Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have needed players like this for years but some Spurs fans will want to hate on them.

No.

I mean, pattern is starting to form. When I read your post, it feels that there something up with your brain. Cause your thinking is like... inadequate. I don't know what else to say. You only live in extremes. Absolutes. You do not seem to grasp context, shades of grey, anything like that. "WE NEED MORE AGGRESSON = ALL FOULS AND TAKCLES ARE OKAY" ; "WE HAVE TO TAKE RISKS = IT IS GOOD IDEA TO DRIBBLE BETWEEN 3 CITY PLAYERS". But that is just painfully childish and unintelligent. That is not how anything in the actual world works.

Yes, we need players that are smart with their actions. Players who can knock/push/tackle/annoy opposition players. And today, there was absolutely wonderful example on the pitch. Richie. He gave opposition player shoulder-nudges, he takcled them, took them out few times. Won the ball for Spurs and never even got yellow for that. Also, go back and see Lamela antics. We absolutely need such kinds of players.

But this two footed jump with studs in Wilson ankle - it was plain stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Reckless. Irresponsible and unneeded.

I could not care less how many times you repeat that "it was never red in Chelsea game". Cause ... IT FUCKING WAS. He was red-carded after VAR analysis. And he missed 3 games after it. It is historical fact. There is 0 debate about solid fact. And we as a whole team suffered because of that. Despite what your biased and "only-in-extremes-super-simplistic-tunnel-vision" thinking says, at least half of referees will give straight red for that. It is blatantly obvious. You will actually see that sooner or later, I think. And then you can cry and weep all you want - 4 game ban will come from it.

There is absolutely no need to do such tackle in the 87th minute when you are 3:0 up and the opposition player is already about to fall over and your teammate stands just next to you.

Do explain to me - what was the benefit of this situation. Downside was Romero going to 1 yellow away from suspension and very realistic threat of 4 game ban. What did he win from that moment in that scoreline there? What outweighs that risk?

No.

I mean, pattern is starting to form. When I read your post, it feels that there something up with your brain. Cause your thinking is like... inadequate. I don't know what else to say. You only live in extremes. Absolutes. You do not seem to grasp context, shades of grey, anything like that. "WE NEED MORE AGGRESSON = ALL FOULS AND TAKCLES ARE OKAY" ; "WE HAVE TO TAKE RISKS = IT IS GOOD IDEA TO DRIBBLE BETWEEN 3 CITY PLAYERS". But that is just painfully childish and unintelligent. That is not how anything in the actual world works.

Yes, we need players that are smart with their actions. Players who can knock/push/tackle/annoy opposition players. And today, there was absolutely wonderful example on the pitch. Richie. He gave opposition player shoulder-nudges, he takcled them, took them out few times. Won the ball for Spurs and never even got yellow for that. Also, go back and see Lamela antics. We absolutely need such kinds of players.

But this two footed jump with studs in Wilson ankle - it was plain stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Reckless. Irresponsible and unneeded.

I could not care less how many times you repeat that "it was never red in Chelsea game". Cause ... IT FUCKING WAS. He was red-carded after VAR analysis. And he missed 3 games after it. It is historical fact. There is 0 debate about solid fact. And we as a whole team suffered because of that. Despite what your biased and "only-in-extremes-super-simplistic-tunnel-vision" thinking says, at least half of referees will give straight red for that. It is blatantly obvious. You will actually see that sooner or later, I think. And then you can cry and weep all you want - 4 game ban will come from it.

There is absolutely no need to do such tackle in the 87th minute when you are 3:0 up and the opposition player is already about to fall over and your teammate stands just next to you.

Do explain to me - what was the benefit of this situation. Downside was Romero going to 1 yellow away from suspension and very realistic threat of 4 game ban. What did he win from that moment in that scoreline there? What outweighs that risk?
Fuck me that’s a lot of words.
No chance I’m reading it but I give it A* for effort.

Romero isn't for me personally. I'd be happy if we could move him on to Madrid or PSG.

He is one of the best defenders in the world on his day, but you can't keep doing shit like that a let your team down again & again.

Just out of the pub - the old kharsi on the High Rd. First call I made after the game was to ask if Romero deserved a red. Caller confirmed a red ‘on another day’. Fucks sake.

Saw Romero squaring up to Joelinton after the Porro challenge and from that point onwards Romero was gonna do Joelinton, no matter what.

Thing is, he is so clearly a world class CB, he runs our defence and often our attacks. Comfortable, calm and more or less collected. Then the red mist!!!

As good as he is we can’t do with a defender who plays only 25/30 per season due to suspension

Just out of the pub - the old kharsi on the High Rd. First call I made after the game was to ask if Romero deserved a red. Caller confirmed a red ‘on another day’. Fucks sake.

Saw Romero squaring up to Joelinton after the Porro challenge and from that point onwards Romero was gonna do Joelinton, no matter what.

Thing is, he is so clearly a world class CB, he runs our defence and often our attacks. Comfortable, calm and more or less collected. Then the red mist!!!

As good as he is we can’t do with a defender who plays only 25/30 per season due to suspension
Nowhere near world class when a lot of your game is based on making desperate (usually poor) challenges because you're not reading the game well enough.

Nowhere near world class when a lot of your game is based on making desperate (usually poor) challenges because you're not reading the game well enough.
People forgetting he's a 25 years old. Van Dijk at his age was getting first call ups to Netherlands squad and making some noise in Southampton side... our guy is already a World Cup and Copa America gold medalist.
A lot of success happened for him quickly, he needs to calm down sometimes but I've no doubt he can.
His quality when not getting himself send off is undeniable.

If someone completely did him, no one could say anything about it at this point.

He is easily one of the dirtiest players to pull on our shirt in recent memory.

Does recent memory include Graham Roberts?

I remember he nearly sent Mick Channon into the Stands head first in one game!

Great player that plays on the edge at times but try and take that away he probably wouldn't be as good.
Just need to bring in a decent back up.

Does recent memory include Graham Roberts?

I remember he nearly sent Mick Channon into the Stands head first in one game!
Graham was a wee bit before my time as a Spurs fan.

Justin Edinburgh and Ben Thatcher had a bit of dirt about them, Michael Brown as well although when he came in we had a midfield that was so nice it was going to send us down before he started kicking the cunt out of people.

The game is different now though and Romero is a complete liability...if someone left a bad one on him, he couldn't complain about it even a little bit.

Graham was a wee bit before my time as a Spurs fan.

Justin Edinburgh and Ben Thatcher had a bit of dirt about them, Michael Brown as well although when he came in we had a midfield that was so nice it was going to send us down before he started kicking the cunt out of people.

The game is different now though and Romero is a complete liability...if someone left a bad one on him, he couldn't complain about it even a little bit.

That’s right he’d sort them out later

I didn’t realise how young you are

I was brought up in the era of Dave Mackay, Norman Hunter, Tommy Smith, Chopper Harris etc

Only Mackay would survive in today’s game as he was a complete midfielder

The best I’ve ever seen and wasn’t frightened of anyone!

His foul wasn't on joelinton . It was on Wilson.

I thought yellow but genneral consensus is it was a red.

Back
Top Bottom