Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fans are being called hypocrites and malicious.

Elkjaer has said Eriksen put himself in a situation where he has had to perform better with the comments that he has come out with - Called him naive, and that he should be mentally stronger to go out and say what he did, and then not get a transfer. He says he is probably very low on confidence.

All of Danish media agree that he is not good atm, and they also think he is bad for the nt.

So the Danish media are calling out Eriksen for poor performance ......and then having a go at Spurs supporters for calling out Eriksen for poor performance ....and yet we are the hypocrites!!!

Yet they don´t blame him for almost every problem Spurs are having at the moment. Maybe that´s the difference.

Nobody is, but do I think the poor performance of our main playmaker played A part in Pochettino getting the boot? Yes I do- but there are lots of other factors as well

So the Danish media are calling out Eriksen for poor performance ......and then having a go at Spurs supporters for calling out Eriksen for poor performance ....and yet we are the hypocrites!!!
No, they are not calling out spurs supporters for calling out Eriksen, they are calling us out for the vitriol and hypocricy with which we call him out - They actually understand he is not a fan fav. atm - They do not understand the blinding hatred, hypocricy and recency bias.

They find it weird that Spurs fans aee blaimg him for the horrible season, when he is hardly playing, and have also interviewed Spurs fans, and Gravesen was having a dig at some of the quotes for instance.

Now, no need to reply to me anymore as I do not represent the Danish media - contact them if you take offense.

No, they are not calling out spurs supporters for calling out Eriksen, they are calling us out for the vitriol and hypocricy with which we call him out - They actually understand he is not a fan fav. atm - They do not understand the blinding hatred, hypocricy and recency bias.

They find it weird that Spurs fans aee blaimg him for the horrible season, when he is hardly playing, and have also interviewed Spurs fans, and Gravesen was having a dig at some of the quotes for instance.

Now, no need to reply to me anymore as I do not represent the Danish media - contact them if you take offense.

And I never said you did...

Have to say, you seem like you are not really Tottenham. Perhaps you like our club somewhat when all things are going well for your favourite countryman. But if you expect fans not to call out a player who has been drifting through games and under performing in big matches, then you are sadly deluded. Eriksen has been a quality player here, but he is not above criticism just because he is Danish. (i like the guy and have his name on the back of my favourite shirt) But if you think we should all just stay quiet and not comment about what is obvious, then you are being 'disrespectful' to Spurs.
Hi sumo
being called out, criticism. I have never said that constructive criticism nor demanding that a playing does his best is a bad thing. But have u been following this tread or other places the things that people are saying. If thats the spirit of the Tottenham supporter than u are right then im not the Tottenham supporter of present times, the old school tottenham supporter would be embarrassed.

Eriksen may well 'decide' Mourinho IS EXACTLY the type of manager he wants to work for, and turn his season around...
After all, Jose DOES love a midfield talisman... (just not Pogba!!)

And Mourinemojios yet?

Following the English Fan culture for 40 years, and your reputation has gone from very bad to much better, and just seeing how Kosovos supporters welcomed u, i think is a good opportunity for u guys to once again ask yourself what is a supporter and the conduct and behaviour of a supporter. I think the word itself says it all ,support. wow not that difficult. Im not the one bullying any player, i mentioned Kane so u can see your own hypocrisy. Mention Kane having a bad period people are understanding and supporting how it should be for all tottenhams players, but if Eriksen has a bad period, he gets attacked with evil rumours, blame for the end of Tottenham, sacking of Poch and you name it. Thats the hypocricy dear modern Tottenham fans. And Sumo how an intelligent sounding supporter like u can defend this imbeciles that might as well could stand behind Bars going uhu uhu with their monkey family in zoo, is a puzzle to me, where are the moderate Tottenham fans in this tread, u should protect the honour of Tottenham and say stop to this witch hunt.

Following the English Fan culture for 40 years, and your reputation has gone from very bad to much better, and just seeing how Kosovos supporters welcomed u, i think is a good opportunity for u guys to once again ask yourself what is a supporter and the conduct and behaviour of a supporter. I think the word itself says it all ,support. wow not that difficult. Im not the one bullying any player, i mentioned Kane so u can see your own hypocrisy. Mention Kane having a bad period people are understanding and supporting how it should be for all tottenhams players, but if Eriksen has a bad period, he gets attacked with evil rumours, blame for the end of Tottenham, sacking of Poch and you name it. Thats the hypocricy dear modern Tottenham fans. And Sumo how an intelligent sounding supporter like u can defend this imbeciles that might as well could stand behind Bars going uhu uhu with their monkey family in zoo, is a puzzle to me, where are the moderate Tottenham fans in this tread, u should protect the honour of Tottenham and say stop to this witch hunt.

When Kane plays bad it's not because of a lack of effort. Single biggest difference.

You'll work it out one day i'm sure.

Eriksen has said it is time to leave.
Eriksen has not signed any new contracts for how many years?
Eriksen is playing badly.

Why exactly should we support him?

And when he plays he IS the reason we play badly.
We weren't brilliant against Sheffield United, but we were better than in other games where he has played.

Any new contract must be off the table now. He needs to REALLY step up and earn it.
I think it's best for all now though that he goes in January.

Eriksen's the epitome of what has been wrong with our club for the past 12 months; no effort, poor attitude, thinking he's bigger than the club and that is why he's being criticised like he is.

Pretty impressive for a player who was voted 2. best midfielder in the Champions League no less than 6 months ago.
You say poor attitude, I say no confidence. Do you know what he´s thinking? If he thought he was bigger than the club, then why haven´t he just signed a new contract and demanded to be sold anyway.

The guy has been such a team player, he even let Kane steal one of his goals. And talking about Kane, I think he is part of the problem. I don´t think it was Poch´s choice to play him in the final, I think it was Levy´s. The team haven´t been the same ever since the final.

Bayern will sign Poch, and Eriksen and more will follow him, then you can be happy with your new 9-1-0 team formation.

Pretty impressive for a player who was voted 2. best midfielder in the Champions League no less than 6 months ago.
You say poor attitude, I say no confidence. Do you know what he´s thinking? If he thought he was bigger than the club, then why haven´t he just signed a new contract and demanded to be sold anyway.

The guy has been such a team player, he even let Kane steal one of his goals. And talking about Kane, I think he is part of the problem. I don´t think it was Poch´s choice to play him in the final, I think it was Levy´s. The team haven´t been the same ever since the final.

Bayern will sign Poch, and Eriksen and more will follow him, then you can be happy with your new 9-1-0 team formation.
Excactly

Hi sumo
being called out, criticism. I have never said that constructive criticism nor demanding that a playing does his best is a bad thing. But have u been following this tread or other places the things that people are saying. If thats the spirit of the Tottenham supporter than u are right then im not the Tottenham supporter of present times, the old school tottenham supporter would be embarrassed.
I'm not talking about vitriol and nasty abuse. Just criticism like any other player, because no player is bigger than the club. But it just reads like there is a blanket grouping of Spurs supporters in general by the way you are writing. It seems kind of hypocritical in many ways to accuse when most past or present have no connection with how this super sensitive perception is being perceived in Denmark. Perhaps your digs about Spurs go a little deeper and maybe some appreciation should actually be shown about how Spurs have contributed to your national team by taking your star player to a higher level.

Following the English Fan culture for 40 years, and your reputation has gone from very bad to much better, a
And Sumo how an intelligent sounding supporter like u can defend this imbeciles that might as well could stand behind Bars going uhu uhu with their monkey family in zoo, is a puzzle to me,
What connection have many of us here got with this nonsense about defending imbeciles and mentioning monkeys etc? I think you need to go back and check yourself before you start assuming things about people here and making all these assumptions about people with opinions just as you have an opinion. I understand you are obviously passionate, but don't group together random idiots on Instagram or twitter or wherever with the bulk of fans who don't abuse their own players. I don't really get how you come to this impulsive conclusion.

I'm guessing from you writing 'your' you aren't really a Spurs fan yourself so therefore you obviously have a different perspective on what we expect of a player coming off contract and how we perceive his performances on the field etc?

I don't give a shit how Spurs fans are viewed in Denmark, Eriksen has been shite for 18 months, kane has never had a period like that and he also isn't stalling a contract and openly stating his desire to play for other clubs. It's really not hard to understand why Eriksen is getting the stick he's getting, and if we're such shit fans you can jog on and support whatever club he next moves to.

Obviously biased Danes who are only here cos of Eriksen should not be taken seriously, in fact ignored - Vikingsen is a perfect example. This thread is riddled with them and they'll be gone when CE leaves the club.
Useless spamming twats.

Back
Top Bottom