Confess your unpopular opinion.....on Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought of another one.
When groups of our fans give it large to the away fans at the top of Park lane behind police lines.
Walked past loads of times thinking half this would melt if it all kicked off.

That was probably a bit harsh of me. I take it back. And yep, my mum certainly wouldn't let me go watch Spurs in the late 80s/early 90s and I don't blame her. She well remembered her brothers coming home roughed-up. You can't possibly be arguing that before things became more 'American', going to WHL was a family-friendly outing.
I get that looking back ,those days may seem bad.But they were superb.You really had to be there to see why us of a certain age hark back to them.The camaraderie with people that are still friends now(even ones that for a variety of reasons have fallen by the way side).It was cheap,easy to get in(if you got there early enough) and i stood next to people i wanted to,and not someone that clicked a mouse a second before me online.
And the Beigals were better..

With the way the TV money and move to far east marketing is going with football and the PL, I think we're 5 years or so away from international super leagues.

buying Neymar for €200m now seems sensible if you think that gets you into the club. i can't see 6 PL teams getting into this league so not only would we need a shiny new stadium and big foreign fan base to get in, i also think we'd need to get rid of the 'it's only spurs' tag that for some reason we still have (see latest crap about Rose to A N Other club - FFS).

i don't think there's anything we can do to break into this big 4. that boat has sailed.

I hate Sol. Not a very controversial statement round here. But I wish Spurs fans would stop singing about him. It's boring we got so much to celebrate. Every time "ohhhh Sol Campbell" strikes up, I just die a little bit inside.

I hate Sol. Not a very controversial statement round here. But I wish Spurs fans would stop singing about him. It's boring we got so much to celebrate. Every time "ohhhh Sol Campbell" strikes up, I just die a little bit inside.
Agree totally.He thrives on being in the public eye.He probably loves the fact we sing about him,deluded prick he is.Let it go,stop singing about him.It would hurt him more

This. The worst thing that could happen to Sol (And the Woolwich fans that keep bringing him up). Is if we just moved on and made him a distant memory and nothing more. A cunty little footnote in history

I get that looking back ,those days may seem bad.But they were superb.You really had to be there to see why us of a certain age hark back to them.The camaraderie with people that are still friends now(even ones that for a variety of reasons have fallen by the way side).It was cheap,easy to get in(if you got there early enough) and i stood next to people i wanted to,and not someone that clicked a mouse a second before me online.
And the Beigals were better..
Nowadays it's the complete opposite, the English fans are by far the most subdued bunch around. Nowhere else in Europe do the stewards have that much power and is there so little rebellion. I had primary school teachers that treated their children more maturely than the stewards to to the average fan over the pond

Love seeing Spurs live but the fact that it's such a controlled and sanitized environment always grates me.

Couldn't agree more with this. Love signing it in the last 10 mins against any of the big 5, but fuck me Hull!!, do me a favour. Only exception to that was Millwall, as they came all mouth and deserved anything, (that said not as good as singing back at them their Whoooooa thing was hilarious).

Indeed.

Hull: Thought it was pretty shitty given there were proper yidos amongst them.

Also vs Wycombe was pretty unclassy.

Indeed.

Hull: Thought it was pretty shitty given there were proper yidos amongst them.

Also vs Wycombe was pretty unclassy.
It should be a song reserved for actual rivals. Not just any team we face.

We are about playing with style after all. Or something like that

I believe that Eric Dier is an average centre back at best. He often lets long balls bounce before failing to deal with them, instead of attacking the ball in the air. He will cost us goals.

I do not like the "No Limits" Jan and Toby chant. And it always seems to go on for ages. I mean, I join in, but feel ashamed for doing so.

Playing at Wembley will be an issue this season but not due to the pitch size or "a curse", but due to the lack of recognisable reference points for the players when they glance up to see where they are on the pitch.

We'll still win the league though.

Nowadays it's the complete opposite, the English fans are by far the most subdued bunch around. Nowhere else in Europe do the stewards have that much power and is there so little rebellion. I had primary school teachers that treated their children more maturely than the stewards to to the average fan over the pond

Love seeing Spurs live but the fact that it's such a controlled and sanitized environment always grates me.

Well I respectfully disagree. If I can take my young cousins to a Spurs game without some neck veined loser effing, blinding and c*nting next to us, no fears about being crushed by the crowd, and leave the stadium without the fear of running into a rival firm, I'm all for the more sanitized experience. There's a bit to much of that stuff even on this forum tbh.

Back
Top Bottom