Conditioning Team Out?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our defence is dog-shit - we could have easily seen that game out 2-3 seasons ago - we now look like conceding every time a cross is put into our box. You always start building from the back
Well yes I agree. But the bigger problem in my book is how we play defence and how we attack, and that's more on the coach and the players.

Does anyone know which diet regime Pochettino and his staff are using for the players? Don't think I have ever seen an article about it

Nope.... And here's the kicker; neither has Zest Zest .

Same goes for detail surrounding their training regieme beside the fact that we know they're trained "hard".

:pochrolleyes:

I don’t know anything about Pochettino’s son and not much about sports science. But common sense tells me that the role of Head of Sports Science at a big organisation like Spurs involving highly tuned athletes where that extra 5% can make all the difference between winning/losing, staying fit/getting injured, would surely be best performed by someone with more experience. The CEO of for example Sainsburys is not taken fresh from school or university- he/she works his or her way up within the organisation or similar organisations learning from their experiences and mistakes as they go. Would Pochettino jnr have been given the role at such an early age unless it was for his father? Such nepotism is yet more evidence that the club needs a serious overhaul

FYI, Both Pooley and Poch jnr are claiming the job title of First Team Sports Scientist at Spurs.

Not sure if this is still the case, but in 2017 this guy was the Head of Sports Science at Spurs.

In many companies it is frowned upon (or even not possible) to have family members working in senior appointments where conflicts of interest etc can arise. So better if Poch jnr moves to a different club to avoid that kind of situation arising - even if Poch jnr who has a first class degree in the subject and is academically capable of the role.

FYI, Both Pooley and Poch jnr are claiming the job title of First Team Sports Scientist at Spurs.

Not sure if this is still the case, but in 2017 this guy was the Head of Sports Science at Spurs.

In many companies it is frowned upon (or even not possible) to have family members working in senior appointments where conflicts of interest etc can arise. So better if Poch jnr moves to a different club to avoid that kind of situation arising - even if Poch jnr who has a first class degree in the subject and is academically capable of the role.

I couldn’t agree more. What next? We’ll probably find out that his mum works in the canteen and his dad is the kit man

Liverpool also seem to win more games early where they are then able to coast and the other team somewhat gives up. (Apart from lately when they have been having close games). To me it’s clear as day a lot of our injuries are caused by asking too much of players bodies. Even some of Kane’s injuries that are impact (which sounds strange until you research it). The two new signings we caused muscle fatigue injuries, especially Ndombele. However part of that is on him, he was clearly not fit and overweight when he signed.

Conditioning is 50% of the game. Players become cowards when they’re tired.

I am not sure why anyone would complain about making sure the players are at the highest levels of conditioning.

If someone is injured then they need to recover appropriately before trying to maximize their conditioning.

Well he’s not the head of sports science at all.

A qualified Dr is and has been for quite some time. A quick google will tell you that. The guy who saved that Bolton player.

Pochetinno junior is clearly learning his trade.

Amazing people don’t just do a bit of their own research. Rather than just trusting what they read or guess.
Poch Jnr is the First Team Sport Scientist.

Back
Top Bottom