Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grass was too long for 'em at Man City.

Pep responds:

Guardiola said about the assertion on the Anfield Wrap podcast: “I’m not the greenkeeper. I never did – if they want to play quick, we want to play quicker; always we try to put water [on] but it’s not necessary here because of the weather.

“We want to cut the field all the 10 years [of his career]. It’s better conditions for both teams – when this happens, you do the best for opponents. We have to respect them with the rules. I never speak with the groundsman. I trust the groundsman, I never made a phone call to say do this to damage our opponents.”

Pep Guardiola denies Manchester City left grass long to halt Liverpool
Oh, I love this. We had a German manager once (well, Germanic then), who complained about the length of the grass after an away loss. He was fired after the next match.

Dwficv8XcAAO646.jpg

Getting out of hand now Bobby.

Was dragged to the secret cinema Blade Runner last year, Hoxton maybe, ...turned out to be epic. Converted a warehouse into the set, noodle shops, neon, rain, level of detail was amazing. Well worth it if you get a chance

EDIT: Previous Worlds — Secret Cinema Bond this year meh

Sadly missed that! A friend of mine does all kinds of costume work.. tv and film but mostly cosplay stuff for people. She went along.. didn’t think to ask me did she!

Sadly missed that! A friend of mine does all kinds of costume work.. tv and film but mostly cosplay stuff for people. She went along.. didn’t think to ask me did she!

Went to the Blade Runner one, it was amazing the thought that went into the set design. Going to the Bond one this year as well.

I would actually. ‘Dippers’ is an almost universally understood term when referring to LFC and their fansh, because it’s funny and true.

‘Lolerpool’ is what I’d expect a 9 year old with learning difficulties to come up with. It’s up there with ‘Tottingshit’ and ‘Man Shitty’. It makes me want to start backhanding people
Seeing as the original slack-jawed mouthbreather who came up with the title hasn’t been on for a couple years and can’t answer for his crimes, any chance Admin Admin we can change title to ‘Come here to laugh at Dippers’ or some such pls? I feel like this is my life’s crusade. I demand satisfaction

Seeing as the original slack-jawed mouthbreather who came up with the title hasn’t been on for a couple years and can’t answer for his crimes, any chance Admin Admin we can change title to ‘Come here to laugh at Dippers’ or some such pls? I feel like this is my life’s crusade. I demand satisfaction

Put it to a vote. All those in favour click Agree on this post. 10+ and I'll change it.

Red Victim Cunts! Surely?

Having lived in Chester, I've suffered first hand many a delusional 'our year' pool fan. What struck me the most was that many of my colleagues from Liverpool, who were intelligent, articulate guys working in a corporate environment, would be incapable of an unbias view of how epic Liverpool are.

I was there for 'the slip', which was great. I also remember over hearing a discussion about how much better liverpools front three of Firminho, Coutinho and Sturridge were to Barca's Messi/Neymar and Suarez. It's a strange world they live in.

Having lived in Chester, I've suffered first hand many a delusional 'our year' pool fan. What struck me the most was that many of my colleagues from Liverpool, who were intelligent, articulate guys working in a corporate environment, would be incapable of an unbias view of how epic Liverpool are.

I was there for 'the slip', which was great. I also remember over hearing a discussion about how much better liverpools front three of Firminho, Coutinho and Sturridge were to Barca's Messi/Neymar and Suarez. It's a strange world they live in.

Can echo this.

I met a very switched-on, bright, intelligent and articulate guy a few years ago up in Liverpool. Also very, very knowledgable on all things LFC.

It was at the time when Dalglish had taken over again after fall-guy Roy had been booted out. As it was a business meeting, I thought it best not laugh out loud as he came out with utter bilge about how great things were going to be, etc etc etc.

Shame, as I would have destroyed all of this with:

he left Liverpool in a MESS;
he left Blackburn in a MESS;
he left Newcastle in a MESS;
he left Celtic in a MESS.

(OK, MESS might be overegging, but mainly in a worse state than when took over, and in every case well off a recent peak. Very much cheque book manager with Blackburn - Sutton Shearer etc.)

Bit like OGS at Manure. Hope he gets that gig long term, don;t like the idea of (the non-Manc) Allegri or somesuch taking over.

I fell into that trap when Hoddle took over, but at least there was evidence from Saints, Swindon and even Chavs that he was a very good manager and that the stars had finally aligned. (and even then I thought it was stupid not to wait till the end of the season to boot out Old Raincoat).

Incredible from Plopp. Puts into such sharp focus the difference between Poch and Plopp, NEVER, EVER does Poch talk about injuries as an excuse. Is the pressure beginning to show on the gurner??

Take a step back and now let's take a look at our bench that we had out against Chelsea:
Lloris, Lamela (being closely managed due to injury), Walker-Peters, Skipp, Llorente, Foyth, Davies.
Plopp thinks our bench was full, full squads!!!! Not to mention that Tripps (groin being managed), Eriksen (abdominal being managed), Sanchez (hammy, being managed), Rose (knee, groin general fitness being managed), Dele (only just back from hammy issues).

STILL INJURED
Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Dier, Lucas,

What. A. Twat!

Incredible from Plopp. Puts into such sharp focus the difference between Poch and Plopp, NEVER, EVER does Poch talk about injuries as an excuse. Is the pressure beginning to show on the gurner??

Take a step back and now let's take a look at our bench that we had out against Chelsea:
Lloris, Lamela (being closely managed due to injury), Walker-Peters, Skipp, Llorente, Foyth, Davies.
Plopp thinks our bench was full, full squads!!!! Not to mention that Tripps (groin being managed), Eriksen (abdominal being managed), Sanchez (hammy, being managed), Rose (knee, groin general fitness being managed), Dele (only just back from hammy issues).

STILL INJURED
Vertonghen, Wanyama, Dembele, Dier, Lucas,

What. A. Twat!

I almost fell out my chair when I read that. His starting XI has almost had no injuries outside of Gomez. I think Poch had to pull someone out of the crowd just to get 7 on our bench at one point. And we are in both domestic cup competitions, too, so we are playing a lot more matches.

Already making excuses...this bottle job is looking more likely by the day.

Back
Top Bottom