Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Evening standard tonight reports Man U are lining up a bid for Eriksen in the summer. They then go on to say we're interested in out of contract D.James at Swansea, which tells you how much faith they have in our ambition this summer.

Evening standard tonight reports Man U are lining up a bid for Eriksen in the summer. They then go on to say we're interested in out of contract D.James at Swansea, which tells you how much faith they have in our ambition this summer.

It's a rag. Tells us nothing.

It's a rag. Tells us nothing.
It’s coming to the end of the season and the longer he stalls the more speculation regards his future and it’s gets to be a right pain! It’s a pity they don’t just get it done, us I mean then they’ve no ammunition but a side note if we want to go to the “next level” as everybody likes to say this is the first test.....get him tied down 5year contract bang......

Last summer all our players, our manager, and our youth team set-up were going to Utd. Hacks chosing the easiest rumour. Less chance of any of it happening this summer than last.

It’s a forum pal, we are all keyboard warriors that have little to no real connections to players so based on quotes and historical facts we come up with theories, this forum is 90% theories and 10% cunt offs.

Oh, and your ‘if he was effected by the transfer speculation he would have played way worse’ statement, what algorithm did you use to come to that conclusion? Like you have some special insight or way to rank a players performance based on their mental state. Complete poppycock and as bad as our so called conspiracies.

Have an opinion, stop calling others out for theirs. It doesn’t make them a bad fan, or nutter, it’s just an opinion

It absolutely makes you a bad fan and a nutter when you come up with theories just to shit on our players. Fair enough to criticize them when they have a bad game or they actually do something shitty like refusing to play. But you are making things up just to shit on a player. That’s fucking crazy mate. Like there is zero evidence that points to Eriksen dip in form has anything to do with his contract. How exactly would you explain him recently returning to form when nothing has happened in regards to his contract. Eriksens form have dipped every season and every season he gets back into form. So why is it suddenly because of his contract this season? Did he look like someone whos head isn’t here when he scored against Brighton? Both him and Poch have both said that they focus on the rest of the season and then sit down and figure out what they will do after.

It’s honestly baffling that nothing points toward Eriksens dip in form has anything to do with his contract and yet thats the reason you chose.

You so clearly have an agenda when you, out of all the possibilities, choose the worst one.

It’s coming to the end of the season and the longer he stalls the more speculation regards his future and it’s gets to be a right pain! It’s a pity they don’t just get it done, us I mean then they’ve no ammunition but a side note if we want to go to the “next level” as everybody likes to say this is the first test.....get him tied down 5year contract bang......

[Fix woz a div.]

Last edited:
If we're going to discuss Eriksen's tackling, my argument would be that I have seen, with my own eyes, many, many occasions where he has dangled a floppy leg out near our box and made almost no attempt to prevent the player from going past him.

This x 10

Dont expect all these eagle eyed football elitists to ever see that one though. No one compiled a stat list for it, so it didnt happen

If we're going to discuss Eriksen's tackling, my argument would be that I have seen, with my own eyes, many, many occasions where he has dangled a floppy leg out near our box and made almost no attempt to prevent the player from going past him. Until recently, I'd never seen him booked for a foul that I could remember; he would always let players glide past him, even on the half way line, when on the counter. There has been a couple of cynical fouls in him recently, which is good to see, but another thing the stats wouldn't take into consideration is where on the pitch is he making tackles?

But that’s nothing new. That is how he always has played. He has never been a player who gets stuck in. He has not been any better or any worse this season. It makes no sense to use that as an argument for him being worse this year or for him not caring when he pretty much hasn’t changed. Go back one year, two years, three years and see the exact same thing.

I have no idea how people are suddenly surprised that Eriksen is bottling tackles left and right when he always has done that. It’s one of the reasons why he avoids getting injured.

Eriksen bottling tackles the last 5 years:

Eriksen bottling tackles this year: HIS HEAD IS TURNED!

My point was re it being implied by the other poster that we'll replace CE with the Swansea lad and trouser the difference.....

aka A baseless whinge.

That's what the DM was implying, not me. I was pointing out how funny it is that they assume we'll revert to type and replace a world class player with a young championship player. Its so revealing of what they really think of us.

That's what the DM was implying, not me. I was pointing out how funny it is that they assume we'll revert to type and replace a world class player with a young championship player. Its so revealing of what they really think of us.

My appologies... I missread your last sentence.

Just looking at stats and it appears like it’s his best season for us, but watching the games he hasn’t been fantastic. This whole season was a stop gap (minus our inevitable Champions league win 👀), no signings, Wembley excitement had turned to frustration, lots of injuries, and majority of the squad not playing particularly well. If Eriksen stays (and we improve the squad) I expect him to look far better next season.

Tbh it still seemed like just a 1-liner tagged on the end as a token bit of extra gossip,

Tbh, aside from any key business; i'm all in for us picking up a few young lads a la the Swans chap.... By the time HG players prove themselves in the EPL as viable for us; most become uneconomical for us. This is likely the best way for us to address our HG quota issues.

It absolutely makes you a bad fan and a nutter when you come up with theories just to shit on our players. Fair enough to criticize them when they have a bad game or they actually do something shitty like refusing to play. But you are making things up just to shit on a player. That’s fucking crazy mate. Like there is zero evidence that points to Eriksen dip in form has anything to do with his contract. How exactly would you explain him recently returning to form when nothing has happened in regards to his contract. Eriksens form have dipped every season and every season he gets back into form. So why is it suddenly because of his contract this season? Did he look like someone whos head isn’t here when he scored against Brighton? Both him and Poch have both said that they focus on the rest of the season and then sit down and figure out what they will do after.

It’s honestly baffling that nothing points toward Eriksens dip in form has anything to do with his contract and yet thats the reason you chose.

You so clearly have an agenda when you, out of all the possibilities, choose the worst one.

Stop getting bent out of shape. We all still think he’s a great player and want him to stay and are praying his form returns but discussing it doesn’t make us bad fans, it’s just chewing the fat trying to figure out what is going on. You are obviously passionate and a massive fan of Eriksen but I personally think you are viewing this season through rose tinted glasses.

I’m not trying to patronise you but if you get angry and upset when the form of players and the team are discussed you might want to limit your time on here. Or put everyone on ignore.

Chill out mate and enjoy the game tomorrow, I’m sure your man will score another screamer, I’m hoping he does.

He will stay and sign off becuase he knows he is better off being a big fish in a Spurs pond than a fish in pond where very bastard wants to cut your lunch!

Stop getting bent out of shape. We all still think he’s a great player and want him to stay and are praying his form returns but discussing it doesn’t make us bad fans, it’s just chewing the fat trying to figure out what is going on. You are obviously passionate and a massive fan of Eriksen but I personally think you are viewing this season through rose tinted glasses.

I’m not trying to patronise you but if you get angry and upset when the form of players and the team are discussed you might want to limit your time on here. Or put everyone on ignore.

Chill out mate and enjoy the game tomorrow, I’m sure your man will score another screamer, I’m hoping he does.

I’m not getting upset, i’m just telling it like it is. I’m also not really a big Eriksen fan, i actually find him a bit boring. But hey you do you and go after the man instead of the ball.

I just find your whole hating Eriksen agenda a bit ridicoulus. Dude scored a banger to secure us 3 points and the first thing you see is the usual suspects moaning in here.

And as i said i have no problem with people criticizing our players, i do it too when they play badly. But coming up with theories out of your ass and acting like it’s the truth is just ridiculous.

Of course you will get called out for that. It’s a forum, so don’t act surprised when people disagree with your theory. Especially when you keep parroting it around like it’s the truth.

I think i have said what needs to be said about your theory that Eriksens head has been turned and he is holding back for us.

In regards to his season and you saying we are watching it with rose tinted glasses, i think you are doing the opposite. Eriksen has not had a bad season and everyone who thinks so needs to reevaluate what a bad season is. He has had a worse season than last season, no doubt about that, but his season has not been bad. A bad season is Sissoko year one.

I thought he was good old Christian Eriksen in the first half, second half he was more on par with the poor team performance, but at least he’s showing glimpse of better form. Hope he signs that contract and we sign another creative midfielder who can help him. Sure Alli can pick a pass but he’s been kinda shit this season.

Had to laugh at the commentator today when we won the freekick. Along the lines of this is the man you want in these situations, Eriksen territory etc.

Said to my uncle who was watching the game with me "Guarantee he hits the wall"

If it is a shooting opportunity i'd rather see someone else on them now as his attempts on goal have been woeful for far too long now. However, i'd keep him on deliveries from set pieces as he can still hit a decent ball in from a set piece, though despite that, his corner taking is suspect as well. When Danny Rose (one of the worst crossers of a football) gets put on corner duty before Eriksen you know something is wrong.

Had to laugh at the commentator today when we won the freekick. Along the lines of this is the man you want in these situations, Eriksen territory etc.

Said to my uncle who was watching the game with me "Guarantee he hits the wall"

If it is a shooting opportunity i'd rather see someone else on them now as his attempts on goal have been woeful for far too long now. However, i'd keep him on deliveries from set pieces as he can still hit a decent ball in from a set piece, though despite that, his corner taking is suspect as well. When Danny Rose (one of the worst crossers of a football) gets put on corner duty before Eriksen you know something is wrong.

I remember laughing at that too but it seems to be a common theme with commentators. "He's so dangerous in this situations". Maybe in 2014.

Back
Top Bottom