Criticisms of 1882?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What I will say, is if people aren't entirely supportive, just try explaining the reasoning behind it as opposed to name calling and insults. 1882 or any equivalent was never going to please everyone, if people want to be negative, let them.
Agreed, but it seems suck a simply concept that I don't get how some people can be so angry at other fans.

It's a perception that we're telling them how to support their club, that coupled with the booing debate. Almost as if 1882 are some elite superfans, if someone has that view then it's pretty hard to tell them otherwise.

The only negativity I've witnessed relating to 1882 has been the complete reverse of what is being discussed here... namely abuse directed at people not in the 1882 section for being and i quote verbatim "fucking shit fans"

I'm all for this kind of thing because it gets a bunch of people who want to sing together in a group, rather than have them spread out amongst people who'd rather watch the game quietly.

But calling people shit fans because they arent singing or they happen to leave early (you don't know their personal circumstances) is kind of counter-productive and serves to reinforce the elitist perception already taken by some non-1882 Spurs fans.

Who are any of us to tell other people how to enjoy their Saturday afternoons at Spurs?

I missed the last event as I decided to sit in my normal seat in Park Lane upper. The only criticism I heard up there, was a few people lauging at fans singing 'there's only one Daniel Levy'. Up until then everyone was quite supportive of the fans making a bit of noise to our right.

It was soon laughed off and I never heard any more criticism. The motive for the gathering was well received, which is most important thing. As anyone who goes to the Lane often knows if needs an injection of life again.

I missed the last event as I decided to sit in my normal seat in Park Lane upper. The only criticism I heard up there, was a few people lauging at fans singing 'there's only one Daniel Levy'. Up until then everyone was quite supportive of the fans making a bit of noise to our right.

It was soon laughed off and I never heard any more criticism. The motive for the gathering was well received, which is most important thing. As anyone who goes to the Lane often knows if needs an injection of life again.
That might sound odd out of context - I believe that was sung at a steward that looked a bit like Levy.

At least we're in with the Park Lane Thursday so people can't sing that "you used to sing down there" song, my only criticism of the night.

Back
Top Bottom