Come here to laugh at the Fascist, Failing Chavs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

100% In fact my only worry is if they stick with him.

Poch is a slow starter (I thought this was normal for most good coaches as they identify those they didn't want and then focus on a core group to instil their methods until Ange rocked up and blow that concept out of the water) - he was also a slow starter each individual season bar 1 from memory with his teams built to peak around Christmas and new year.

The issues he has at Chelsea are different to the ones he inherited at Spurs but I think he has more to work with at Chavs, there's a higher level of player there across the squad and they are in theory in the main young enough to take his ideas on and that doesn't even mention their academy and what talents lay within.

He already has them playing something that resembles a Poch team al be it a very diluted version of the one at Spurs. But with some tweaking (and time given to do this) there is always the danger.

What I do see is however that Chavs don't understand the concept of patients, even when this is used throughout the fanbase, their idea of giving someone time is a totally alien concept, they've been brought up under 20yrs of instant success backed by criminal means. The fact he's Tottenham only shortens the period in which he can operate.

The general feeling from what I'm reading is that if he doesn't get European football this season then he's out. So I expect the drums of discontent to continue for the remainder of the season, or at least until it's mathematically impossible for them to get into a European spot.

Financials to the announced soon, which will be fun. I expect them to show losses of approx £3m per week, certainly above £2m per week.

Fun times.

28 points from 20 games.

Depends what european football they will accept - if its CL or nothing (as the entitled pricks may say - and of course the £'s they need for ffp purposes) they are already 12 points behind CL places with 18 games to play, so they'd need a turnround to start very soon to have much of a chance.

If they settle for the conference league (which has minimal prize money ) no need to panic for a couple of months !

100% In fact my only worry is if they stick with him.

Poch is a slow starter (I thought this was normal for most good coaches as they identify those they didn't want and then focus on a core group to instil their methods until Ange rocked up and blow that concept out of the water) - he was also a slow starter each individual season bar 1 from memory with his teams built to peak around Christmas and new year.

The issues he has at Chelsea are different to the ones he inherited at Spurs but I think he has more to work with at Chavs, there's a higher level of player there across the squad and they are in theory in the main young enough to take his ideas on and that doesn't even mention their academy and what talents lay within.

He already has them playing something that resembles a Poch team al be it a very diluted version of the one at Spurs. But with some tweaking (and time given to do this) there is always the danger.

What I do see is however that Chavs don't understand the concept of patients, even when this is used throughout the fanbase, their idea of giving someone time is a totally alien concept, they've been brought up under 20yrs of instant success backed by criminal means. The fact he's Tottenham only shortens the period in which he can operate.

The general feeling from what I'm reading is that if he doesn't get European football this season then he's out. So I expect the drums of discontent to continue for the remainder of the season, or at least until it's mathematically impossible for them to get into a European spot.

Financials to the announced soon, which will be fun. I expect them to show losses of approx £3m per week, certainly above £2m per week.

Fun times.

I read an article on the Athletic where they seem to think they will be fine this year for ffp (I do too actually because of the amount of players they’ve sold) through different accounting tricks despite their losses. It’s worth a look. We should definitely not help them out by giving them money for Gallagher though, because it will enable them to get a more reliable goal scorer in and with one of those they can hide a lot of deficiencies in the team (as we know with Kane).

Agree with the lack of patience from their fans and about Poch. We don’t want them winning a league cup under him for example. If Borough can do a job on them at Stamford bridge however unlikely that may seem, I think that will be him out the door.

I read an article on the Athletic where they seem to think they will be fine this year for ffp (I do too actually because of the amount of players they’ve sold) through different accounting tricks despite their losses. It’s worth a look. We should definitely not help them out by giving them money for Gallagher though, because it will enable them to get a more reliable goal scorer in and with one of those they can hide a lot of deficiencies in the team (as we know with Kane).

Agree with the lack of patience from their fans and about Poch. We don’t want them winning a league cup under him for example. If Borough can do a job on them at Stamford bridge however unlikely that may seem, I think that will be him out the door.
Yeah, I read that article too.

It pins its hope on them being Okay based entirely on the premise that their wage bill has been significantly reduced but gives absolutely no breakdown of this assumption.

He mentions Ziyech, Havertz, Kovetic etc sure these players were on massive wages BUT they bought Sterling and he's on £325k per week!! Reece James is on £350k pw, Chillwell £200k, Fofana £200k, Nkunku £200k, Enzo £180k, Cucurella £175k, Caicado £175k, Mudryk £100k etc etc etc....

I'm sure they have reduced their wage bill but it simply doesn't make sense that given the competitive marketplace, these players are on anything other than massive wages.

I disagree about the helping them out aspect. We should approach every new acquisition with the mindset of; does it improve Spurs? If the answer to that is yes then we do it. The focus should be on the player's attributes and if their profile is a positive for Spurs. I think for vibes it kicks them in the balls too which is an added ego massage (i hope the Club doesn't make a decision for vibes though).

GDuSRALXsAAmAoN

GDuVJsqXcAAqYi9

What the fucking hell is that?

Amazingly only 8 points behind us now. But that was also the last game of their ultra kind run they've had

Now it's

Villa (fa cup)
Liverpool
Wolves
Palace away
Man city
Us
Brentford
Newcastle
Woolwich

Was thinking it was some stupid K Pop Boy Band bollocks, ends up with it being Fat Ted using his football club to promote some (no doubt) shit trash film in the middle of a Premier League Game :harrysmile:

Must be so proud as a fan base.

Back
Top Bottom