Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From what i've read from Ajax/Dutch football fans this guy is quite over-rated. Can't remember the exact details but basically they seem to think he never has any pressure on him and is given acres of space.

Never gonna get that here, we need someone a lá Modric/VdV who unlocks tight defences.

It sounds like his play kinda slacked off in the league somewhat last year, but I'm willing to bet that had a lot to do with being one of the hottest prospects in Europe at 20, being lined up by some of the biggest clubs, and those moves not working out delivering a big blow to his psyche. Whether he's a professional or not, that fuckin sucks on a 20 year old. He played fantastically well in the Champs League regardless, and absolutely wrecked City in Amsterdam in October.

Hearing extremely mixed reviews on Eriksen. What can he do thay say Holtby can't?
Saying that I trust AVB's judgement so if he wants him then so do I.

Hearing extremely mixed reviews on Eriksen. What can he do thay say Holtby can't?
Saying that I trust AVB's judgement so if he wants him then so do I.
As far as I am aware there's nothing Eriksen can do that Holtby can't. What I do know though is that there's a few things that the latter can do that Erikse can't, such as running his nuts off for the team the entire game and contribute a hell of a lot in closing teams down.

Seems like he's a touch of class that could be well supported by our hard working and strong midfield.
Could be a worthy addition. Another one that would fuck the scousers off as well.

According to @ NorseYid NorseYid not very, if at all

Don't understand that. For a central mid, he's pretty damn quick. I'd like for our wingers to have more pace which brings up the strike against him in not really providing the versatility AVB was hoping for in his CAM signing for the summer, but he has all the tools to be a success in the CAM role in the Premier League.

This is from our resident Dane...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/WindyCOYS">@WindyCOYS</a> Eriksen is very slow and will end up playing as a no 8 or even no 6. A player type which we do NOT need at present</p>&mdash; NorseYid (@PeerVanDerVaart) <a href="">August 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Strange. I don't see it from watching him play. One of his best traits in the No 10 role is his ability to make an overlapping run over the striker either in the box or in free play from the middle, and score in those chances. That's something I feel we're missing terribly at the moment.

The other big name being talked up due to agent comments is Arda Turan at Atletico. Guy has phenomenal touch and awareness, but is far slower than Eriksen. Feel Eriksen would fit in with that Spurs style of swift, attacking play we've been missing for the last year so much better.

NorseYid dont seem to rate him much, but not running for the team us definitely not one of his weaknesses. His constantly topping the meters and Morten Olsen has asked him to focus less on defends when on international duty.

Eriksen has been touted as the new Michael Laudrup for several years - he's really good but with that kind of expectations it hard to impress.

With our midfield Eriksen has the support needed to add his creativity and free kicks to our side.

I'd be happy to see him join.

I have seen Eriksen play several times for AJAX and from what ive seen and what most of you already know this guy is very creative, he could supply Soldado with the service he needs to score more goals. I saw him play against city and he was quality, to have this guy play for tottenham in the future would be great.

Now Hernanes has been linked Eriksen can suck a fat one.

It's worth a shot, but I don't see it happening unless he has a release clause. Timing would work out pretty well if he wants to have a better shot at making Brazil's WC roster. Roma beating Lazio in the Coppa Italia to deny Europa would have been a service in our pursuit, but regardless we'd still offer the more favorable prospect.

Back
Top Bottom