Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bollocks.

All our best bought players are from the bargain basement end of the transfer market, except striker and wide player where Poch wastes money on shit that contributes nothing, 2 CF's and 2 wide players he brought in who have contributed zilch on the pitch, having been sooooooo close for 2 seasons I really can't help but wonder what might have happened with players who could actually play in those positions rather than the deadwood planks he's lumbered us with, Llorente being a fine example of total uselessness to the current cause.

And fuck knows where Sissoko fits into this rant lol.
I think we kind of agree actually. As you say, Pochs worked miracles shopping in the bargain basement. But it seems with our striking options the bargain basement aint the answer. We need a proven top class striker who can ROTATE with Kane. Not a cheap has been to cover when he's injured. But these players cost money.
Money that Levy won' fucking spend. We're reading from the same page mate

I could have sworn there was a thread on this, but the only one I could find via searching was from 2017 so time for a new one.

What are your Unpopular/Hot Take Spurs opinions?

I'll go first.

We didn't waste the Bale money, we got Eriksen in the same window for only 10 million. If we spent 40 million of that money on him everyone would say we did alright with it. Plus Lamela played over 250 games for us and Chadli had a decent couple seasons, granted Soldado, Paulinho, Chiriches and Capoue were shit. But as a direct replacement Eriksen was as good as we could have hoped for.

We didn't waste the Bale money, we got Eriksen in the same window for only 10 million. If we spent 40 million of that money on him everyone would say we did alright with it. Plus Lamela played over 250 games for us and Chadli had a decent couple seasons, granted Soldado, Paulinho, Chiriches and Capoue were shit. But as a direct replacement Eriksen was as good as we could have hoped for.
Using the "Bale money" and the "Bale 7" as a frame is understandable and done in good faith, but it leads people completely analytically astray.

The right way to look at it is a two-to-three year process in which the selling of Modric and Bale funded a total squad overhaul that was coupled with the modernization of the club tactically, aligned with the move into the new training ground and turned 'Arry's team into Poch's.

That process was a tremendous success, something that zooming in on Soldado and Paulinho obscures.

That's the last time the club was operating with thoughtful alignment between its finances and its competitive goals. That's the kind of thing we're striving for again, but the existing misalignment has been allowed to get shockingly wide.

ANYWAY, that's all prologue to my unpopular Spurs opinion: AVB is the most underrated figure in the modern history of the club.

Poch inherited a situation ready for him, and that doesn't happen without AVB on a tactical, personnel, and club culture level.

Everybody saying how incredible the atmosphere was for United.

As a man who has just spent over £1000 on car tyres I think that our category A tickets sound quite good value for money.
We are all pawns in Daniel Levy’s world.

I don't consider certain players legends, because of the way they left - Klinsmann, Bale, Modric, Sheringham, Berbatov, Keane and Carr to name a few - I don't really care how good they were.
Blimey, this must be an unpopular opinion, never got TWO kisses for a post before!!!
But I thought that was the point of the thread and disagrees were not particularly required or relevant..
What say you Paul Gascoigne Paul Gascoigne and SausageVince SausageVince ?

Everybody saying how incredible the atmosphere was for United.

As a man who has just spent over £1000 on car tyres I think that our category A tickets sound quite good value for money.
We are all pawns in Daniel Levy’s world.
I paid £96 for standing at Abba Voyage and when you realize how much work had gone into the production, and the quality of the entertainment, you have to say it was worth it.
The game on Saturday was definitely worth the cost, but many games are not. Maybe games should be priced on how good they are. ;)

I paid £96 for standing at Abba Voyage and when you realize how much work had gone into the production, and the quality of the entertainment, you have to say it was worth it.
The game on Saturday was definitely worth the cost, but many games are not. Maybe games should be priced on how good they are. ;)

Pay what you think it was worth into a bucket on the way out. 😁

Just remembered another one... But from years back...

Always thought Ray Clemence (RIP) was a bit overated!

He was lousy at penalties, and we probably would've lost the '84 UEFA Cup Final had HE played, and not Tony Parkes....

There, I said it.... 40 years later!

FINALLY got that one off my chest!!!!

Back
Top Bottom