Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CE‘s attitude is obviously poor and disappointing but I wish we never got here in the first place. I wish Levy had set a realistic sale price last summer and he was shipped off, this situation where he’s half arsed and we’re stuck with him is doing no one any favours.
Can you imagine the state of this place if we’d taken £20m in the summer for one of our most productive players of the last few seasons? It would be on fire.

Hindsight is wonderful though I suppose.

It is your interpretation that he is "moody". CE has played on a very high level since he was 17. He has played 90 minutes of almost every available game for 10 years on a very high level in addition to almost 100 national games for Denmark. The VAST majority of players will never get even close to that if they played into their forties. So maybe he is just burnt out and needs a rest? I don't understand the near unanimous conclusion here that he is sulking and "ungrateful", etc. But one thing is sure, CE being on the top of his game and our success is 100% correlated.

He hasn’t been on top of his game for 18 months. He had a rest in the summer and has come back looking even less energetic than before. How much of a rest does he need? We have seen the best of Eriksen I am afraid. When the chips are down he is not to be relied upon.

I don't think there's much disagreement here at all. The only areas of contention relate to words such as "discontent", "sulking", "poor attitude" and "moody"; words that seem more applicable to a portion of fans that are now seeing him run down his contract.
His contract didn't have to be running out this season, if Levy had offered him much more money at a much earlier stage, but Levy, understandably, choose not to because he has a long-term mindset which benefits the club in the long run, but also leads to situations such as the current one. Eriksen has made great choices throughout his career, including signing with Tottenham, and obviously is not going to risk injury now, when he is about to sign the biggest contract of his career. Relative to past, present and future Tottenham squads, Eriksen has cost Tottenham very little in transfer + wages.
Nevertheless, I understand the frustration, and I understand that some feel the need to scapegoat.

None of us really know what is going on in the background. I have heard some ridiculous excuses from people over recent months as to why he has performed poorly in recent times- everything from “His form always suffers when his contract needs sorting out” to “He is burnt out” to “Obviously he is not going to risk injury now when he is about to sign the biggest contract of his career”.

It is all irrelevant bullshit. When you pull on that white shirt and come down that tunnel onto the pitch you should forget about everything else and play your heart out for 90 minutes.

He hasn’t been great for a long time. As I have said before he has scored 1 free kick in the league since 2015, missed his last 3 penalties, his passing range has died a death, he gives the ball away almost constantly, he cannot tackle and now seems to jump out of the way of challenges and is very easy to disposess whilst his shooting is now so powderpuff I wonder if his feet are made of jelly

I like many others are not happy with that and it is not “scapegoating” to say that. He has been awful

If he cares anything for the club he will be realistic and set his sights a little lower than Madrid so he can go in January and allow Spurs to recoup some money instead of running down his contract a la C*mpbell

None of us really know what is going on in the background. I have heard some ridiculous excuses from people over recent months as to why he has performed poorly in recent times- everything from “His form always suffers when his contract needs sorting out” to “He is burnt out” to “Obviously he is not going to risk injury now when he is about to sign the biggest contract of his career”.

It is all irrelevant bullshit. When you pull on that white shirt and come down that tunnel onto the pitch you should forget about everything else and play your heart out for 90 minutes.

He hasn’t been great for a long time. As I have said before he has scored 1 free kick in the league since 2015, missed his last 3 penalties, his passing range has died a death, he gives the ball away almost constantly, he cannot tackle and now seems to jump out of the way of challenges and is very easy to disposess whilst his shooting is now so powderpuff I wonder if his feet are made of jelly

I like many others are not happy with that and it is not “scapegoating” to say that. He has been awful

If he cares anything for the club he will be realistic and set his sights a little lower than Madrid so he can go in January and allow Spurs to recoup some money instead of running down his contract a la C*mpbell

see, this is what I see every time he plays. Cannot believe that there are those among us that can’t see it.

Poch said recently he got injured on international duty in June and had to have a procedure( I think that was what he called it) however it is now November but I expect the anti Eriksen feelings are widely expressed all over the Internet and also any Spurs supporters he meets. He does not strike me as a strong person and would be affected by this and lose confidence. Rose and Sissoko have both complained about treatment by fans in the past.

Poch said recently he got injured on international duty in June and had to have a procedure( I think that was what he called it) however it is now November but I expect the anti Eriksen feelings are widely expressed all over the Internet and also any Spurs supporters he meets. He does not strike me as a strong person and would be affected by this and lose confidence. Rose and Sissoko have both complained about treatment by fans in the past.

When did Sissoko complain?
As far as I could see he just got his head down and kept trying
Model professional

Rose is a different matter

When did Sissoko complain?
As far as I could see he just got his head down and kept trying
Model professional

Rose is a different matter
Sissoko got a lot of stick when he first arrived including on here. He could not control the ball and the ball just bounced off him rather than be controlled. He stated it was hard but you are right he did work through it. He never had the confidence to dribble past players like he is doing now.

Sissoko got a lot of stick when he first arrived including on here. He could not control the ball and the ball just bounced off him rather than be controlled. He stated it was hard but you are right he did work through it. He never had the confidence to dribble past players like he is doing now.

I know he did and am aware of his shortcomings but I don’t think that he whinged or complained which was my point

You don’t work on the buses by any chance?

I know he did and am aware of his shortcomings but I don’t think that he whinged or complained which was my point

You don’t work on the buses by any chance?
I cannot remember what was said or where but I think it was last spring when he was starting to be a regular starter. I am not as big a critic as our bus friend but do think he is not the standard we really require although agree he is getting better and is a good option on the bench. At present with Wanyama's demise and Dier still not producing on a regular basis and Winks not really the answer as our DM that our choices are limited.

Eriksen is weak. Sissoko is weak. Rose is mental. But Eriksen is a worldy. So maybe us fans need to tone it down.

Back
Top Bottom