Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I honestly think Eriksen's head is turned and chances are he's on his way. They are different players, Eriksen on his game can do great things, but VDB has a great knack of timing runs and creating space in and around the box. Something I think we're crying out for.

You just made him sound like on-form Dele.

We rely on him too much. He plays practically every game and has done for the past three seasons more or less. I actually think a prospective buyer will have to be wary of spending big on him because he's played so much football since he was a teenager that he may get burnt out before he turns 30. If I were Real Madrid I'd tell his agent to see out the last year at Spurs and we'll pick him up in twelve months time.

Has a verbal agreement with our feeder club ,by all accounts(yeah i know, could be bollo).
But if true, this is where contracts mean f all.If they were actually worth the paper they were written on a manager could say,you have 3, potential 4 games left for us.Play out of your skin,treat everyone as a cup final, that your family's life depends on ,or you aint going no where.

Real Madrid seem bent on trying to pinch only Spurs players from the Premier League - they should be signing Hazard and ruin Chelsea while they are banned from replacing him for 2 transfer windows.

If you do a search for Pogba to RM or Hazard to RM then there are the exact copy pasta articles about players agreeing terms as Eriksen.

I refuse to spit out my tea until I see Sissoko being linked. Then I'll channel my inner dipper and send death threats from my stolen phone at a candlelit vigil.

120m for Eriksen could be a good deal all around ... Eriksen is struggling to last the full season of EPL/CL/Cups/Internationals with Spurs, that's hardly a shock as he plays almost every single minute, 55 games with 4,031 minutes so far this season, that's 500 more than Messi ... so just maybe at 27 he needs to think about slowing down, going to a top European side (non-EPL) which will allow him to stroll through 80% of the games and like Messi, save himself for the dozen or so matches that matter, this will allow him another five years at the top level, which I doubt he would manage being flogged to death in the EPL.

Do I want to lose such a quality player? No of course not, even not at his best he's still managed 7 goals and 12 assists this season .... however would 120m allow us to replace those? Well almost certainly not with one player but definitely with two 60m midfield players, those numbers could be recovered and we'd gain an extra pair of legs ... a deeper squad is clearly what we need.

Hope he stays but just maybe it's best all around if he moves on ...

120m for Eriksen could be a good deal all around ... Eriksen is struggling to last the full season of EPL/CL/Cups/Internationals with Spurs, that's hardly a shock as he plays almost every single minute, 55 games with 4,031 minutes so far this season, that's 500 more than Messi ... so just maybe at 27 he needs to think about slowing down, going to a top European side (non-EPL) which will allow him to stroll through 80% of the games and like Messi, save himself for the dozen or so matches that matter, this will allow him another five years at the top level, which I doubt he would manage being flogged to death in the EPL.

Do I want to lose such a quality player? No of course not, even not at his best he's still managed 7 goals and 12 assists this season .... however would 120m allow us to replace those? Well almost certainly not with one player but definitely with two 60m midfield players, those numbers could be recovered and we'd gain an extra pair of legs ... a deeper squad is clearly what we need.

Agree I hope he stays but players possibly like managers whether fans like it or not go stale, like everybody in every walk of life your job, your house , your area you get fed up and you want to freshen things up by change you get complacent and you lose interest and you personally suffer and so do those around about you.

I think £120m is hugely optimistic. After his dip in form post-Christmas, I reckon £60 - £80m. There's no way we should sell him at that rate. Pay him what Kane's on. Plus add another two £30/40m CMs.

At 27 he's in his prime and has said he prefers the routine of 2 games a week. No need for him to start slowing down - maybe in 3/4 years.

Just thought it was funny.

0w62kr9zvwv21.png

How about both? Then Christian would not have to play every minute of every game.
Personally I hope Van De Beek stays with Ajax. It is be just heartbreaking to see carefully crafted squad be broken up in blink of an eye after having achieved what they have achieved. Ajax is an exciting young squad who grew up together. Blind took less money to join the side, to provide veteran leadership and stability. In this big money mercenary football era, they are such an refreshing change of pace. With De Jong already poached, it has begun and it just makes me sad. In a way, we are in similar boat with Ajax. Yes, we have bit more money than they do. But... I just think it fucking sucks that big clubs constantly break up wonderful squads and fans never get to see them realize their potential.

If this is all true about the runours Eriksen is going to Real, why not get on loan for a year. He is clearly not wanted at Real but a fit Bale who has won all the big trophies maybe a deal that takes to the next level. Bale is a true big game match winner (when fit). Plus we get a player who needs to prove what a world class player he is.

I will miss Eriksen but if he want to leave will never dislike him and appreciate everything he has done for us, the start of his career he could easily have leťt then.

Well that's my view and wish him all the best.

Back
Top Bottom