Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Commentator for BT said something like Gallagher is the only midfielder in the top five leagues with the most tackles, dispossessions, presses and other things in the whole of Europe. Can't remember exactly, might have also included fouls and height of the top knot, or docks with teammates in the showers because I wasn't really listening. But interesting that it's being picked up how influential he appears to be.

I've got eyes and he looked fucking useless today. Save hitting the post. Which is still useless.

:ange-blow:

So going by their non sendingsn off today, I guess the new Premier League rules are one rule for Chelsea, another for everyone else?

Just watched a recording of MOTD

The tackle on Willian was a clear red card imv

If that was any of our players then they would have won sent off

Disgraceful

Just watched a recording of MOTD

The tackle on Willian was a clear red card imv

If that was any of our players then they would have won sent off

Disgraceful
Absolutely sickening watching motd so called pundits saying its a yellow because there was no malice. No thoughts of their own, afraid to criticise officials.
In my opinion MOTD is not fit for purpose anymore

Absolutely sickening watching motd so called pundits saying its a yellow because there was no malice. No thoughts of their own, afraid to criticise officials.
They've been criticising officials for weeks on end. Lineker even stated that he was embarrassed to have pushed for VAR.

Having said that, their 'it's only a Yellow' take was ridiculous. Even worse was the reasoning that it wasn't dangerous! Studs up, into the shin, with the force of your body weight behind the lunge isn't dangerous?

I'd bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that if either of those 2 were on the receiving end, they'd be calling Red all day long.

They've been criticising officials for weeks on end. Lineker even stated that he was embarrassed to have pushed for VAR.

Having said that, their 'it's only a Yellow' take was ridiculous. Even worse was the reasoning that it wasn't dangerous! Studs up, into the shin, with the force of your body weight behind the lunge isn't dangerous?

I'd bet you a pound to a pinch of shit that if either of those 2 were on the receiving end, they'd be calling Red all day long.

Didn’t Micah say reckless but not malicious?

I’ve no love for Willian but that was nearly a leg breaker!

Also how the fuck do they know there was no malice? Can they read players minds now?

What difference does it make whether you "meant it" if you almost break another player's leg with a tackle? Should be a straight red either way.

Honestly though, MOTD kinda led the curve on biased punditry towards certain teams, remember the days of Hansen & Lawrenson, where every week turned into a Dippers love in?

View: https://youtu.be/J1-9mK47-7A?si=oSMXVexb0DYnYwQg

View: https://youtu.be/qmIjhVtpAQE?si=9J--ZgtTwR3jV6Yf

View: https://youtu.be/qoKqWFa15Pc?si=wb-XXM7aNOVZIQ8P

Do It Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

Pep doesn't coach attacking sequences?

lol ok.
Two things...1) what you said and that to which I responded was this...

Poch doesn't coach final third combinations.
...which is slightly different connotation to the most recent 'attacking sequences'.

2) a don't double down on it because you'll look foolish when primary source proof shows up. He says he gets players to the final third and let's them express themselves...so Yes! I'm surprised you could be so bold in response and not know this...but it's true for him and a lot of other 'attacking' coaches. And Poch said the same thing but in our best times there did seem patterns of attacking play but that's just players doing what they do and that's why it looks 'trained'...everyone has habits and preferences...and not everyone strangles the life outta football like Conte.

edit: and to be clear, "attacking sequences" is, to me, less granular than "final third combinations". FTC implies, to me, directing where players should pass instead of a broader perspective of getting players into positions for overloads and letting them figure it out from there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom