Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi Borks

Normally i would not reply to a post like yours. But today im feeling like a little amusement. Borks , U don't stop to amaze me, with your deep and very intelligent posts, and now u even reveal to us all ,that besides ur very sharp analytical skills , ur also a medium, who can "feel" what other people are feeling and what they like and what they fancy and so forth. Wow whats next. U announce that ur Trumps PR and twitter advisor or even better Boris Johnsons economic advisor.
Borks i am really not after u, and its first now i realise u can see who agrees and don't agree. I have followed this post for a while and i read all the posts and those i agree with i hit the agree botton, and those i don't agree with, well i hit the opposite botton. Its not a personal thing. So if i have given u more than 1 or 2 disagrees, it is very simple, that i must have disagreed with what u r saying. I thought that was the point of it?, Maybe u English have a ,for me ,unknown cultural thing with disagreeing with one another. We put a disagree botton on the sight, but don't use it for gods sake, people will fell very strongly about that. Its disrespecting them. Well Borks, i actually have encountered quite a few english people in my time and been to England, many times, my brother worked there for a while(he actually was a footballer There) and the english are jolly good people with a very evolved sense of humour especially on their own behave. Which is very like Danish humor. Are u sure ur English Borks, cause u seem to me to spend a lot of time in a very confrontational tone, with a lot of negativity to fellow Tottenhams Fans and some of our players. U should try getting a bit more English Borks.
After finding out that one can see who does what on yr posts i laughed a lot, since ur above post was liked by 3 other people( my guess Trump and Boris fans) who all like u, have the amazing ability to argue, be rude and offensive to ur fellowman, the players and therefor also to ur club,But this u are probably too intelligent to see.
People don't disagree with u when u say that Eriksen play a bad game, which he of course those, once and a while, but its u and ur 3 followers , witch hunt and constant negativity no matter what, that is getting on almost all peoples nerves. well i don't expect u to learn anything from this.( u can't fill a full cup, danish saying) im writing this for my own amusement really, and i promise u, that i won't hit ur disagree botton ever again, if it means so much to u , its a gentlemans word i give u.
And god save Trump, no i mean god save the world, sorry God save the queen of course silly danish me.
Ps don't be insulting to little denmark because of a disagree botton. U don't want to mess with us. We stop sending u, our best Bacon.

The coolest of stories.

My 2 cents.

If a player wants to run down his contract and the club do everything in their power, which includes offering him a bumper contract, then there’s no point in feeling to bumped out about it. It sucks but that’s life.

I thought Eriksen had a very good game against Woolwich. He’s 27 so at the peak of his career. Footballers at most might have around 15 years playing top professional football. Despite essentially being able to go to any club for free, he will still need to look appealing to clubs and he’ll be wanting to get a bumper contract. All of the above would suggest that it’s in his best interest to play to the best of his ability this year.

I think some people on here are frustrated that he could be leaving on a free next year. The £50m value has been touted numerous times but what is the cost of him not being here? If he’s the reason we don’t get top 4 and don’t get past the group stages of the CL, the real cost is much more than £50m....

If he plays like vs. Woolwich for this last season, he will still be a brilliant deal for us over the years

1md3n8.jpg

Huh? We tried to sell Eriksen but none of his preferred clubs were interested in paying a transfer fee. The only way he can get to play for them is by running his contract down.

The difference between Hazard and Eriksen is Hazard is a better player so can get clubs like Real Madrid to spend big money on him.
Hazard also had 1 yr left on his contract and was still sold for 100 million. No one was asking for 100 million for Eriksen. He's half the player Hazard is, so we only asked for 50 million. There is actually another way for Eriksen to play for them. It's called renewing your contract with a release clause. That way he can leave the club with some transfer money to spend after his departure. It's what other Tottenham legends have done in the recent past.

Hazard also had 1 yr left on his contract and was still sold for 100 million. No one was asking for 100 million for Eriksen. He's half the player Hazard is, so we only asked for 50 million. There is actually another way for Eriksen to play for them. It's called renewing your contract with a release clause. That way he can leave the club with some transfer money to spend after his departure. It's what other Tottenham legends have done in the recent past.

They weren’t willing to spend 50 million pounds for him though. If he locks himself into a long term contract, he’ll never be sold to his preferred teams. They likely see him as a squad player—they’re not interested in paying a big fee for a squad player.

This was the only way he could guarantee that he can play for his preferred team. It also allows him to get higher wages with his preferred team since they don’t have to pay a transfer fee.

Your suggestion that Eriksen lock himself into a long term contract with the club when he wants to make a move is nonsensical. Would YOU sign a 4 year contract with your employer if you wanted to change employers?

Edit: I’ve seen several people suggest the release clause. That’s dumb. RM and Barca wouldn’t pay 50 million pounds now. They’re not gonna pay a 50 million release clause later.

They weren’t willing to spend 50 million pounds for him though. If he locks himself into a long term contract, he’ll never be sold to his preferred teams. They likely see him as a squad player—they’re not interested in paying a big fee for a squad player.

This was the only way he could guarantee that he can play for his preferred team. It also allows him to get higher wages with his preferred team since they don’t have to pay a transfer fee.

Your suggestion that Eriksen lock himself into a long term contract with the club when he wants to make a move is nonsensical. Would YOU sign a 4 year contract with your employer if you wanted to change employers?

Edit: I’ve seen several people suggest the release clause. That’s dumb. RM and Barca wouldn’t pay 50 million pounds now. They’re not gonna pay a 50 million release clause later.

They weren't willing to spend 50 million because they just need to wait it out for 1 season and can sign him for free. If he renewed his contract for another 4 years, clubs would actually have put in bids if he had a 50 million release clause. He would've been the bargain signing of the summer.

You don't need to explain Eriksen's reasoning for not signing a new contract. We all know.

If I was a star player for Tottenham I would have renewed my contract even if I wanted to play for the spanish giants. If they come in for me great, if not, I get to spend my prime playing for this great club. Would YOU?

If Real Madrid and Barca according to you would not bid 50 million, then how much exactly is he worth? Madrid spent a little over 50 million this summer on Rodrygo, a squad player. You know Madrid has enough money in the bank to fork out 50 million in their sleep, so what makes you think they wouldn't pay a 50 million release clause for one of the best attacking midfielders in the world? Zidane won't last 1 whole season. Eriksen is going to be staying for another season 1 way or another. In an ideal world, he would extend his contract and we would sell him in the summer after Madrid triggers the 50 million release clause. We get 50 million in return to spend on his replacement. This would be ideal yes or no?

They weren't willing to spend 50 million because they just need to wait it out for 1 season and can sign him for free. If he renewed his contract for another 4 years, clubs would actually have put in bids if he had a 50 million release clause. He would've been the bargain signing of the summer.

You don't need to explain Eriksen's reasoning for not signing a new contract. We all know.

If I was a star player for Tottenham I would have renewed my contract even if I wanted to play for the spanish giants. If they come in for me great, if not, I get to spend my prime playing for this great club. Would YOU?

If Real Madrid and Barca according to you would not bid 50 million, then how much exactly is he worth? Madrid spent a little over 50 million this summer on Rodrygo, a squad player. You know Madrid has enough money in the bank to fork out 50 million in their sleep, so what makes you think they wouldn't pay a 50 million release clause for one of the best attacking midfielders in the world? Zidane won't last 1 whole season. Eriksen is going to be staying for another season 1 way or another. In an ideal world, he would extend his contract and we would sell him in the summer after Madrid triggers the 50 million release clause. We get 50 million in return to spend on his replacement. This would be ideal yes or no?

It would be great for Spurs. Ideal for Eriksen? No. He'll get paid more if he runs his contract down.

I don't understand why Eriksen would want to transfer some of his own money to Spurs by doing it the way you suggested.

I don't understand why Eriksen would put himself in a position where he needs his preferred clubs to be willing to spend a 50 million pound transfer fee on him or he can't move at all.

None of it makes sense from Eriksen's perspective. The only thing that makes sense is to run his contract down because of course one of his preferred clubs will take him on a free and he can get the max contract possible from them this way.

I'm genuinely curious. Would you trust Daniel Levy with your dreams and future?
Interesting one but by all accounts if you are honest with him he is fair. Maybe he has been honest with spurs and said he will only go to x teams, and they’ve either not come in or offered a satisfactory fee for levy and he feels his value at ours for another year is worth it

No clue...

Rhetorical question, fella.....

However, one could speculate Poch has had his doubts over Eriksen's commitment.... He demoted Walker almost immediately when given similar reason for doubt in the midst of a title challenge whilst the trf window was till closed.

I think believing CE's "new challenge" comments were the proverbial 'water off a ducks back' for Poch is naive given his outlook and track record.

As already pointed out, players rarely throw each other under the bus in such circumstances and typically are sympathetic to each others contract wrangles.... He's certainly not likely to turn round and say "...We all saw how shit he was in the CL final... Did you see that lame penalty in pre-season" etc.

Wink's comments establish little sadly.

SilvertownMugg SilvertownMugg

Lol you actually expect a professional team player to say " Yes the CE thing is really unsettling to the squad and i'm not happy about it", Winks is a clever lad and knows his place and what to say to the media.

To think the other way would make you a Mugg... :levylol:
Yes, I absolutely think if a player was a big enough of a disturbance, other players would call him out.

If that makes me a mugg, so be it.

Back
Top Bottom