Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

no mate you don't see them all the time. He literally stamped on his ankle before deciding the best course of action to remedy that stamp was to scissor him and trip him with other foot.

Neville being a cunt doesn't excuse how diabolical the 'challenge' was. He will undoubtedly cost us again.

He slipped and went into the bottom of his foot. Made contact with the boot not ankle. There was no stamp.

diabolical? mate, are you this dramatic in real life?

It was a solid yellow for a mistimed clumsy challenge. Anything else is just being a drama queen.

Joined yesterday.....has a go at Romero in one of his first posts.......yeah mate, we believe you're a Spurs fan........

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

Username "SPURS4LYFE" in all caps? :ange-lol:

Who has time for this shit? We have enough anti-spurs supporters of Spurs already. We really don't need any help.

He slipped and went into the bottom of his foot. Made contact with the boot not ankle. There was no stamp.

diabolical? mate, are you this dramatic in real life?

It was a solid yellow for a mistimed clumsy challenge. Anything else is just being a drama queen.
watch it again. What you have described is completely wrong.

He lost his footing AFTER he committed the foul. It was definitely a stamp and there was definitely contact on ankle. Watch it again in slow motion and you will hopefully realise how wrong you are.

Hell even Dawson couldn't defend it and he is our club ambassador who defends everything spurs related usually.

watch it again. What you have described is completely wrong.

He lost his footing AFTER he committed the foul. It was definitely a stamp and there was definitely contact on ankle. Watch it again in slow motion and you will hopefully realise how wrong you are.

Hell even Dawson couldn't defend it and he is our club ambassador who defends everything spurs related usually.

I have watched it. No stamp. Contact on the boot.

Also, on the watch back would love to know what Neville made of the Isak challenge on Romero at 39mins.

He looked, saw Romero jumping for the header and backed into him when he was in the air. You do that on a basketball court, you get ejected and most likely both benches empty into a full on brawl,

It's the second time this season Romero got taken out like that as well. Neither of them had any intent to play the ball.

Last edited:
Also, on the watch back would love to know what Neville made of the Isak challenge on Romero at 39mins.

He looked, saw Romero jumping for the header and backed into him when he was in the air. You do that on a basketball court and you get ejected and most likely both benches empty into a full on brawl,

It's the second time this season Romero got taken out like that as well. Neither of them had any intent to play the ball.
Spot on - I saw that as far more wreckless and potentially risking injury to Romero than his challenge. It took me back to a spell when Harry used to do the same thing whenever he challenged for a lofted ball forward in the centre of the pitch and he used to get slammed by pundits for it. Didn't hear a murmer yesterday.

Spot on - I saw that as far more wreckless and potentially risking injury to Romero than his challenge. It took me back to a spell when Harry used to do the same thing whenever he challenged for a lofted ball forward in the centre of the pitch and he used to get slammed by pundits for it. Didn't hear a murmer yesterday.

I remember that well. He was dragged across every studio panel and social media account for it.

The difference in coverage for Romero on the wrong end just shows how much work the club has to do when it comes to media coverage. No point playing the victim.

Why does it always go like this with our players and what can we do to improve it?

He looked, saw Romero jumping for the header and backed into him when he was in the air. You do that on a basketball court, you get ejected and most likely both benches empty into a full on brawl,

The foul on Porro near the end when the force was enough to flip Pedro 270 degrees before he hit the deck was pretty tasty as well.

And Joe linton’s push on Porro that was really dangerous. He could have caused serious damage when he landed. I thought that worthy of a red but players always seem to get away with being reckless in those situations.

I think Romero's style of play is brilliant, couldn't give two shits if he is 'over aggressive'. Give me him over some useless nobody at CB who's too scared to make a tackle or defend. It's nice to have a few players with abit of personality.
Are those the only choices...you know, a player so lacking in discipline that he gets a red in a big game that leads to a whooping only to return for 1 game before another red OR some useless nobody? Is football binary like that or have you constructed a false binary and instead there are many very good (and better) CBs that lie in between these extremes?

People need to stop listening to that Manc twat on Sky Sports commentary who at every opportunity will always try and be negative towards Spurs.

Would love to know what he would say about Roy Keane when he was playing in the same team as him.
The solution shouldn't be to tribally stick our heads in the sand. The player's actions could and should have cost us and 'whatabouting' Neville doesn't change that. The deserved red he should have seen would have ruined a fantastic and timely team performance.

I think Romero's style of play is brilliant, couldn't give two shits if he is 'over aggressive'. Give me him over some useless nobody at CB who's too scared to make a tackle or defend. It's nice to have a few players with abit of personality.

People need to stop listening to that Manc twat on Sky Sports commentary who at every opportunity will always try and be negative towards Spurs.

Would love to know what he would say about Roy Keane when he was playing in the same team as him.
Ahh you're probably fine with him getting another 3 match ban yesterday because of a stupid challenge.

This needs airing occasionally. Just in case people forget what true cuntery looks like. Martinelli should be hanged for this. What a complete psychopath. Watch his feet, knows exactly what he's doing and then shrugs it off.

Honestly, this infuriates me so much.

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/12uyytx/martinelli_foul_on_bednarek/

Back
Top Bottom