Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well Arteta has taken it well...
Should be getting fined and taken to task on his comments.. He is clearly doing a Klopp to try and get favours in future matches.. He has lost the plot, calling it a disgrace and embarrassing - do wish one of the journos had then asked him should Havertz have got a Red, he would have exploded...
...at least Liverpool scored in their defeat, AND had a coupla players sent off ...

What was Arteta's excuse for ArseAnal not scoring today... AND Havertz getting away with a blatant RED ?
Whose fault was that then??

Dermot Gallagher...? Clive Thomas...? C3PO? Todd from Neighbours? He-Man? Archbishop of Cunterbury?? Papa Smurf? K-9 from Dr Who...?

fucking blamer!!!!

Last edited:
no-way-arteta-told-this-to-his-players-ft-norwich-0-5-spurs-v0-zuqdt7wrhii91.jpg

Mikel Arteta talks to Sky and – this won’t be a surprise - he’s not happy. “I’m praising my players for their performance and the way we played … we didn’t deserve to lose the match … we lost the match because of the clear and obvious decisions … it’s embarrassing … it’s a disgrace, that’s what it is, a disgrace … we’ve been taking [things up with PGMOL] for many months … there’s so much mistakes … we put so many hours … I’m here to represent the football club and to get my team to compete at the highest level, the margins are so small … it’s a disgrace, it’s embarrassing, that’s how I feel and that’s how everybody feels in that [dressing] room … you cannot imagine the amount of messages we have got that said this cannot continue … it is embarrassing, I’m sorry, embarrassing … it is not acceptable … there is too much at stake … look at the images and, honestly, I don’t know how to feel, I’m wasting my time … we are wasting our time … I don’t want to be in the hands of people … it is difficult enough to compete against a really good team … I praised [my team] for what they do on the pitch but there are other things we cannot control … it effects results, momentum and confidence … the consequences are too big, too, too, too big.”

Food Reaction GIF by Domino’s UK and ROI

Mikel Arteta talks to Sky and – this won’t be a surprise - he’s not happy. “I’m praising my players for their performance and the way we played … we didn’t deserve to lose the match … we lost the match because of the clear and obvious decisions … it’s embarrassing … it’s a disgrace, that’s what it is, a disgrace … we’ve been taking [things up with PGMOL] for many months … there’s so much mistakes … we put so many hours … I’m here to represent the football club and to get my team to compete at the highest level, the margins are so small … it’s a disgrace, it’s embarrassing, that’s how I feel and that’s how everybody feels in that [dressing] room … you cannot imagine the amount of messages we have got that said this cannot continue … it is embarrassing, I’m sorry, embarrassing … it is not acceptable … there is too much at stake … look at the images and, honestly, I don’t know how to feel, I’m wasting my time … we are wasting our time … I don’t want to be in the hands of people … it is difficult enough to compete against a really good team … I praised [my team] for what they do on the pitch but there are other things we cannot control … it effects results, momentum and confidence … the consequences are too big, too, too, too big.”

Complaining at the refs despite them doing him a favour by not sending Havertz off for a potential leg breaker.

You can't make this shit up.

:ange-lol:

It’s why I don’t get it when people don’t want them to lose. He will absolutely lose it if they have a run of defeats and it will end up costing him his job. Can see it coming a mile off.
giphy.webp

Who the hell do you know who doesn't want them to lose?
I suggest you reconsider what company you keep!

Imagine Ange speaking like Arteta just did. We've got a gem.

Also, contrast and compare on the sideline.

Ange: I trust the players to find the correct solutions in game. It's my job to give them the tools in training to do so.

Arteta is doing 10 miles a match going down the sideline, while jumping up and down. He's doing anything short of actual cartwheels. Meanwhile, on 92 minutes today Viera manages a foul throw, and camera cuts to Arteta signaling to calm down and think. Okay Lego boy, but you calm down first.

Happy Feel Good GIF

Again a shockingly poor ref. Could easily have given 2 reds.
The government should intervene and conduct an investigation into the standard of refereeing. It’s a shambles and I’m wary about the ethics of that bald, ex copper bastard at the helm. Always been an arrogant cunt

I luv a good manager rant as much as the next fan.

But Arteta is making zero sense.

It's just a massive meltdown, as incoherent as his embarrassing lightbulb team talks.

A toddler tantrum because Woolwich lost and the ball might or might not have been a centimetre over the line.

Good to see the Corporal Jones panic in his beady eyes though......

Xhaka had a one-off really good season where he outperformed all his metrics and previous seasons. Straight back to 0 goals 0 assists this season for Leverkusen.

Rice is better at every element of the game apart from passing range. He’s a huge upgrade for Woolwich.

What I agree with is that rather than signing that shitebag Havertz, they should’ve gone for a more balanced CM who isn’t useless. Arteta was a fucking idiot for going for him, a vanity project imo.

Rice isn't better in possession particularly going forward, he's very safe and he doesn't move the ball quick enough.

Xhaka's timing of his runs in the box was good as well and that enabled Odegaard to have space as well.

I don't think Rice is a bad signing but expecting him to replace Xhaka is never going to work, it's why their attackers and attacks are now suffering.

Saka, Rice, and Saliba are legitmately world class. Outside of that, the rest of their team is form players at best plus some very weird purchases like Jorginho and Havertz. They aren’t cut out for two games a week.

Ole finished second once as a manager too.

Rice is great but he is like a better Hojbjerg. He is excellent off the ball but average/ok on it, hence why you need Partey and Odegaard in a 3.

Rice and Havertz together is so weird. Why would Arteta play two average on the ball players in the middle.

Last season Partey and Xhaka were outstanding and both are great passers. Jorginho is decent passer but getting on a bit. Their midfield has gone backwards after spending £160m.

Raya is definitely for me THE 'Comedy Keeper'. It works on so many levels

Firstly every gooner I know spent the whole ion last season telling me how brilliant Ramsdale is.
Secondly Arteta has blatantly tried to act how he thinks Pep would act.
Then he has tried to pretend there is still a place in the team for Ramsdale
It doesn't matter how badly Raya plays Arteta will continue to play him to justify himself
We bought a far superior keeper for a lot less
Raya is a dwarf
Raya isn’t actually a dwarf… it’s an optical illusion created by his hunchback

Back
Top Bottom