Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with the city fan, Pablo Escobar shouldnt have been investigated either because that would mean that you want to send in bulldozers to flatten all the houses and infrastructure that he built in Medellin.
And ironically infrastructure spending is not covered by FFP. They can rebuild the whole of the moss side if the so wish.

Yeah, he built a bunch of nobodies scouted from all over the world in Barca's massive fucking academy which happened to include, likely, the greatest footballer in the history of the sport, into a trophy winning squad. It's all thanks to Pep! Legendary manager.

:pochshock:

Enjoy the kool-aid.

Pochettino made Danny Rose one of the best LBs in the world, Kyle Walker the most expensive RB in English history, Dele Alli one of the most coveted attackers in Europe, and Eric fucking Dier an England international midfielder.

:pochsmirk:
Did you actually watch Barcelona play at the time? I feel like if you had you wouldn't be questioning Pep's ability as a manager lol. They were fucking invincible, to this day it's the most talented squad of players I've ever seen assembled, including any of the RM teams that've been dominating the CL the last 5 years. It's fine to hate the prick, I fucking hate Tuchel and Klopp too, but to deny any of them are great managers is just a bit silly tbh. Yes, he's had resources everywhere he went, but he also brought us that fucking team with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Villa, Messi, and they were just so fucking entertaining to watch. His City are like watching paint dry by comparison, he has gone too far in terms of prioritising possession, or maybe it's just that that Barca team had such incisive passers and explosive forwards they were more fluid and direct than his City team. I don't really give him props for anything post-Barca because as you say when you have an unlimited bank balance you can do whatever, it's kind of telling he can't win the CL with City and without peak Messi, but still, he assembled comfortably the greatest team of the 21st century, think he's a good manager, regardless of how I feel about him.

I don’t think Peps legacy is that controversial. We all know he is probably the best checkbook manager of all time. Give every manager unlimited resources and he will probably perform the best. City didn’t spend that much more than United and pep significantly outperformed them.

But if he had to manage spurs or Liverpool, he likely would not be as successful.
The sparcity of CL wins will follow him around as well

Did you actually watch Barcelona play at the time? I feel like if you had you wouldn't be questioning Pep's ability as a manager lol. They were fucking invincible, to this day it's the most talented squad of players I've ever seen assembled, including any of the RM teams that've been dominating the CL the last 5 years. It's fine to hate the prick, I fucking hate Tuchel and Klopp too, but to deny any of them are great managers is just a bit silly tbh. Yes, he's had resources everywhere he went, but he also brought us that fucking team with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Villa, Messi, and they were just so fucking entertaining to watch. His City are like watching paint dry by comparison, he has gone too far in terms of prioritising possession, or maybe it's just that that Barca team had such incisive passers and explosive forwards they were more fluid and direct than his City team. I don't really give him props for anything post-Barca because as you say when you have an unlimited bank balance you can do whatever, it's kind of telling he can't win the CL with City and without peak Messi, but still, he assembled comfortably the greatest team of the 21st century, think he's a good manager, regardless of how I feel about him.
Eh? The likes of Messi, Iniesta, and Xavi were at Barca long before peanut head took over.

Rijkaard built that team.

If they really are serious about enforcing FFP then any fine handed out should effect the amount they can spend for the next 14 years.
Fixed that for you mate. Their shenanigans have gone on for 14 years. They can have an equal time of punishment as far as I'm concerned.

that barca side was the best the world has ever seen. his bayern side was probably the strongest in europe too but he couldnt get them over the line for a CL, same now with city. his lack of CL titles are a stain on his reputation even though hes built 3 of the best sides the worlds ever seen.

this city thing is going to damage his legacy a bit though, its even worse that while they was cheating he still couldnt even get them a CL lol.

be interesting to see where he goes from here. looks like xavi has barcelona finally ticking.

In our lifetimes these filthy clubs will always have their money. So it can only be the court of public opinion that will affect them. No amount of Sports washing will cover the extreme ridicule we all should be directing their way.

No away fan, who cares, should ever set foot in their club. When they rock up at our place the protests should be Super League levels of disrespect.

And the media shills need to be held to account too. Fucking Sky, for example, they cannot get through a game these days without some “good” cause being part of their Behavioural science. Yet funnily don’t object about these doping clubs. Money taking there.

The bolded bit is where I take my stance on Pep. He didn't assemble the Barca team, it was given to him. A squad that was 1/2 the World Cup champions plus the greatest player on Earth.

I don't think he's shit, but his reputation is vastly inflated. The Barca team was a gift, and since then he's been managing with a chequebook far larger than anyone he competes with and, as you say, he's never gotten it done in the CL.

It's also straining credulity for some to claim his success at Barca came with pups he developed from the academy when they employed players such as Henry (spit), Zlatan, Eto'o, Touré, and Mascherano during that time. Barca bought a lot of expensive players for Pep.

Article says up to £400k a week.
fair enough haven't come across that level of fees in my short career. £400k for a week in court seems a bit of a stretch to me but I guess top commercial silks can garner that.
I have come across £2k per hour for opinions, meetings etc but not on that level. Usually for court it is done per day or week not hour, so I don't quite agree with the article's assessment.

Edit: Just saw another source at £20k per day.

The foremost testament to the scale of Pep's achievements I can imagine is that the case against him has to describe a two-time champion of the competition as someone who has "never gotten it done in the CL"
Ok, let's rephrase it then.

Since leaving Barca where he was abke to coach the greatest player in the history of the sport, 1/2 of the reigning World Cup champions, and a handful of the greatest players of their era, Pep has only managed to win:

The Bundesliga and German Cup with the club that has won said titles 16 of 22 and 11 of 22, respectively, this century.

The Premier League (x4) and the FA Cup (x1) with a club that has spent £1B in the past decade.

Doesn't matter how you slice it, he was given a cake job to start his career and parlayed it into being a less successful version of Mourinho.

Back
Top Bottom