Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems the agrees are clocking up.... I guess it wasn't just me.... :harrysmile:
you made a straw man and people are agreeing with it - I agree with the point you made in your post.... its just it was refuting something I never said / implied.

"How did you get from that to 'the club prevented my move'....?"

You even used quote marks to imply its a direct quote - but as long as you get your agrees right.

my response is consistent - he wanted out, if we agreed a transfer he would be gone - if he was in "football manager" he would be gone - hence we didnt let him leave.

no judgement on not letting him go for free, £10m or putting £100m pricetag on him- thats somehting you have imagined.
I’m occasionally confused by a response to a post of mine. But this time I’m completely perplexed. I don’t know what you thought I was trying to say, but my post was simply expressing that I wish he would stay. Nothing more nothing less.

I’m occasionally confused by a response to a post of mine. But this time I’m completely perplexed. I don’t know what you thought I was trying to say, but my post was simply expressing that I wish he would stay. Nothing more nothing less.
i know and my only point was - those quotes seem its will be unlikely

-- someone else has taken it on a tangent that I was attacking the clubs policy. Would normally let it go but its a slow day today.

you made a straw man and people are agreeing with it - I agree with the point you made in your post.... its just it was refuting something I never said / implied.

"How did you get from that to 'the club prevented my move'....?"

You even used quote marks to imply its a direct quote - but as long as you get your agrees right.

No... Not my point about agrees.. Just that if others took the same impression maybe your position was misleadingly articulated after all.

(btw, Inverted commas don't signify a direct quote mate. Also note us of the word "my" move.... I'm paraphrasing Eriksens implied position.)

I wish Eriksen had kept his mouth shut, signed a new contract and then we'd sold him (if thats what he wanted)
Now he's broadcast he wants to leave its just a prolonged period of disruption - he's either leaving in Jan or July. Will he put his body on the line 100% this season? I got the feeling he didn't last year (acknowledging he played nearly every game). What will be his role? potentially he is keep others like Skipp from getting game time before he fucks off. I can't remember Modric in his last year(knowing he had agreement to leave at the end of the season) but I think he was pretty great

No... Not my point about agrees.. Just that if others took the same impression maybe your position was misleadingly articulated after all.

(btw, Inverted commas don't signify a direct quote mate. Also note us of the word "my" move.... I'm paraphrasing Eriksens implied position.)
I agreed with your post, it's a good point... Just not one I was making.

see the lack of disagrees on my post... Maybe it was only you who thought that and built the straw man and people are agreeing with the straw man.

Modric was fantastic in his last season, but the situation was different because he still had to impress to get his move (wasn't in last year of contract). Eriksen 100% will sign for a Juve/PSG level team, no matter what he does this season.

I think Eriksen will have an ok season. He won't light up the World, but he's too good to be complete shite.

No, we was doing our very best to keep him by offering him the biggest contract in Spurs history, nothing was done and dusted, got absolutely nothing to do with impacting our season, he acted unprofessionally.

We spent best part of the Bale transfer money before he was sold. Did you think we were going to spend all that wedge and give him a huge wage rise? It was never on the cards - when Bale missed that training session it was because he was frustrated by the delay on a deal we all knew was about to happen.

We spent best part of the Bale transfer money before he was sold. Did you think we were going to spend all that wedge and give him a huge wage rise? It was never on the cards - when Bale missed that training session it was because he was frustrated by the delay on a deal we all knew was about to happen.
I respect you as a poster but on this we will have to agree to disagree. You think Bale acted professionally whereas i just think he's a cunt who threw his toys out of the pram.

Vikingsen Why would a guy who's not even a Spurs fan spend so much time on this forum? We get it, Eriksen is god to you lot over there because you seemingly have nothing else to be proud of but I really couldn't give 2 shits if you go through each of my posts and disagree like you have been.

Hi Borks

Normally i would not reply to a post like yours. But today im feeling like a little amusement. Borks , U don't stop to amaze me, with your deep and very intelligent posts, and now u even reveal to us all ,that besides ur very sharp analytical skills , ur also a medium, who can "feel" what other people are feeling and what they like and what they fancy and so forth. Wow whats next. U announce that ur Trumps PR and twitter advisor or even better Boris Johnsons economic advisor.
Borks i am really not after u, and its first now i realise u can see who agrees and don't agree. I have followed this post for a while and i read all the posts and those i agree with i hit the agree botton, and those i don't agree with, well i hit the opposite botton. Its not a personal thing. So if i have given u more than 1 or 2 disagrees, it is very simple, that i must have disagreed with what u r saying. I thought that was the point of it?, Maybe u English have a ,for me ,unknown cultural thing with disagreeing with one another. We put a disagree botton on the sight, but don't use it for gods sake, people will fell very strongly about that. Its disrespecting them. Well Borks, i actually have encountered quite a few english people in my time and been to England, many times, my brother worked there for a while(he actually was a Pro footballer There) and the english are jolly good people with a very evolved sense of humour especially on their own behave. Which is very like Danish humor. Are u sure ur English Borks, cause u seem to me to spend a lot of time in a very confrontational tone, with a lot of negativity to fellow Tottenhams Fans and some of our players. U should try getting a bit more English Borks.
After finding out that one can see who does what on yr posts i laughed a lot, since ur above post was liked by 3 other people( my guess Trump and Boris fans) who all like u, have the amazing ability to argue, be rude and offensive to ur fellowman, the players and therefor also to ur club,But this u are probably too intelligent to see.
People don't disagree with u when u say that Eriksen play a bad game, which he of course those, once and a while, but its u and ur 3 followers , witch hunt and constant negativity no matter what, that is getting on almost all peoples nerves. well i don't expect u to learn anything from this.( u can't fill a full cup, danish saying) im writing this for my own amusement really, and i promise u, that i won't hit ur disagree botton ever again, if it means so much to u , its a gentlemans word i give u.
And god save Trump, no i mean god save the world, sorry God save the queen of course silly danish me.
Ps don't be insulting to little denmark because of a disagree botton. U don't want to mess with us. We stop sending u, our best Bacon.

Last edited:
I agreed with your post, it's a good point... Just not one I was making.

see the lack of disagrees on my post... Maybe it was only you who thought that and built the straw man and people are agreeing with the straw man.

Never been my intention to build a straw man nor mistake your meaning mate....

I did proceed with questions rather than accusations if you recall......

The part about me being pissed off was a side note as much as anything.

Peace......

Footnote to my above post

Sorry to the English Queen for the last one, and on behave of the Kingdom of Denmark sorry to Boris too(he is an English chap after all and again on behave of the entire Danish Kingdom sorry to Borks and his 3 fellow Eriksen haters for hitting their disagree Botton. Sorry, Sorry and to the rest of u. Dont worry we Danish will keep sending our best Bacon to England.

Never been my intention to build a straw man nor mistake your meaning mate....

I did proceed with questions rather than accusations if you recall......

The part about me being pissed off was a side note as much as anything.

Peace......
I answered it wasn't what I meant... What's the point in asking questions if you ignore the answers.

My 2 cents.

If a player wants to run down his contract and the club do everything in their power, which includes offering him a bumper contract, then there’s no point in feeling to bumped out about it. It sucks but that’s life.

I thought Eriksen had a very good game against Woolwich. He’s 27 so at the peak of his career. Footballers at most might have around 15 years playing top professional football. Despite essentially being able to go to any club for free, he will still need to look appealing to clubs and he’ll be wanting to get a bumper contract. All of the above would suggest that it’s in his best interest to play to the best of his ability this year.

I think some people on here are frustrated that he could be leaving on a free next year. The £50m value has been touted numerous times but what is the cost of him not being here? If he’s the reason we don’t get top 4 and don’t get past the group stages of the CL, the real cost is much more than £50m....

Back
Top Bottom