Colchester United v Tottenham Hotspur (24-09-19) (7.45pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lack luster performance and a least one penalty taken by someone who doesn't look like he gives a shit.
Didn't watch the post match interviews,but a fella(spurs) at work reckons Poch admitted there's a split in the camp.Is this true?

Lack luster performance and a least one penalty taken by someone who doesn't look like he gives a shit.
Didn't watch the post match interviews,but a fella(spurs) at work reckons Poch admitted there's a split in the camp.Is this true?
"When you have an unsettled squad always it's difficult and you lose time, then you need time to recover the time you lose," added the Argentine.
"That's where we are. Maybe our performances are good but you need this extra, which is mental, connection. It's energy to be all together, not to have different agendas in the squad.
"We are in a period where it's a bit tough for us, but we keep working to find a solution.
"When this type of thing happens it's about staying clear and fresh and calm. We're trying to find solutions and we only need time."

Looking to hand in my resignation anyway..

So when my cunty smug cunt line manager (Liverpool fan from Tiptree) opens with

“What happened last night”

I’ll be in a great position to leave the company approximately 10 seconds after that comment

Enjoy.... :)

I totally agree but from this years standards we are way off a PL or CL trophy. Players shouldn't care what trophy it is, look at Man City, they have won the league cup 4 times in 6 years.... and it wouldn't be a bad bet them winning it this year, they don't look bored of winning it. It is about building a winning mentality within the squad, no matter who you are playing which then gives you confidence in other games. All of them players last night have everything to prove to Poch and should be fighting for a regular first team spot, not strolling around like they can't be bothered or 'i'm too good to be playing Colchester'. Embarrassment.
I hate "if onlys"..........but if only we had won the League Cup against Chavs in Poch's 1st (or was it 2nd?) season, we may be singing a different tune.

If we’d bought Messi and Ronaldo last year does anyone think they would have played tonight?
Poch put out a team that should have won easily, they didn’t and I’ve no idea why, I suspect Poch doesn’t either!
Backlash on Saturday, I expect a comfy 3-points

Last night was the time for a backlash. We should have put them to the sword. There isn't a single excuse.
We had a squad of 18 and 14 of them hold full international caps. Our starting line up included 7 full internationally capped players. If they couldn't motivate themselves sufficiently to beat a Colchester team that had a West Ham reject up top then every single one of them needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

I believe this is one of those situations where the team should be refunding the fans who made the effort to go and support them. The whole team were an embarrassment to themselves and the club they are supposed to represent to the best of their ability.

Once again, well done to the fans who went for doing everything they could to keep the team going. An excellent showing last night. If only the players/management team could have shown the same spirit I'm pretty sure that the result would have been different last night.

Argh still no punches but wow what gobshite.. he saw the 2 minute highlights and trying to tell me spurs looked flat.
I was sat in the feckin Colchester End ( to the left of our fans.. how good was that Park Lane, Shelf Side chant ) and saw the entire shitshow.. please do not tell me your thoughts on said shitshow!

Best fucking win against Southampton. If not, serious questions need to be asked.

Absolutely pathetic. The players should be embarrassed getting knocked out a league 2 side and pay for all the fans travel and tickets who went last night.

Alli in particular needs to take a long hard look at himself, totally swallowed all the hype but in reality we've not seen that hunger or desire for a long, long time. The ability of sanchez, skipp, KWP is championship at best, League 2 on last night's form.

Naaaa, mate, KWP was the only dynamic player last night IMO (along with Moura in patches and Son once on the pitch). Thought KWP was really good second half.

Poch on why it is tough
It is because we have the experience in football and the feelings in pre-season I told you. Now it’s about arriving in a difficult situation and we need to recover the time we lost in pre-season. Maybe our performances are good, but it’s about having a different agenda and we need to build that togetherness.

What the fuck is he talking about? what time did we lose in pre-season Poch?

Why do all your teams start every season so fucking slow Poch?

Did you know that excuses are like Arseholes Poch? Everybody has one....
Its a dig at levy for leaving it late getting deals done.

"We need time again to build that togetherness that you need when you are competing at this level,"

We were playing a league two side no??

Naaaa, mate, KWP was the only dynamic player last night IMO (along with Moura in patches and Son once on the pitch). Thought KWP was really good second half.

Really?! ?!

He was so slow??! Did everything at walking pace and slowed down when he got near the box giving them acres of time to get 8 men behind the ball! Then his delivery was shit! Even the shot that hit the post was supposed to be a cross!!

The full backs are imperative to how we play too often then got the ball in space and pulled a trippier! Put their Foot on the ball to stop it still, look forward, then turn abound and pass it back to the cbs

Infuriating.

*just to note I’m not solely blaming KWP/Davies just pointing out how they affect our play

Back
Top Bottom