Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m not getting upset, i’m just telling it like it is. I’m also not really a big Eriksen fan, i actually find him a bit boring. But hey you do you and go after the man instead of the ball.

I just find your whole hating Eriksen agenda a bit ridicoulus. Dude scored a banger to secure us 3 points and the first thing you see is the usual suspects moaning in here.

And as i said i have no problem with people criticizing our players, i do it too when they play badly. But coming up with theories out of your ass and acting like it’s the truth is just ridiculous.

Of course you will get called out for that. It’s a forum, so don’t act surprised when people disagree with your theory. Especially when you keep parroting it around like it’s the truth.

I think i have said what needs to be said about your theory that Eriksens head has been turned and he is holding back for us.

In regards to his season and you saying we are watching it with rose tinted glasses, i think you are doing the opposite. Eriksen has not had a bad season and everyone who thinks so needs to reevaluate what a bad season is. He has had a worse season than last season, no doubt about that, but his season has not been bad. A bad season is Sissoko year one.

stop mixing your statements up, either it’s a fact or theory, it can’t be both. For the record I said “I wonder if...” to which, you could quite easily disagree without the diatribe of inaccurate accusations. You’re way off the mark with your reading of the situation and my opinion of Eriksen.

I feel like I’ve ordered pasta in a restaurant and you’ve served a lorry but got the hump when I don’t want to eat three tons of metal. Very bizarre

I remember laughing at that too but it seems to be a common theme with commentators. "He's so dangerous in this situations". Maybe in 2014.

I also thought how difficult can it be to watch the last three games of the teams you are commentating on, 9hrs... to not be off the pace. Considering 75% of the audience will be fans who know more about their team than you. It’s just plain lazy. It’s just automated and very predictable, frustrating and boring.

I also thought how difficult can it be to watch the last three games of the teams you are commentating on, 9hrs... to not be off the pace. Considering 75% of the audience will be fans who know more about their team than you. It’s just plain lazy. It’s just automated and very predictable, frustrating and boring.

That's comms and punditry in a nut-shell. Just creating headlines off of the back of other headlines....

Pop will eat itself yadda yadda yadda.

Just imagine how little GENUINE insight these fuckers have regarding (eg) Hudd or some of our European oppo.... We're comparatively ON their radar after-all.

Last edited:
stop mixing your statements up, either it’s a fact or theory, it can’t be both. For the record I said “I wonder if...” to which, you could quite easily disagree without the diatribe of inaccurate accusations. You’re way off the mark with your reading of the situation and my opinion of Eriksen.

I feel like I’ve ordered pasta in a restaurant and you’ve served a lorry but got the hump when I don’t want to eat three tons of metal. Very bizarre

I’m not mixing my statements up. I’m not english, but “you are coming up with a theory and presenting it as a fact”. That should be proper english an easy to understand right?

It has nothing to do with being either a theory or a fact. Am i completely wrong here or is that just not a saying in english?

I’m kinda comfused because it seems pretty clear to me. I have seen numerous people saying that Eriksens head is turned, without anything to back it up with. And that is what i’m disagreeing with.

I have seen exactly zero evidence that points to Eriksens head being turned. But people are still saying it like it’s what happened. Somehow his dip in form this year means that his head is turned, but what exactly is the reason for his dip in form the other years?

I really don’t get how people can come to the conclusion that Eriksens head is turned. It feels like i’m talking to new fans, because his dip in form happens every year.

Just looking at stats and it appears like it’s his best season for us, but watching the games he hasn’t been fantastic. This whole season was a stop gap (minus our inevitable Champions league win 👀), no signings, Wembley excitement had turned to frustration, lots of injuries, and majority of the squad not playing particularly well. If Eriksen stays (and we improve the squad) I expect him to look far better next season.

Exactly. Remember before the season most of us had written it off. No one thought that we would be better this season because of all the things you mentioned. That’s why it makes zero sense than when our players play worse this season some fans contribute it to other things.

Like if i told people before the season that Eriksen would play worse this season and have a dip in form like he always has most people would agree with me.

But now suddenly when it actually happens some fans are saying that Eriksens head is turned and he is holding back. Eriksen is not the only one who has a worse season, most of our other players have been worse this year than last, but somehow Eriksens reason is different.

Like i don’t get it. Shit makes no sense.

I’m not mixing my statements up. I’m not english, but “you are coming up with a theory and presenting it as a fact”. That should be proper english an easy to understand right?

It has nothing to do with being either a theory or a fact. Am i completely wrong here or is that just not a saying in english?

I’m kinda comfused because it seems pretty clear to me. I have seen numerous people saying that Eriksens head is turned, without anything to back it up with. And that is what i’m disagreeing with.

I have seen exactly zero evidence that points to Eriksens head being turned. But people are still saying it like it’s what happened. Somehow his dip in form this year means that his head is turned, but what exactly is the reason for his dip in form the other years?

I really don’t get how people can come to the conclusion that Eriksens head is turned. It feels like i’m talking to new fans, because his dip in form happens every year.
Yet you say his head isn’t turned with ZERO evidence.
Maybe you think NOT signing a contract with one year left on it is a sign of commitment?

Yet you say his head isn’t turned with ZERO evidence.
Maybe you think NOT signing a contract with one year left on it is a sign of commitment?

Are you serious? If you have a theory you actually have to have something to back it up, it’s not the other way around. Furthermore me and other people have told you numerous reasons why Eriksen is worse this season than last. No summer rest, more injuries, less rest through the season, more important games. We have literally told you why Eriksen is playing worse this season and it has nothing to do with his contract running out(and it’s not even running out this season, there is a whole year before he is a free agent).

Also the fact that Eriksen always has a dip in form and most of our other players have played worse this season. Please tell me the reason why so many of our other players have also been worse this season?

Maybe the most logical explanation is all the things above and not that Eriksen is coasting because he wants a transfer. Especially when there is nothing that points to him holding back when he is playing.

And i have never talked about his commitment long term. That is a strawman. I truly believe he wants to have his options open this summer. But that doesn’t mean that he isn’t giving his all when he is playing for us. I’m looking at his stats and he is running just as much and putting in the same work as last season. He is playing the exact same way as all the other seasons, just worse. It’s not like he is running less because he wants to save himself and it’s not like he is bottling more tackles than usual.

Also it makes no sense for him to hold back on purpose. All the rumors are pointing to Real wanting him or Pogba, so if he wants a move he has to show Real that they should get him over Pogba.

[edit]but fair enough we are only going in circles...

Last edited:
Are you serious? If you have a theory you actually have to have something to back it up, it’s not the other way around. Furthermore me and other people have told you numerous reasons why Eriksen is worse this season than last. No summer rest, more injuries, less rest through the season, more important games. We have literally told you why Eriksen is playing worse this season and it has nothing to do with his contract running out(and it’s not even running out this season, there is a whole year before he is a free agent).

Also the fact that Eriksen always has a dip in form and most of our other players have played worse this season. Please tell me the reason why so many of our other players have also been worse this season?

Maybe the most logical explanation is all the things above and not that Eriksen is coasting because he wants a transfer. Especially when there is nothing that points to him holding back when he is playing.

And i have never talked about his commitment long term. That is a strawman. I truly believe he wants to have his options open this summer. But that doesn’t mean that he isn’t giving his all when he is playing for us. I’m looking at his stats and he is running just as much and putting in the same work as last season. He is playing the exact same way as all the other seasons, just worse. It’s not like he is running less because he wants to save himself and it’s not like he is bottling more tackles than usual.

Also it makes no sense for him to hold back on purpose. All the rumors are pointing to Real wanting him or Pogba, so if he wants a move he has to show Real that they should get him over Pogba.

You just accused someone of confusing 'facts' with 'theory' yet you're doing EXACTLY the same thing.

You haven’t backed up your theory he doesn’t want out though.

You just accused someone of confusing 'facts' with 'theory' yet you're doing EXACTLY the same thing.
He thinks writing 3000 words means he has facts.
He thinks Eriksen doesn’t want out, has zero evidence to prove it yet sits there demanding evidence from everyone else.

So little self awareness.....it’s the stuff of a serial killer. Stay away.

He thinks writing 3000 words means he has facts.
He thinks Eriksen doesn’t want out, has zero evidence to prove it yet sits there demanding evidence from everyone else.

So little self awareness.....it’s the stuff of a serial killer. Stay away.

You brought me back in. I have never said that Eriksen doesn’t want out. I personally believe that it’s about 50/50 if he leaves or not and that it’s more up to if Real wants him or not. You are putting up strawmen. I have said that i disagree with the theory that Eriksens head is turned and that he is holding back because he already have decided to leave.

Are you really that stupid that you can’t tell the difference between a player that already have decided to leave and a player that keeps his options open because he wants to make that decision later.

You are one special dude who keeps coming up with strawman arguments. It’s kinda amazing how you manage to convince yourself that you are right without having any proof of it. Like you move to goalposts because people disagree with you.

Also how can you be so stupid to not understand that it’s the accuser who has to deliver evidence and not the accused. If you accuse someone of anything you actually have to come up with some evidence to back it up, it’s called innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around. It’s the same with any theory. You can’t just say that the earth is flat and then demand people to come up with proof why it’s not. Or well, you can, but no one will take you serious.

But even after all that numerous people have told you why Eriksen has been worse this year. It’s pretty simple and yet you don’t seem to grasp why Eriksen and so many lf our other players have struggled this season. We have even shown you stats.

You are a fucking nutter mate, but even worse you are a bad fan. You would rather believe that one of our players are deliberately going against the club, than believe that he is just struggling because of ability. It’s kinda crazy that you can hate one of our players so much. Where exactly did he hurt you?

Also sorry for writing so many words, i should have known you had a reading disability...

[edit]ah fuck you managed to piss me off enough to bring me back in. I’ll try and make this the last time then...

Last edited:
Need a big game from Chris tomo... I hope he’s up for it. We need the guys who can use the ball well to step up so him (and I suppose Dele..) need to be on it

Need a big game from Chris tomo... I hope he’s up for it. We need the guys who can use the ball well to step up so him (and I suppose Dele..) need to be on it

If we can just do the same thing we did against City. Clean sheet at home, with maybe a small 1-0 win and then go through on away goals when we have a stronger squad in the return leg. Imo clean sheet is the most important part.

Eriksen-Real Madrid verbal agreement.

The Real negotiates with the Totthenam, player is expiring in 2020 but already it is known that with Levy it will be hard.

as1.jpg

How about both? Then Christian would not have to play every minute of every game.
I honestly think Eriksen's head is turned and chances are he's on his way. They are different players, Eriksen on his game can do great things, but VDB has a great knack of timing runs and creating space in and around the box. Something I think we're crying out for.

Back
Top Bottom