Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope he will stay. He was and is one of my favourite players. Not gonna argue
It's not an argument I was just asking you to clarify what you meant with that statement. Your subsequent edit to include the words 'In Spirit' told me all I needed to know. Drinks are now on you and mines a Guinness :thumbup: Cheers pal.

The reason why I am a little forgiving is his international form is terrible as well. If his international form was good then it shows its effort rather than form.

End results the same, he's shocking but the cause is different
I don't like international football, and rarely watch any qualifiers, so I cannot say. The best I can come up with is that he is a bit depressed that his career is not going in the direction he had hoped for. Maybe he is not the player he thinks he is.

Plenty to have a dig at with his recent form, but decrying him for not celebrating a mis-hit, deflected, fourth goal of four by ripping his shirt off and knee sliding to the outskirts of Belgrade, is maybe slightly off?
...Ronaldo woulda done it (but that's also why I hate him). I agree with your point but just sayin.

I love Eriksen as a player. Just disappointed that he looks lackluster on the field. I hope he changes his mind and finds his form again.

But if you aren't giving your all for the team...you don't belong here.

One thing I think people need to be careful of now is confirmation bias that CE is bad and/or not trying his hardest. i.e. if you convince yourself that he is a bad player and has not been trying his hardest, then you see it everywhere even when it's not there.

Eriksen was actually good as a sub against RSB. He had 3 passes that created clear goal scoring opportunities (sadly none were completed). Yet in the game thread I saw people cursing his play.

Yes, it was RSB. Yes, it was after they'd already been broken. Yes, Eriksen has been dreadful for most of this season. But he's also been very good for many years for the club AND had droughts where he's looked terrible before and people were demanding he be sat, but yet he kept being played and ended up having very good seasons.

My point is not that Eriksen should be starting right now in most games (he probably shouldn't be). My point is that when he plays (and he WILL continue to get minutes, anybody who thinks he's done for the season is insane), he needs to be judged by his performance in the game itself, not based on how he's played earlier in the season.

Yeah I think some people are getting carried away by actually hating Eriksen as a person...He has been a fantastic player for us and I won’t forget that. Obviously, it would be illogical to start him over lo celso and Ndombele now but people really need to show some respect as long as he is riding the same ship.

Yeah I think some people are getting carried away by actually hating Eriksen as a person...He has been a fantastic player for us and I won’t forget that. Obviously, it would be illogical to start him over lo celso and Ndombele now but people really need to show some respect as long as he is riding the same ship.

Yes he has been a very good player all in all. But I don’t think people necessarily need to show more respect to a player who has had a pretty ropey 12-18 months, clearly doesn’t want to be there and in many people’s eyes has been putting in less than 100% effort.
It is time for HIM to show a bit more respect to the club, the badge and the fans who pay his wages and either knuckle down properly and commit to the club on and off the pitch or leave in January

When he starts showing respect for being a Spurs player and at least trying to play when selected, even if he is off form....then I'll show him some too. How's that ??

Eriksen has put in 2/10 performances for a year plus but we have to be more respectful to him? Fuck off. The bloke is earning millions while mugging us off all because he got above his station and expected to move to a bigger club.

Just look at how players such as Mahrez, Zaha, Modric etc have acted when they didn’t get their move. So, so professional compared to what we’re stuck with.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I would dispute the portrayel of him as not being respectful. In the summer, he preemtively said no to everyone except Real Madrid and Barca. I think that shows that he values being at Tottenham quite a lot, but that the pay has to be appropriate to his value in the team. During their entire time at Tottenham so far, avg. wages are approximately as follows:

Eriksen: 2.52 mil. pr. year - (6 seasons)
Kane: 4.37 - (5 seasons)
Alli: 3.16 - (4 seasons)
Son: 3.84 - (4 seasons)
Lamela: 3.44 - (6 seasons)

Eriksen was bought for next to nothing, and has been paid "next to Winks". Levy would not give Eriksen parity with Kane and expected him to sign eventually, but Eriksen called his bluff. Now, Levy has instead given financial parity with Kane to Ndombele. If neither Barca nor Madrid want Eriksen in January, Levy could offer him parity and a hefty sign-on bonus to make up for lost ground, and Eriksen would probably sign.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I would dispute the portrayel of him as not being respectful. In the summer, he preemtively said no to everyone except Real Madrid and Barca. I think that shows that he values being at Tottenham quite a lot, but that the pay has to be appropriate to his value in the team. During their entire time at Tottenham so far, avg. wages are approximately as follows:

Eriksen: 2.52 mil. pr. year - (6 seasons)
Kane: 4.37 - (5 seasons)
Alli: 3.16 - (4 seasons)
Son: 3.84 - (4 seasons)
Lamela: 3.44 - (6 seasons)

Eriksen was bought for next to nothing, and has been paid "next to Winks". Levy would not give Eriksen parity with Kane and expected him to sign eventually, but Eriksen called his bluff. Now, Levy has instead given financial parity with Kane to Ndombele. If neither Barca nor Madrid want Eriksen in January, Levy could offer him parity and a hefty sign-on bonus to make up for lost ground, and Eriksen would probably sign.
So he plays crap for us this season, Levy rewards him with a bumper bonus and he returns to the fold. The old Eriksen miraculously reappears and we all breathe a huge sigh of relief and forget about what happened....good luck with that one.

Obviously, it would be illogical to start him over lo celso and Ndombele now but people really need to show some respect as long as he is riding the same ship.

THAT
IS
THE
WHOLE
PROBLEM

He is not on a same ship.

I don't even know what ship he actually is on - seems just to burn bridges left and right. It is questionable that with such performances any top team would want him. And sorry, but the way he has been behaving of late - he is a f*cking cancer in our side. No way in hell would I watn us to give him a huge payoff (if no-one else wants him) for ruining our season. No. Just NO!

Anyone see the report yesterday linking him with a £42m January move to Man Utd?
If Pogba leaves ( which seems likely) - I can believe it. In which case Levy better have some major lined up which of course he won't so the plebs will blame Poch again

Back
Top Bottom