Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What you imply speaks ill of us none the less.

Again... We didn't didn't overpriced him... If Hazard was worth 100m in his last year why isn't CE worth 50m?

Seemingly United would have paid it... The clubs he wants didn't want him enough that's all.
you're getting the wrong end of the stick - i am not going to argue as i don't think what i said speaks ill of us or we should have dropped the fee. The point i was making was his comments dont lead me to think he will sign another contract.

you're getting the wrong end of the stick - i am not going to argue as i don't think what i said speaks ill of us or we should have dropped the fee. The point i was making was his comments dont lead me to think he will sign another contract.

The evidence you offer to your end point is unfair or poorly articulated; you choose.... It's not a question of me being facetious.

"Overpriced" means what it means. As does the accusation that we're actively preventing a move.

In your opinion, how cheap should we have priced him then?

Bit of an oxymoron surely, footballer refuses to train but otherwise acted professionally.

We knew he was being sold, he knew he was being sold. We'd even spent the money from his sale during the summer. Levy was just being Levy to hold out as long as possible.

It didn't impact our season at all.

Sure, fully professional would have meant not missing any training but I remember that summer well and the Bale transfer saga was a farce.

Oh, and he definitely deserved pelters for that pink outfit he wore at the time.

The evidence you offer to your end point is unfair or poorly articulated; you choose.... It's not a question of me being facetious.

"Overpriced" means what it means. As does the accusation that we're actively preventing a move.

In your opinion, how cheap should we have priced him then?
if we didn't let him walk away on a free we still stopped him doing what he wanted - he wanted to leave.

I made no judgement on the rights or wrongs of not letting him go / our pricing policy or anything else - you have seen something that's not there.

I have no issue with our policy but it doesn't mean that he didn't want to leave

if we didn't let him walk away on a free we still stopped him doing what he wanted - he wanted to leave.

I made no judgement on the rights or wrongs of not letting him go / our pricing policy or anything else - you have seen something that's not there.

I have no issue with our policy but it doesn't mean that he didn't want to leave

Sorry mate, I really haven't.... Poorly articulated it is then; in terms of your prior comments. Your counter arguments are becoming increasingly obtuce as a result.

Of course he wanted to leave; that's not in dispute here is it???????

Sorry mate, I really haven't.... Poorly articulated it is then; in terms of your prior comments. Your counter arguments are becoming increasingly obtuce as a result.

Of course he wanted to leave; that's not in dispute here is it???????
yes it is see the post i responded to -

So are you going to sign a new contract with us then Chris?
Pleeeeeeease?

my response is consistent - he wanted out, if we agreed a transfer he would be gone - if he was in "football manager" he would be gone - hence we didnt let him leave.

no judgement on not letting him go for free, £10m or putting £100m pricetag on him- thats somehting you have imagined.

yes it is see the post i responded to -

my response is consistent - he wanted out, if we agreed a transfer he would be gone - if he was in "football manager" he would be gone - hence we didnt let him leave.

no judgement on not letting him go for free, £10m or putting £100m pricetag on him- thats somehting you have imagined.

First and foremost; IF there was a buyer that fit HIS criteria he'd more than likely be gone.

Lets leave it at that.....

His 'fresh challenge' announcement was badly advised, by either his agent or his ego. It backfired badly because Barca and Real Madrid had other targets in mind at the time. It's done and dusted now and we move on. He obviously still wants to join another club and that will either happen in January or the end of this season.
For now he needs to buckle down to 'life after the transfer window saga' and show his commitment to the club for the time he has left here. That's the mark of a professional which the likes of the top clubs will be looking for.

I agree with this point - it doesn't negate mine though.

All your point ultimately amounts to is Spurs are eventually part of the overall equation. Big deal....

Fact is, at the point of this past window, we are less of a factor than a) What CE wants and b) Who wants him..... UNLESS you think we are unreasonable to expect a fair price for him.

Thus the notion that we are preventing his move is a distortion of the truth.

nope and never suggested this - you decided to go off on that tangent. All I said is if the club let him he would have gone.

Killer point mate! :roll:

If she'd let me, I'd shag Rhiana.. Never mind the fact that we've never met and she probably wouldn't find me to be her type anyway.

Killer point mate! :roll:

If she'd let me, I'd shag Rhiana.. Never mind the fact that we've never met and she probably wouldn't find me to be her type anyway.
Trying to work my way through the analogy - but you don't think he will end up at one of those clubs next summer? if you do your analogy is junk.

Trying to work my way through the analogy - but you don't think he will end up at one of those clubs next summer? if you do your analogy is junk.

It was flippancy that's all.... Point is I am the least decisive factor in that scenario. Make sense now?

Your assertion is no less obtuce.

All the talk at the end of the window about Eriksen signing a new deal with a clause that states what teams at what price he can be sold. Wonder if this is possible to achieve still?

Back
Top Bottom