Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, I absolutely think if a player was a big disturbance, other players would call him out.

History all but 100% of the time disagrees.... (At least until x or y player has moved on in their careers)

Perfect example:

Glen Johnson's recent comments re Berahino were savage, but we didn't get a hint of such sentiment during the actual timeframe in question...

How about the current Neymar saga at PSG?

History all but 100% of the time disagrees.... (At least until x or y player has moved on in their careers)

Perfect example:

Glen Johnson's recent comments re Berahino were savage, but we didn't get a hint of such sentiment during the actual timeframe in question...

How about the current Neymar saga at PSG?
It has happened more than once..far from 100% never happens imo.

Therefore it is possible, and if anything, they would not call the player a pro.
They would just say nothing on the matter.

Agree to disagree.. I have no wish to get into it today.

Some posters are way to hung up on posters giving likes and dislikes.

It has happened more than once..far from 100% never happens imo.

I said "all but 100%"....

When you consider how many players contracts are dealt with over the years, my comment is not as hyperbolic as you suggest.

"All but" never happens is a fair assertion.... Why not give some counter examples to back up your point of view rather than rely on semantics?

Therefore it is possible, and if anything, they would not call the player a pro.
They would just say nothing on the matter.

He was obviously asked.... Silence would be deafening.

I think you're being selectively naive...

Agree to disagree.. I have no wish to get into it today.

Debate or don't.... Forum for discussion and all that.

I said "all but 100%"....

When you consider how many players contracts are dealt with over the years, my comment is not as hyperbolic as you suggest.

"All but" never happens is a fair assertion.... Why not give some counter examples to back up your point of view rather than rely on semantics?

He was obviously asked.... Silence would be deafening.

I think you're being selectively naive...

Debate or don't.... Forum for discussion and all that.
I do not wish to debate with you...

Big diff.

They weren't willing to spend 50 million because they just need to wait it out for 1 season and can sign him for free. If he renewed his contract for another 4 years, clubs would actually have put in bids if he had a 50 million release clause. He would've been the bargain signing of the summer.

You don't need to explain Eriksen's reasoning for not signing a new contract. We all know.

If I was a star player for Tottenham I would have renewed my contract even if I wanted to play for the spanish giants. If they come in for me great, if not, I get to spend my prime playing for this great club. Would YOU?

If Real Madrid and Barca according to you would not bid 50 million, then how much exactly is he worth? Madrid spent a little over 50 million this summer on Rodrygo, a squad player. You know Madrid has enough money in the bank to fork out 50 million in their sleep, so what makes you think they wouldn't pay a 50 million release clause for one of the best attacking midfielders in the world? Zidane won't last 1 whole season. Eriksen is going to be staying for another season 1 way or another. In an ideal world, he would extend his contract and we would sell him in the summer after Madrid triggers the 50 million release clause. We get 50 million in return to spend on his replacement. This would be ideal yes or no?
Haha. So you would forfeit a 10-20 million pound sign on bonus to give a billion dollar business a larger transfer fee? After playing for them on 30-40% of your market-value wages for 5 years and giving them incredible success through your performances?

Fine if Eriksen had done something scummy or whatnot, but he has always been extremely professional and totally dedicated to the club and the amount of disrespect he gets is quite strange to me. Never complains - always fit.

"I have no wish to get into it today"

Again, with all due respect, fuck off and don't reply then. :)

Why stir up a debate you have no intention of engaging with, you tart?
Not with you no :)

You and I have very different definitions of stirring up debate.
Oh, so many names for me today 😂

With all due respect, you do not get to decide fuck all.
Not when I give dislikes or why, not who I reply to and why, not who is a real fan or not.

The ego on this one...

Last edited:
Not with you no :)

You and I have very different definitions of stirring up debate.

Well you have replied to my earlier posts offering counter opinion and challenging my point... What is that if not stimulating a debate?

I entered into this with good faith.... I just found your subsequent "I don't want to get into it" comment funny(*) considering you needn't have replied to anything I'd posted (not even my response to the article itself)....

(*You'd CHOSE to engage twice by then.)

Oh, so many names for me today 😂

"Tart"... Anything else?

Isn't "Mugg" your chosen name? ....I didn't spell it as "Mug" so what's the problem?

I suggest you need to get over YOURSELF, hence I called you a "tart".

a “no clue” is not exactly an invitation to debate.

No, but your subsequent post was.

Just as a disagree is not, no matter how much it tickles your ego,

What are you talking about...? I've not received any 'disagrees' from you on over this.

Well you have replied to my earlier posts offering counter opinion and challenging my point... What is that if not stimulating a debate?

I entered into this with good faith.... I just found your subsequent "I don't want to get into it" comment funny(*) considering you needn't have replied to anything I'd posted (not even my response to the article itself)....

(*You'd CHOSE to engage twice by then.)

"Tart"... Anything else?

Isn't "Mugg" your chosen name? ....I didn't spell it as "Mug" so what's the problem?

I suggest you need to get over YOURSELF, hence I called you a "tart".

No, but your subsequent post was.

What are you talking about...? I've not received any 'disagrees' from you on over this.
By god, can this one keep on and on....

giphy.gif

SilvertownMugg SilvertownMugg

I originally raised this rather than giving your original post a disagree.

I felt players have a history of sticking to club PR lines unless they drop a bollock which is very rare. Winks is a smart cookie and wont be caught out so this article tells us nothing!

You on the other hand, just gave a disagree and didn't back it up. Whilst every conversation doesn't have to end in a cunt off, a disagree is pretty pointless.

roll on the disagrees :pocheyes:

SilvertownMugg SilvertownMugg

I originally raised this rather than giving your original post a disagree.

I felt players have a history of sticking to club PR lines unless they drop a bollock which is very rare. Winks is a smart cookie and wont be caught out so this article tells us nothing!

You on the other hand, just gave a disagree and didn't back it up. Whilst every conversation doesn't have to end in a cunt off, a disagree is pretty pointless.

roll on the disagrees :pocheyes:
You may be correct in that assumption, I just feel that players would then rather keep quiet then.

Still, the disagree button is there for a reason, when you disagree, but cannot really be arsed to take up the debate.

The multi billionaire dude?
Yeah I’d happily let him run my company.

Would you trust Eriksen as an employee?
Might be within his legal rights what he’s doing but he’s no less of a sneaky fucker for it
The one thing Eriksen hasn’t been is sneaky. Pretty much given anyone who cares a roadmap of his career in public

It might not be what we want to hear and it’s in his best interests and not ours but he’s well within his rights to see his contract out

Even his clumsy and ill advised ‘come get me ‘ summer shout wasn’t sneaky

The side effects of his refusing to resign is speculation and uncertainty but again that’s not directly his fault

I don’t like what he’s doing but that’s because I want what’s best for THFC. I cant argue his position, which is wanting what’s best for C.Eriksen

Last edited:

A lot of negativity being expressed towards Eriksen, and in particular his performances last season.

Interesting that FIFA have named him (and Kane and Son) in the 55 best players in the world.

Surely it is now time to concentrate on the next 3 months and forget about the future. Eriksen, Aurier, Toby, Jan & Rose are all Spurs players, lets stop going on about what will happen in January or next summer and concentrate on this season. If they play well and train well they should play and they all need to perform to attract other clubs if that is what they want to happen. Let Levy and the players decide on contracts and fans on how the play and results are going. We need to improve to be successful this season and can do without further distractions.
There is a transfer thread and lets confine comments on these matters to that thread. I have no faith that my request will be heeded but it is depressing to keep reading the same old stuff.

Back
Top Bottom