Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still gutted to be honest. A big part of who's responsible for some of my favourite recent Spurs memories leaving in a cloud.

He long since left us, hasn’t been the same for 18 months at least. Was only in the team in what seemed like past history not performance.

At least now we can move on.

I'm still gutted to be honest. A big part of who's responsible for some of my favourite recent Spurs memories leaving in a cloud.

I find it impossible to be gutted about this after the last 18 months, just relieved that it's finally over and both parties can move on. Was way more sad when players like Berbatov, Modric, Bale and van der Vaart left

I find it impossible to be gutted about this after the last 18 months, just relieved that it's finally over and both parties can move on. Was way more sad when players like Modric, Bale and van der Vaart left

He almost reached Berba level for me

Glad he’s gone

I don’t understand how anyone can claim to be gutted about a guy who hasn’t tried for 18 months leaving the club? Unless you have a fondness for stray passes and over-hit through balls I guess. Sess will be relieved anyway.

17 goals in 25 matches for us this season for Kane when he's not on top form yet I have to read that Eriksen is our best player :roflmao: :roflmao:

Well this being a forum for stats ppl I'm sure someone will be able to find the ones showing that Kane was better prior the '18 WC. Half of those goals are probably penalties so he's not that impressive anymore. So our best player is the one who scores the most? That seems to favour the strikers

I don’t understand how anyone can claim to be gutted about a guy who hasn’t tried for 18 months leaving the club? Unless you have a fondness for stray passes and over-hit through balls I guess. Sess will be relieved anyway.

For me it's the nostalgia, some of my best Spurs memories came during the period when he was at the heart of our team. I can't excuse his recent form but I can see past that to a time when he was the fucking tits for us.

Well this being a forum for stats ppl I'm sure someone will be able to find the ones showing that Kane was better prior the '18 WC. Half of those goals are probably penalties so he's not that impressive anymore. So our best player is the one who scores the most? That seems to favour the strikers

Yes whoever scores the most goals is the best player in the world. Of course not, where the fuck did I say that? 17 in 25 is a very good rate for a striker, would put him in the top 5 or 10% of strikers for sure and this is him on a bad season.

It's funny you try to downplay Kane's goals as penalties when nobody mentions how many of Eriksen's goals and assists come from set pieces. Just think about how many set pieces this guy has taken over 250 games or whatever, would be well over 2000. Even if he/we are only converting 2% then you can take 40 goals/assists off his tally.

Stats are fucking pointless. On Saturday it went down in the history books as Son goal, Lamela assist but without GLC there's never even a chance. Yes Kane was better prior to the WC but he's gone from top 3 in the world in his position to maybe top 10% this season. Eriksen has gone from top whatever to pretty much bottom 20%. The contrast in the decline of the two this season compared to previous is so different it's not even comparable.

If Kane had 6 months left on his contract he certainly wouldn't be going to Inter Milan.

For me it's the nostalgia, some of my best Spurs memories came during the period when he was at the heart of our team. I can't excuse his recent form but I can see past that to a time when he was the fucking tits for us.

As someone born in 91 my nostalgia comes from Woodgate's header, Crouchy's goals vs City and Milan, Bale's demolition of Inter x 2, Moura's hat-trick, Kaboul's header, just to name a few. I get that Eriksen has been the main part of a good team but with him we've won nothing and he certainly hasn't performed on the biggest of stage.

Which goals/assists of his bring you nostalgia? Genuine question.

INT. CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN'S OPEN PLAN KITCHEN/LIVING ROOM - DAY

CHRISTIAN ERIKSEN has 4 friends over to watch the big match. He is slowly mooching around the kitchen not doing anything productive. The friends are sat at the breakfast bar in a row.

FRIEND 2: Hey Chris, got any snacks?

All the friends agree and look hungry.

ERIKSEN: Sure, try these and pass them down.

ERIKSEN holds up a packet of Corners crisps then passes them to FRIEND 1. ERIKSEN goes back to being busy doing fuck all.

After a few seconds.

FRIEND 4: Hey Chris, what happened to those snacks?

ERIKSEN, FRIEND 2, FRIEND 3 and FRIEND 4 all look around confused before looking at FRIEND 1 who is enjoying the snacks to himself.

FRIEND 3: Hey! They didn't make it past the first man!

Close up of ERIKSEN.

ERIKSEN: Story of my life.

ERIKSEN smile and wink to camera.

ERIKSEN then goes to make a grab for the snacks but pulls out at the last minute.

Product Shot with VOICE OVER

VOICE OVER: Corners. Too good to share.

Cut back to ERIKSEN in his bedroom. In the background a woman is in bed with a man wearing a Jan Vertonghen Spurts shirt. The name and number are visible on the back while they have elaborate Belgian sex.

ERIKSEN: I wish I could say the same about my wife.

End.
He dont have any friends....

As someone born in 91 my nostalgia comes from Woodgate's header, Crouchy's goals vs City and Milan, Bale's demolition of Inter x 2, Moura's hat-trick, Kaboul's header, just to name a few. I get that Eriksen has been the main part of a good team but with him we've won nothing and he certainly hasn't performed on the biggest of stage.

Which goals/assists of his bring you nostalgia? Genuine question.

Yes they're all memories of mine too, but how much have we won in recent years anyway? Most of those memories you've listed haven't resulted in a trophy, doesn't make it any less worthwhile to you though.

For me it's not about his goals or assists (hence why I never mentioned that), it's the experiences I had during Poch's reign to which Eriksen was a key part.

Back
Top Bottom