Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The most Machiavellian aspect of this: How do you get the ESL over the hump? Get the most expensive collection of talent on Earth kicked out of the football league so that they have to start their own competition.

The only reason the ESL collapsed was the doping clubs, Chelsea and City, caving because to them it really didn't matter - ESL or no, they spend what they want and buy trophies. In fact, the ESL likely works to reduce their advantage and create an NFL style financial framework that instills much more parity. Well, Chelsea are now owned by like-minded investment bankers. The Saudis, who have already dumped billions into creating a golf version of ESL, are now in at Newcastle. ENIC, the Glazers, John Henry, and Kroenke want the ESL. Ditto for Madrid, Barca, and PSG. Juve 100% on board after their recent shit. The Milan clubs need money.
Only problem is that the Premier League who would be damaged by it are the ones going after City does not mean it won’t happen though

Fuck the cunts.

Whilst Rugby League is a much smaller example, we had the case of the Melbourne Storm having been caught rorting the "salary cap " , here in Oz. It was 2010.

After a lengthy investigation, The NRL punished the cunts appropriately.

1. They were stripped of their premiership titles for the 2 years they won it whilst under breach.
2. They were stripped of their Minor Premiership titles ( team finishing first but Not winning the Grand Final ), for the same reasons.
3. Deducted points during the season.
4. Paid a hefty 7 figure fine.
5. Ordered to cut their cap for the next season.

There was uproar, but at the end of the day the decisions where upheld. Mind you the dollar amounts here are not in the same galaxy as what the EPL is.

Since then, whilst there have been breaches, nothing to the extent of the Storm.

Penalties matter.

I think this is about integrity. If the EPL have any bollocks at all they will hit city hard. If it all collapses and city are given just a fine then the rest of the clubs could always refuse to play them. Then the EPL would have to do something

The bolded bit is where I take my stance on Pep. He didn't assemble the Barca team, it was given to him. A squad that was 1/2 the World Cup champions plus the greatest player on Earth.

I don't think he's shit, but his reputation is vastly inflated. The Barca team was a gift, and since then he's been managing with a chequebook far larger than anyone he competes with and, as you say, he's never gotten it done in the CL.

It's also straining credulity for some to claim his success at Barca came with pups he developed from the academy when they employed players such as Henry (spit), Zlatan, Eto'o, Touré, and Mascherano during that time. Barca bought a lot of expensive players for Pep.

I’m sorry but this is complete bollocks. Although hugely successful with some of the best talent in the world, Barca were in decline leading up to Rijkaard’s departure leaving Pep to have a major clear out.

Pep had the balls to sell most of their star players including Yaya, Deco, Eto’o and Ronaldinho and rebuild the team from scratch. Pep’s Barca was even better which was an incredible achievement seeing as Rijkaard’s Barca already played some of the best football I’d ever seen.

Also Spain won the World Cup two years after Pep was appointed so how the fuck he inherited the winners I do not know. It’s more a testament to how he creates winners if you ask me.

Edit: you’re right, he did inherit the greatest player on Earth (at the time) - Ronaldinho - and perplexingly to everyone other than himself and his belief in his project, sold him. The other guy, admittedly already a huge talent, Messi, then went from strength to strength under Pep’s tenure. Getting rid of Ronaldinho* turned out to be a master stroke.

* I feel a bit for Ronaldinho, would’ve easily been the GOAT had he managed to maintain his career and not become a party animal. What in incredible player to watch.

Last edited:
fair enough haven't come across that level of fees in my short career. £400k for a week in court seems a bit of a stretch to me but I guess top commercial silks can garner that.
I have come across £2k per hour for opinions, meetings etc but not on that level. Usually for court it is done per day or week not hour, so I don't quite agree with the article's assessment.

Edit: Just saw another source at £20k per day.

It won’t be that much but even if it was close it would be worth it if they avoid the most stringent punishments.

Fuck the cunts.

Whilst Rugby League is a much smaller example, we had the case of the Melbourne Storm having been caught rorting the "salary cap " , here in Oz. It was 2010.

After a lengthy investigation, The NRL punished the cunts appropriately.

1. They were stripped of their premiership titles for the 2 years they won it whilst under breach.
2. They were stripped of their Minor Premiership titles ( team finishing first but Not winning the Grand Final ), for the same reasons.
3. Deducted points during the season.
4. Paid a hefty 7 figure fine.
5. Ordered to cut their cap for the next season.

There was uproar, but at the end of the day the decisions where upheld. Mind you the dollar amounts here are not in the same galaxy as what the EPL is.

Since then, whilst there have been breaches, nothing to the extent of the Storm.

Penalties matter.

I think that’s why they’ll push for the harshest punishment. They need to show the Newcastle owners they can’t do the same thing and get away with it and now the governance will be stronger. Same goes for anyone buying or investing in us, Man U or Liverpool. We’ll welcome you in but you have to play by our rules. It’s how they should have been operating from the start. But better late than never.

Maybe given the cheating has occurred over multiple seasons, the punishment should too.

Take 30 points off the for the next 7 years. Multiple years of on field unfair advantage should result in multiple years of on field punishment.

Pep had the balls to sell most of their star players including Yaya, Deco, Eto’o and Ronaldinho and rebuild the team from scratch. Pep’s Barca was even better which was an incredible achievement seeing as Rijkaard’s Barca already played some of the best football I’d ever seen.
Yaya, Eto'o etc. won a Champions League under Pep.

Besides, the Eto'o sale/trade for Ibra is the single worst trade Pep has ever made. Why is he getting praised for it? It was so bad that he was forced to start a certain academy player called Pedro, and he got lucky that Pedro was incredible and paired up so well with Messi and David Villa. Speaking of Villa, he was an absolute menace at Valencia, so I wouldn't call him exactly a discovery. He got rid of an unmotivated Dinho and got in peak David Villa. If anything, that's more on Laporta than on Pep.

Head to head, Klopp has shaded him, just. With vastly less funds. Klopp has managed rings around him in 2 countries.

He's spent more money than any manager in football history, and I'd wager he's more than tripled his nearest rival in that regard. His trophies mean the square root of fuck all.

Is that what running rings round someone means? You slightly shade head to head games but lose all but one of the leagues? Interesting.

& no other manager would've been able to implement such good football, or be so dominant with those same resources. You acting like its easy is bizarre because City didn't do it before him (or even come close to it). Before he'd arrived they had 2 PL titles, now they have 6.

Klopp's had less funds btw but a better starting XI most of the time at Liverpool, because FSG signed incredibly well .. that's how the cookie crumbles.

Compare Klopp's spend to Pep's then take into account that he lost by one point on two occasions. Losing by a point comes down to bad luck, not due to Pep being better.

Klopp was also able to win a champions league without needing the 3 greatest players to ever live.

I don't feel the need to .. spending is massive in football but sometimes teams manage to assemble amazing sides with less spending. Klopp isn't responsible for transfers at Liverpool. The starting XI Liverpool have been able to put out most of the time over the past 3-4 years is better than City's ... they just have worse depth.

Pep's got a blind spot when it comes to the CL, no disagreements there. But Fergie's record there was crap too.

Klopp's had less funds btw but a better starting XI most of the time at Liverpool, because FSG signed incredibly well .. that's how the cookie crumbles.
Klopp didn't have a better starting XI... He had a guy that was a winger in the academy and turned him into a RB, a failed Schalke CB, a LB who got relegated with Hull, a CM who got relegated with Newcastle and was not showing anything compared to the hype he had as a teenager, Henderson, a Chelsea flop (that wasn't his signing, I do agree. According to rumours that was all Edwards, Klopp wanted Gotze and Reus) etc. Even when both were on their peak (2019), you'd argue City's starting XI and squad were better than Liverpool's name by name.

Klopp didn't have a better starting XI... He had a guy that was a winger in the academy and turned him into a RB, a failed Schalke CB, a LB who got relegated with Hull, a CM who got relegated with Newcastle and was not showing anything compared to the hype he had as a teenager, Henderson, a Chelsea flop (that wasn't his signing, I do agree. According to rumours that was all Edwards, Klopp wanted Gotze and Reus) etc. Even when both were on their peak (2019), you'd argue City's starting XI and squad were better than Liverpool's name by name.

From the last 3-4 years Alisson, TAA, Robertson, Salah, Mane, VVD & arguably Fabinho all start for City. No matter where they came from or previous rep, they're better players. You can say Klopp developed them and that's fair, but they're all brilliant footballers.

Klopp's had some brilliant footballers to work with, FSG were ridiculously successful in the transfer market for a while. He's had a couple of world class wide players, the best CB & keeper in the world and the best fullbacks.

From the last 3-4 years Alisson, TAA, Robertson, Salah, Mane, VVD & arguably Fabinho all start for City. No matter where they came from or previous rep, they're better players. You can say Klopp developed them and that's fair, but they're all brilliant footballers.

Klopp's had some brilliant footballers to work with, FSG were ridiculously successful in the transfer market for a while. He's had a couple of world class wide players, the best CB & keeper in the world and the best fullbacks.
Klopp made that side, just like Poch made our side (I'd argue Poch should've gotten more out of it, but that's another topic). I didn't mention Alisson, VVD and Mane because they were ready-made footballers who everyone knew that were going to be successful, even if in VVD's case people said that Liverpool vastly overpaid even though they had to since City and Utd also wanted to sign him at the time.

Fabinho was not as good as Fernandinho and Rodri later.

My point is, Guardiola at Liverpool in 2015 would've  never made it work, while Klopp at City in 2016 would.

Klopp made that side, just like Poch made our side (I'd argue Poch should've gotten more out of it, but that's another topic). I didn't mention Alisson, VVD and Mane because they were ready-made footballers who everyone knew that were going to be successful, even if in VVD's case people said that Liverpool vastly overpaid even though they had to since City and Utd also wanted to sign him at the time.

Fabinho was not as good as Fernandinho and Rodri later.

My point is, Guardiola at Liverpool in 2015 would've  never made it work, while Klopp at City in 2016 would.

Klopp wouldn't have produced the level of football or consistency in terms of titles than Pep has at City either.

Klopp had lots of ready made, excellent footballers come in to the team. He developed Trent but he didn't train him to be one of the best set piece takers or crossers of the ball in the world.

You also can't say what Pep would or wouldn't make work. He goes to top clubs with top budgets because he's the most sought after manager in the world, he doesn't need to go to projects. I have no doubt that he'd do very well with a lesser budget because he's a wonderful coach. That shows very clearly in his teams.

Truly toe-curlingly embarrassing levels from this lot.

The regime is not the Club, just take a step back and take the fake kaffiyeh off your heads, support your football club and castigate your owners. It's not hard to do for fuck sake.

Truly toe-curlingly embarrassing levels from this lot.

The regime is not the Club, just take a step back and take the fake kaffiyeh off your heads, support your football club and castigate your owners. It's not hard to do for fuck sake.

They can't at this point. The owners are synonymous with the foothall club. If they lose this case then they're bringing the club down with them, the fans know that. After all the titles and great football very few are going to want to go back to being shit.

Their whole recent identity has been around 'all the traditional big clubs hate us and they will do anything to birng us down, we're the good guys' so it doesn't surprise me that they're going even deeper with that.

Or relegate them for that period and not let them back in so they can’t benefit financially at all?
I don't know, Minus 30 a season for 7 seasons could see 7 consecutive relgations. I mean, even with all the money in the world no seriously ambitious footballer is going to want to join a club starting in a relegation scrap for every single season they stay.

They can't at this point. The owners are synonymous with the foothall club. If they lose this case then they're bringing the club down with them, the fans know that. After all the titles and great football very few are going to want to go back to being shit.

Their whole recent identity has been around 'all the traditional big clubs hate us and they will do anything to birng us down, we're the good guys' so it doesn't surprise me that they're going even deeper with that.
The thing is they will still have the memories even if titles are taken away from them, it's not like you can erase Aguero's goal, it still happened, and they still cheered in disbelief when it went in. Being ahead of Utd for a decade and more, thrashing them at Old Trafford happened, Utd having to remove their banner that counted the day's City last won a trophy, this happened.

I just can't get my head around fans these days who can't separate ownership from "the Club", they aren't the Club, they are the custodians. Some are good, most are bad, some are bent and others are inept but they all have one thing in common, the Club was around before them and most of the time the Club will be around after they've gone.

Back
Top Bottom