Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah ... I'm not really keen on Eriksen if there are better players that we can get.
I don't know much about these other targets?
Any small but exact info. on them would be helpful.
Also who are the CAM targets that we are after ... that is more publicly known ... maybe Eriksen, Hernanes, Arda, Banega, Hulk .... who's the best outta these lots?

For our style of play, I'd say Eriksen or Hernanes. Turan slow, Banega slow and is more of a BTB (if that), Hulk winger. Hernanes has a ridiculous shot and is a very complete player, but he'd be pricy for his age. If it was my choice, I'd go with him anyway because it provides top level experience for the squad we have around him and we already have a young CAM in Holtby to get in rotations with him. Same logic as partnering Balzaretti with Rose. However, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to getting Eriksen if that's the route we choose. His CL experience for his age is invaluable.

What the hell is our starting lineup gonna be?

Is Lennon out? What about poor old Andros - just when he thought he was making a breakthrough...Will Lamela and Eriksen walk into the team (if the transfers go through)

It will be like almost like watching a completly different team

What the hell is our starting lineup gonna be?

Is Lennon out? What about poor old Andros - just when he thought he was making a breakthrough...Will Lamela and Eriksen walk into the team (if the transfers go through)

It will be like almost like watching a completly different team

For me, the "ideal" offense would be Lamela at RW/RM, Eriksen at CAM, Townsend LW and Soldado.

I really think we should be treating this 'New Tottenham' as a 22-man Squad, not simply a staring XI...
it's thinking only of who constituted the first team that got us into trouble when someone... anyone was out injured/missing for a game or two... we didn't have a Plan B and felt depleted as a result...
now it seems we have a plan B, C, D and E!!!!

That's
B: the BEAST...
C: Chaidli
D: Dembele
E: Eriksen????

Last edited:
why is everyone worried about having to much players? We are in europe remember so have so many games to rotate and hopefully will be in the CL next season. The likes of United, City and Chelsea have been successful purely because of superb squad depth and the ability to bring in quality when others get injured. This is what Levy and CO are now creating at Spurs.

The problem with Erikson was he got so overrated that he is now underrated. He was the youngest player in the 2010 World Cup and flew onto the scene in his teens there and at Ajax. Then everyone starts touting him to be the next great European player etc. Then he starts getting mentioned in moves Barcelona and Madrid and all other huge clubs while still only in his teens.

But since the hype is massive he never lived up to it despite the fact that in last two years he had 23 goals and 46 assists 99 appearances. In addition, he had a goal and 4 assists in 6 games in Champions league group with Manchester City, Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund.

Ultimately, he missed his hype window and then people start calling him overrated because he doesn't prove himself to be Messi by the age of 21. Once a couple person start saying it everyone mimics them and all the sudden he's overrated. But now he's been called overrated so many times that he's underrated.

So what do we end up with? Erikson is still the best player on three time reigning Eredivise champions and probably the best player in the league. He's 21 with significant World Cup and Champions League experience. He fits a position of need and is available for a manageable price. He comes from a league and team that has continually provided the EPL top players who translate well the league's style and pace. Furthermore, he's off to a blistering start this season with 2 goals and 3 assists in 4 appearances.

So yeah, he may be overrated in regards to the hype about him being Barcelona's next big signing or the best young player in Europe. But he seems like he would be a perfect fit for us.

Last edited:
Thought I would share this with you guys, some may already know. Fact: Eriksen created more chances (138) in 12-13 than Iniesta, Ozil, Silva, Messi, Mata, Hazard, Gotze, Ronaldo, Bale & Reus.

Back
Top Bottom