Come here to laugh at Citeh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In our lifetimes these filthy clubs will always have their money. So it can only be the court of public opinion that will affect them. No amount of Sports washing will cover the extreme ridicule we all should be directing their way.

Extreme ridicule?

Dunno if you've noticed, but over the years, plenty here have never been able to muster anything beyond envy or at best a hypocritical jibe?

Presumably the outside world isn't much different.

No away fan, who cares, should ever set foot in their club. When they rock up at our place the protests should be Super League levels of disrespect.

Could (should?) have been going on for years.... Don't see why the EPL ending 14 years of selective ignorance ought make any difference.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how you slice it, he was given a cake job to start his career and parlayed it into being a less successful version of Mourinho.
Well yeah, I guess the question is how highly rated are we talking here?

Pep's career isn't over (and I suppose Jose's isn't either) but in the fullness of their accomplishments to date Jose > Pep

But I'd argue Fergie's #1 of the modern era and Jose's #2.

But if the question is who is the greatest manager in the world at this very moment in time? Pep has a pretty strong argument there, and an even stronger argument a few years ago.

Them being relegated and losing all their PL titles would be a fitting punishment for the most financially doped club in football history.

Simply say to any Man City fan that before their current owners, they were finishing 9th in the Premier League and had Mark Hughes as their manager, literally less than a year later they were signing Robinho.

Adam Lewis KC for the league is an extremely accomplished lawyer too. In fact all the lawyers involved will be first class. Wish I could be there for the trial.

Anyone who doesn't rate Pep should pick a different sport. No other City coach has come close to achieving what he has, they've been up against a Liverpool side who have been a top 3 team in Europe for years and yet they've still bullied the league. I don't see how you could watch City play for any extended period in the last few years and not see that they're ridiculously well coached and not just riding off the back of talent.

Regardless of sanctions/punishments, City will fall off when he goes. They'll still have great players and will win stuff (as they did under Mancini) but they'll be a lot more individual moments reliant .. as they were under Mancini, who is a good coach, just not one of his era's greatest managerial influences like Pep is.

BLUEMOON POSTER::pochshock:

" I think i'm beginning to see the sub plot to all this. We got the five wanker clubs who want us kicked out.

Am i right in saying all american owned, apart from spurs? I mean fuckin spurs, are they the kid at the back of the fight bouncing up and down screaming come on? That made me laugh.

Not one person in the media has joined the dots together with these cunts. They have called this on. 100%. Americans hating muslims, it's in their DNA.

I really hope we bring everyone down if we get shafted.

People living in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones. "
what a dick that guy is

Well yeah, I guess the question is how highly rated are we talking here?

Pep's career isn't over (and I suppose Jose's isn't either) but in the fullness of their accomplishments to date Jose > Pep

But I'd argue Fergie's #1 of the modern era and Jose's #2.

But if the question is who is the greatest manager in the world at this very moment in time? Pep has a pretty strong argument there, and an even stronger argument a few years ago.
Pep isn't even the best manager north of Birmingham. Klopp has bettered him with vastly less money in two different countries.

He can't even beat little old Tottenham in N17. Fraudiola.

Yes, yes finally someone is getting it!

OH FOR FUCKS SAKE

The correct version of this take, is that all of the other Big Six franchises (which is what they are in the eyes of ALL of their owners) are significantly more valuable under a framework in which Abu Dhabi and Saudia Arabia's deeper pockets and greater willingness to absorb medium-term operating losses is constrained and punished.

They are here to turn European football into the NFL, because there are unimaginable riches to be extracted from the global audience if they can commandeer the governance structures of the game to pull it off and make the sport a franchise-model closed shop.

Don't let them do it. The NFL is awful. Go Bears.
The most Machiavellian aspect of this: How do you get the ESL over the hump? Get the most expensive collection of talent on Earth kicked out of the football league so that they have to start their own competition.

The only reason the ESL collapsed was the doping clubs, Chelsea and City, caving because to them it really didn't matter - ESL or no, they spend what they want and buy trophies. In fact, the ESL likely works to reduce their advantage and create an NFL style financial framework that instills much more parity. Well, Chelsea are now owned by like-minded investment bankers. The Saudis, who have already dumped billions into creating a golf version of ESL, are now in at Newcastle. ENIC, the Glazers, John Henry, and Kroenke want the ESL. Ditto for Madrid, Barca, and PSG. Juve 100% on board after their recent shit. The Milan clubs need money.

Pep isn't even the best manager north of Birmingham. Klopp has bettered him with vastly less money in two different countries.

He can't even beat little old Tottenham in N17. Fraudiola.

He's won the 3rd most trophies in managerial history and will be far ahead in first place on that list when he retires.

And Klopp hasn't bettered him ... he's one a single league title against Guardiola. One. Uno.

Nobody in the grand scheme of things gives a fuck that Pep has a bit of a blind spot against us .. it means absolutely nothing when they're romping home to league titles almost every season.

He's won the 3rd most trophies in managerial history and will be far ahead in first place on that list when he retires.

And Klopp hasn't bettered him ... he's one a single league title against Guardiola. One. Uno.

Nobody in the grand scheme of things gives a fuck that Pep has a bit of a blind spot against us .. it means absolutely nothing when they're romping home to league titles almost every season.
Head to head, Klopp has shaded him, just. With vastly less funds. Klopp has managed rings around him in 2 countries.

He's spent more money than any manager in football history, and I'd wager he's more than tripled his nearest rival in that regard. His trophies mean the square root of fuck all.

Yeah, he built a bunch of nobodies scouted from all over the world in Barca's massive fucking academy which happened to include, likely, the greatest footballer in the history of the sport, into a trophy winning squad. It's all thanks to Pep! Legendary manager.

:pochshock:

Enjoy the kool-aid.

Pochettino made Danny Rose one of the best LBs in the world, Kyle Walker the most expensive RB in English history, Dele Alli one of the most coveted attackers in Europe, and Eric fucking Dier an England international midfielder.

:pochsmirk:
Not to mention that the MSN Barça under Luis Enrique was even stronger than Pep's.

But yeah, all hail King Pep! :pochhail:

Anyone who doesn't rate Pep should pick a different sport. No other City coach has come close to achieving what he has, they've been up against a Liverpool side who have been a top 3 team in Europe for years and yet they've still bullied the league. I don't see how you could watch City play for any extended period in the last few years and not see that they're ridiculously well coached and not just riding off the back of talent.

Regardless of sanctions/punishments, City will fall off when he goes. They'll still have great players and will win stuff (as they did under Mancini) but they'll be a lot more individual moments reliant .. as they were under Mancini, who is a good coach, just not one of his era's greatest managerial influences like Pep is.
They've not bullied Liverpool, they've won the title twice by one point.

It's much harder to build what Klopp has at Liverpool, than what Pep has at City.

Pep's failures in the Champions League will always haunt him. Apart from a Barça side that he took over 2 years after they were crowned Champions of Europe, and got blessed with the joint best player to ever live and possibly the best midfield duo ever, he's failed every year. He destroyed the identity of Bayern, a Bayern which were the undisputed best under Jupp, and at City he got utterly out-coached by Klopp, Poch and Tuchel, while shooting himself in the foot in other scenarios such as against OL and Real Madrid.

Pep is a brilliant manager, but his idealism and inflexibility of how football should be played takes him down a notch compared to the likes of Mourinho, Klopp, Ancelotti and even Cholo.

Compare Klopp's spend to Pep's then take into account that he lost by one point on two occasions. Losing by a point comes down to bad luck, not due to Pep being better.

Klopp was also able to win a champions league without needing the 3 greatest players to ever live.

Did you actually watch Barcelona play at the time? I feel like if you had you wouldn't be questioning Pep's ability as a manager lol. They were fucking invincible, to this day it's the most talented squad of players I've ever seen assembled, including any of the RM teams that've been dominating the CL the last 5 years. It's fine to hate the prick, I fucking hate Tuchel and Klopp too, but to deny any of them are great managers is just a bit silly tbh. Yes, he's had resources everywhere he went, but he also brought us that fucking team with Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Villa, Messi, and they were just so fucking entertaining to watch. His City are like watching paint dry by comparison, he has gone too far in terms of prioritising possession, or maybe it's just that that Barca team had such incisive passers and explosive forwards they were more fluid and direct than his City team. I don't really give him props for anything post-Barca because as you say when you have an unlimited bank balance you can do whatever, it's kind of telling he can't win the CL with City and without peak Messi, but still, he assembled comfortably the greatest team of the 21st century, think he's a good manager, regardless of how I feel about him.
Not being funny, idk why anyone would actually have a real football debate w an American when most of them didn’t know what the sport was (besides being vaguely aware of the WC) until very recently, like Leicester winning the league levels of recent.

And even then I’d argue it took a few more years of seeing us all talk constantly about it on social media (you know how Americans hate to feel left out on social media), as well as football matches literally being one of the more interesting things you can watch in the morning over there as opposed to shows like Uninterrupted and First Take (think SSN with little/no integrity or a TV version of TalkSport with even more emphasis on being WUMs) to even get any real traction at all, and it’s still v much a niche thing over there, as they all only really care about their beloved handegg. You may as well just ask a 10 year old what they think, they’ve been watching the sport for roughly the same amount of time.

Back
Top Bottom