Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why did he play ? Is there any reason ? I don't get mourinio ,he said he don't like to give players on the go playing time .
So why will he played eriksen ?
Because it was a game that didnt matter and meant he could leave the likes of Dele at home - i cant fathom how some people cant get their head round this?! Wolves is the big game this week.

It doesn't look like he's putting he's heart in the defending does it.

No it doesnt but tbph Dier and Sissoko are within 8 yards of the player and the ball for the whole clip and do nothing-they are the central defensive midfielders who should be stopping shots from there.

Because it was a game that didnt matter and meant he could leave the likes of Dele at home - i cant fathom how some people cant get their head round this?! Wolves is the big game this week.

I don’t necessarily think that people didn’t understand the fact that the game wasn’t particularly important. But what I think is frustrating more and more people is that they don’t want Eriksen playing against ANY opposition. Just because Dele was left at home didn’t mean Eriksen had to start as there were other alternatives. He could have played Skipp from the start alongside Dier and maybe moved Sissoko further up the pitch- a tactic that has worked quite well recently however surprising. Eriksen is the past and there is nothing to be gained either now or in the future in playing a player who offers nothing in defence and now very little in terms of creativity

I don’t necessarily think that people didn’t understand the fact that the game wasn’t particularly important. But what I think is frustrating more and more people is that they don’t want Eriksen playing against ANY opposition. Just because Dele was left at home didn’t mean Eriksen had to start as there were other alternatives. He could have played Skipp from the start alongside Dier and maybe moved Sissoko further up the pitch- a tactic that has worked quite well recently however surprising. Eriksen is the past and there is nothing to be gained either now or in the future in playing a player who offers nothing in defence and now very little in terms of creativity
I don't have a problem with Mourinho throwing him on to try to look after the ball in a dead rubber game against a top side with a few inexperienced players making debuts etc.
If he had started Parrott, Tanganga, Skipp, White sess and lo celso and they were on the end of a 6 or 7 nil, what does that do for their development?
He had to have some experience out there so we wouldn't get absolutely destroyed-he won't be starting any important games at all so fuck it.
By your rationale, Toby Rose and Eriksen should all rot in the reserves because they dont want to sign contracts and want out-take them all out and where are we for games like last night?

I don't have a problem with Mourinho throwing him on to try to look after the ball in a dead rubber game against a top side with a few inexperienced players making debuts etc.
If he had started Parrott, Tanganga, Skipp, White sess and lo celso and they were on the end of a 6 or 7 nil, what does that do for their development?
He had to have some experience out there so we wouldn't get absolutely destroyed-he won't be starting any important games at all so fuck it.
By your rationale, Toby Rose and Eriksen should all rot in the reserves because they dont want to sign contracts and want out-take them all out and where are we for games like last night?

But how does having Eriksen in the team stop us from being destroyed- how did he put his “experience “ to use?
Toby and Rose are at least trying

But how does having Eriksen in the team stop us from being destroyed- how did he put his “experience “ to use?
Toby and Rose are at least trying
We have hindsight in our favour and he didnt play well but you can't slag a manager for playing a hugely experienced player that wont play league games in a game like last night.
I am going to forget it now and look forward to the Wolves game which is what I hope everyone else is doing.

PS Rose was fucking shite.

We have hindsight in our favour and he didnt play well but you can't slag a manager for playing a hugely experienced player that wont play league games in a game like last night.
I am going to forget it now and look forward to the Wolves game which is what I hope everyone else is doing.

PS Rose was fucking shite.

Yes of course we look forward to Wolves but only want to see committed players picked

Breaking news!

Christian Eriksen was thrown out of his local polling station

Apparently he couldn’t put a cross into the box despite trying over 25 times

Why did he play ? Is there any reason ? I don't get mourinio ,he said he don't like to give players on the go playing time .
So why will he played eriksen ?

I imagine he would rather Eriksen risk injury in a nothing game knowing he is giving nothing anyway, and knowing the longer term likelihood of him leaving on a free.

Back
Top Bottom