Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rice isn't better in possession particularly going forward, he's very safe and he doesn't move the ball quick enough.

Xhaka's timing of his runs in the box was good as well and that enabled Odegaard to have space as well.

I don't think Rice is a bad signing but expecting him to replace Xhaka is never going to work, it's why their attackers and attacks are now suffering.

Agreed, As per my post above Rice is a better Hojbjerg, he makes it hard for the other team to play with the ball. He is brilliant at that, he is a water carrier (I mean that not as an insult) but to make it work they need two technical players next to him with a passing range. I have zero idea what Arteta is trying to do pairing him with Havertz.

Agreed, As per my post above Rice is a better Hojbjerg, he makes it hard for the other team to play with the ball. He is brilliant at that, he is a water carrier (I mean that not as an insult) but to make it work they need two technical players next to him with a passing range. I have zero idea what Arteta is trying to do pairing him with Havertz.

It seems like he gone all Conte this season.

Rice isn't better in possession particularly going forward, he's very safe and he doesn't move the ball quick enough.

Xhaka's timing of his runs in the box was good as well and that enabled Odegaard to have space as well.

I don't think Rice is a bad signing but expecting him to replace Xhaka is never going to work, it's why their attackers and attacks are now suffering.

Declan Rice – The driving runs of the midfielder were a staple during his West Ham days and they have transferred over to Woolwich brilliantly. As have his abilities to totally boss midfielders, win duels persistently and secure possession for his side.

There continues to be no end to how impressive he can be. 9/10.

Declan Rice – The driving runs of the midfielder were a staple during his West Ham days and they have transferred over to Woolwich brilliantly. As have his abilities to totally boss midfielders, win duels persistently and secure possession for his side.

There continues to be no end to how impressive he can be. 9/10.

Ok?

opJxDny.png

Rice is absolutely fine in a b2b role. He was the best player on the pitch today. You could pair Rice with a sitting DM and a Odegaard and it would be perfect.

He’s got WAAAAYY more to his game than a Hojbjerg. Far more powerful ball carrier. He’s better at everything than Partey is.

The issue is entirely sticking an invisible man that is Havertz in there. Replace him with a proper CM and that midfield thrives. He is pointless.

Just watched his little rant acting like an entitled brat , could be wrong but if that was us Postecoglou would just shrug ‘shit happens,mate’……ffs there is more important things going on in the world and yes I’m including our result on Monday irrespective of what it is.

The Arteta, Klopp, Mourinho post-match refereeing fits are so exhausting, even if they’re right it’s all about excuse making. Arteta is mixing his referee criticism with a bunch of praise for how well his team played and nonsense. They were shocking today, barely cracked .5 xg. It’s not about the referees it’s about denial and his fragile ego.

Very much appreciate the Ange, Pochettino, and even Conte approach of barely commenting on the officiating. Even in egregious situations, which todays Woolwich game was not, you look more foolish than righteous.

Rice is absolutely fine in a b2b role. He was the best player on the pitch today. You could pair Rice with a sitting DM and a Odegaard and it would be perfect.

He’s got WAAAAYY more to his game than a Hojbjerg. Far more powerful ball carrier. He’s better at everything than Partey is.

The issue is entirely sticking an invisible man that is Havertz in there. Replace him with a proper CM and that midfield thrives. He is pointless.

Partey though and Xhaka are much better passers than Rice. Last season Arse built their game on getting the ball through the lines into Saka, Jesus etc quickly. Rice doesn’t offer that as much and Havertz not at all.

Rice is brilliant at what he does but he has weaknesses and playing him next to less technical players exposes them.

In how Arse play

Partey/Xhaka/Odegaard >

Rice/Jorginho/Havertz or Odegaard

So they say that the goal should have been disallowed because:

1, Magalhaes was fouled.

2, The ball was out.

3, Gordon was offside.

Is any of this correct?

Partey though and Xhaka are much better passers than Rice.

‘Only six players have completed more final-third passes than Rice in the Premier League this season and only two at Woolwich in Odegaard and Saka. The midfielder has managed that while maintaining an impressive accuracy rate of 92 per cent.’

Rice/Odegaard/Havertz is worse because of Havertz, who is shit. Put Rodri for example in there and it becomes incredible .. you think Pep targets players who can’t pass or move the ball on quickly? Come on now.

Rice is an all round midfielder. His game has transitioned to this for the last season and a half. His ball carrying and passing range are not remotely limited, he just adds that to brilliant ball winning capability.

He was a great signing for them. Amazing. The morons just paired that with signing a non-entity in Havertz and not improving their forward options. Their squad isn’t built for this many games & they aren’t getting away with the surprise factor they had for a lot of last season.

The minute the game ended, I was hoping we'd be treated to a Lego man meltdown...and I've got to say, Arteta really didn't disappoint. I might have to watch it on repeat a few times whenever I'm feeling miserable.

200.gif

Back
Top Bottom