Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Two things...1) what you said and that to which I responded was this...

...which is slightly different connotation to the most recent 'attacking sequences'.

2) a don't double down on it because you'll look foolish when primary source proof shows up. He says he gets players to the final third and let's them express themselves...so Yes! I'm surprised you could be so bold in response and not know this...but it's true for him and a lot of other 'attacking' coaches. And Poch said the same thing but in our best times there did seem patterns of attacking play but that's just players doing what they do and that's why it looks 'trained'...everyone has habits and preferences...and not everyone strangles the life outta football like Conte.
I can guarantee you pep let's his players "express themselves" within a framework and set patterns.

If you think his tactical input stops at the final third, you're on another planet.

You really should listen to people criticising poch out there (and get out of your bubble)... they are saying the same thing.

And specifically on cohesion and imaginative final 3rd play... or the lack, thereof.

*I think you revisiting this after 4 weeks since my last post, is cute btw. You should write to poch... you never know! :love:

Last edited:
I can guarantee you pep let's his players "express themselves" within a framework and set patterns.
You can guarantee nothing as you were unfamiliar with his actual words on the topic.

If you think his tactical input stops at the final third, you're on another planet.
I didn't say that but thanks for putting word into my mouth.

You really should listen to people criticising poch out there (and get out of your bubble)... they are saying the same thing.
Most people are stupid...in general...and most football fans are that AND know very little about the sport they watch. So why is it you think I should listen to them?

What I know about Chelsea is what I see and I listen to NO ONE more than the info from my own eyes and experience. Enzo is shit, Caicedio hasn't remotely shown his BHA form, the backline has been decimated, and the forwards are pretty dependent and not remotely clinical. Beyond that they all just met yesterday!

The money is laundromat funding...it should not be coloring folks perspective...and the fact that it does is part of the reason I ignore most people's perspective...plus my experience when typically being right and them (whoever the them happens to be at the moment) typically being wrong.

And specifically on cohesion and imaginative final 3rd play... or the lack, thereof.
And how would you expect that to go with Sterling and Jackson?

Just saw a list of upcoming fixtures and the suggestion it will be tough. That's another person that doesn't understand! These upcoming teams that are 'good' will open up and make things easier for them. They are shit against packed teams. They said the same thing last Oct/Nov and it worked out the opposite but they didn't learn. So you keep listening to people.

You can guarantee nothing as you were unfamiliar with his actual words on the topic.

I didn't say that but thanks for putting word into my mouth.

Most people are stupid...in general...and most football fans are that AND know very little about the sport they watch. So why is it you think I should listen to them?

What I know about Chelsea is what I see and I listen to NO ONE more than the info from my own eyes and experience. Enzo is shit, Caicedio hasn't remotely shown his BHA form, the backline has been decimated, and the forwards are pretty dependent and not remotely clinical. Beyond that they all just met yesterday!

The money is laundromat funding...it should not be coloring folks perspective...and the fact that it does is part of the reason I ignore most people's perspective...plus my experience when typically being right and them (whoever the them happens to be at the moment) typically being wrong.

And how would you expect that to go with Sterling and Jackson?

Just saw a list of upcoming fixtures and the suggestion it will be tough. That's another person that doesn't understand! These upcoming teams that are 'good' will open up and make things easier for them. They are shit against packed teams. They said the same thing last Oct/Nov and it worked out the opposite but they didn't learn. So you keep listening to people.
You're like waaaaay too invested in this.

It's pretty weird tbh.

Poch is tactically limited (fact).

He's on thin ice with the fans (already), who have clocked this.

If he's still there next season, I'd be amazed.

Either way, I couldn't really care less.

Not managing my club.

Just fun watching their shit club rot.

You're like waaaaay too invested in this.
You were able to glean that from me responding to your points, huh?
It's pretty weird tbh.
Weird that I watch ALL football with a desire to understand, talk about it intelligently on a football forum, and in a thread specifically referencing the team/coach we are discussing? Low bar for weirdness...
Poch is tactically limited (fact).
Not really sure what the threshold is of what is and isn't tactically limited...and sure haven't seen the scientific studies to prove it's "fact". That said, discounting the massive dross that he was saddled with that surely prevented any tactical wrinkles that may have included being able to control or pass accurately at 5 yds, he seemed to bump up against his limitations toward the end with us. Hard to tease out the biggest determinants of that.
If he's still there next season, I'd be amazed.
Weren't you suggesting Christmas past? Shall we look?
Either way, I couldn't really care less.
Much evidence to the contrary...
Not managing my club.

Just fun watching their shit club rot.
And here's where we differ...I wish him the greatest success...because if it affects us negatively it will be because we let it.

You were able to glean that from me responding to your points, huh?

Weird that I watch ALL football with a desire to understand, talk about it intelligently on a football forum, and in a thread specifically referencing the team/coach we are discussing? Low bar for weirdness...

Not really sure what the threshold is of what is and isn't tactically limited...and sure haven't seen the scientific studies to prove it's "fact". That said, discounting the massive dross that he was saddled with that surely prevented any tactical wrinkles that may have included being able to control or pass accurately at 5 yds, he seemed to bump up against his limitations toward the end with us. Hard to tease out the biggest determinants of that.

Weren't you suggesting Christmas past? Shall we look?

Much evidence to the contrary...

And here's where we differ...I wish him the greatest success...because if it affects us negatively it will be because we let it.
Todd, I don't care.

For some reason you're misreading my piss-taking of chels/poch as some sort of 'jilted lover' angst. or some such bizarreness(??).

I'm just enjoying the chelscum freakshow and the meltdown they're all having (the issues I foresaw re. his tactical limitations being the cherry on top).

You should try it.

It's great fun. :)

Funnily enough I'm pleading for him to go back there as well...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcTiXPdRIb0

This absolute cunt is everything that’s wrong with modern football

He’s never kicked a ball in his life, clearly knows absolutely nothing about the game and changes his opinions daily to fit with the media narrative

And he’s got a platform to reach millions of people

Social media really has killed our society

I love Pochettino maaaan. Its nice to reminisce sometimes. He’s a Spurs legend in my eyes. Spurs let him go lets not forget that. Remember the good old days.

I think he will do well. He’ll creep them up the table. If they finish top 6 itll be a good result. Shame about the club he went to but you dont turn down top premier league jobs and he doesnt owe us anything.

He will build something with them unfortunately. Hes not a flash in the pan type manager. He will slowly build them up.

I love Pochettino maaaan. Its nice to reminisce sometimes. He’s a Spurs legend in my eyes. Spurs let him go lets not forget that. Remember the good old days.

I think he will do well. He’ll creep them up the table. If they finish top 6 itll be a good result. Shame about the club he went to but you dont turn down top premier league jobs and he doesnt owe us anything.

He will build something with them unfortunately. Hes not a flash in the pan type manager. He will slowly build them up.

🤡🤡

Nothing controversial in that post. You’d only respond like that if you are biased or a hater. Let the man be. You’re like a jaded ex. You’ll do the same to Postecoglou when Levy pushes the red button.

Calling him a Spurs legend when he's gone to our rivals is why you're a clown.

Calling him a Spurs legend when he's gone to our rivals is why you're a clown.
He’s 100% a Spurs legend and always will be. You’ve supported Spurs for all of 5 minutes. You’ll never truly understand what reaching a CL final and playing the way Poch had us playing feels like.

Let the man be, troll

He’s 100% a Spurs legend and always will be. You’ve supported Spurs for all of 5 minutes. You’ll never truly understand what reaching a CL final and playing the way Poch had us playing feels like.

Let the man be, troll

Your definition of a legend is certainly different to mine, you must think that Judas is a legend because he lifted the League Cup with us

Couldn't give a fuck if he took us to the CL Final, when you sign for a club like Chelsea you burn your bridges as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing worse than a Poch cuck, it's one thing being a cuck for him when he no longer manages us but being a complete cuck for him when he's managing the enemy is pure clownery.

Your definition of a legend is certainly different to mine, you must think that Judas is a legend because he lifted the League Cup with us

Couldn't give a fuck if he took us to the CL Final, when you sign for a club like Chelsea you burn your bridges as far as I'm concerned.

Nothing worse than a Poch cuck, it's one thing being a cuck for him when he no longer manages us but being a complete cuck for him when he's managing the enemy is pure clownery.
You’re not a warrior calm down. Any reasonable Spurs fan. Infact, any actual Spurs fan (you’re an enic shill) would appreciate the work Pochettino did for Spurs and the many great number of years and memories we had together as a club.

Comparing him to Judas is ridiculous. He stitched the club up and went straight to our north london rivals. Poch was sacked by us. He didnt leave. He then coached in a different league. By this time his time with Spurs was over. And so was ours with him. I dont blame him for taking a big premier league job on his return years after managing us. He’s only ever had fond things to say about us and hasnt ruled out a return.

I understand your continued need to trash him though, considering your employer has had nothing but utter failure since his decision to sack Poch.

You’re not a warrior calm down. Any reasonable Spurs fan. Infact, any actual Spurs fan (you’re an enic shill) would appreciate the work Pochettino did for Spurs and the many great number of years and memories we had together as a club.

Comparing him to Judas is ridiculous. He stitched the club up and went straight to our north london rivals. Poch was sacked by us. He didnt leave. He then coached in a different league. By this time his time with Spurs was over. And so was ours with him. I dont blame him for taking a big premier league job on his return years after managing us. He’s only ever had fond things to say about us and hasnt ruled out a return.

I understand your continued need to trash him though, considering your employer has had nothing but utter failure since his decision to sack Poch.

Embarrassing

Back
Top Bottom