Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he just looks & plays like he wants to go, so we need to sell or loan him to his new club in Jan
we can't pick who he goes to (he has only 6 months left) so we will be lucky if we can just off load his wages by loaning/selling him

I didn’t see all of yesterday’s game, but what I did are showcased a very lazy and disinterested person. Like practically the whole year. I think he’s done, he’s off already.

Jose will know this. I think a lot of the players last night are fucked for their career here.

This saga feels as if it's gone on as long as Brexit!
It goes against the grain for me to hate a player whilst wearing the shirt, although I have disliked a few, but I'm getting there with Eriksen. His legacy has been tainted. IMO.

Our best front 4 at the moment

Alli
Son - Kane - Moura

As rotation, we have Sessengon, Lo Celso, Parott, Lamela and Eriksen.

Sess, Parott and Lo Celso are still learning.
Lamela is usually injured.

If we sold Eriksen and Alli was to get injured we would all be screaming 'crisis'. Lo Celso would be a very busy man indeed, playing 90 minutes every single game across all competitions until Lamela pops back from the physio.

We complained in past seasons that Eriksen had no competition for his spot; and now want to hand that chalice over to Lo Celso?

I get what you are trying to say. However more and more of us seem to be screaming “crisis” when he does play these days

Managers fault for playing him. If I was wanting out I'd do the stuff I like like passing shooting and dribbling and avoid the hard work like tackling, tracking back and pressing.

I didn’t see all of yesterday’s game, but what I did are showcased a very lazy and disinterested person. Like practically the whole year. I think he’s done, he’s off already.

Jose will know this. I think a lot of the players last night are fucked for their career here.
I'd like to think so, but sadly I doubt it.

Why did he play ? Is there any reason ? I don't get mourinio ,he said he don't like to give players on the go playing time .
So why will he played eriksen ?

I watched him closely last night, albeit on TV. Did a lot of running about but hardly got and used the ball. Had a sniff in the last minute which the Eriksen of old would have tucked away. Jose would have noticed this.
His head has gone and I'm sorry to say, he should not start again. Wish him well for the future but the future is not with THFC.

Tottaly unprofessional cunt. Everyone knows he's going and there's nothing we can do, but the lack of interest in playing for us is a moron of the lowest level behavior. If he's going, as a professional, he should be putting an effort unti the last games he plays for us.

Tottaly unprofessional cunt. Everyone knows he's going and there's nothing we can do, but the lack of interest in playing for us is a moron of the lowest level behavior. If he's going, as a professional, he should be putting an effort unti the last games he plays for us.
When you think of the shift Hazard put in before he went to Madrid, and even Ramsey, it is really annoying. And although I went off Modric when he declared his desire to leave, at least he played to the end.

I understand Mourinho giving him numerous chances since he's been here.

At his peak he is one of the best at what he does in the world. Mourinho would have been foolish not to give him opportunities to try and perform like his old self, but last night has to be the final straw.

As with Pochettino, should Eriksen start for us again, my anger will be directed at Mourinho rather than the player. Just how much more do you need to see? Eriksen couldn't give a fuck (and hasn't done for well over a year).

You'd need your head tested if you were to give him one more minute in our shirt.

Am I correct in saying that he doesn't have to accept a transfer if he doesn't want it & he can just play out the season & leave in the Summer ? If so, why would any club pay 20 mill for him in January when all they need to do is tell his agent they'll be in for him in the Summer or just offer a contract now.
I'm a bit confused by the whole thing.

That's right.

There are some reports that he has no intention of leaving in January and will reject a transfer if the club accepts a bid because if he sees out the season at Spurs then he'll become a free agent and get to pocket a high signing-on-fee.

Eriksen is probably exhausted both mentally and physically. Guarantee he will flourish again when he joins a new club, don't know why we still play him though

The man is 27 and in his prime. The club medical staff should know if he is exhausted and if that is the case then I cannot see Spurs playing him under any circumstances. For me not so much exhausted as not good enough anymore/disinterested- take your pick

Back
Top Bottom