Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

3 games in the new stadium.

3 assists and 1 goal for Eriksen.

Whilst he's still no where near his best and clearly looks like he doesn't want to be out there, he's still making a big difference with his output when the games are all said and done.

Don't worry Christian, just potentially 9 more games left for you.

Is he the poster who thinks that Davinson Sanchez is better Van Dijk — who for good measure is no more than a shit hoof ball merchant (I’m paraphrasing from memory)? If so, I wouldn’t expect too much from his next contribution to this thread, as it seems there’s a perverse (and inverse) correlation between a player’s quality and his evaluation of said player.
I'm assuming Sammy rates Allison highly then, wallpusher

Shock horror when our best players play well, Spurs are better.

Heard for so many years “when Eriksen plays well Spurs play well”....but when Eriksen plays shit, it’s the full backs and CMs fault.

He plays well with the same players around him as when he’s off form though, so no sense in any of that.

His last few games have been much better, and he’s not hiding....no coincidence that our attack flows when he’s in form. Don’t know why that concept is lost on some.

“Same role as Sissoko”
:avbfacepalm:

Looks like whenever he gets the ball, he can't wait to get rid, hence a lot of misplaced passes and not just today.
Hope he still has some big performances in him before the season's end.

So why do you feel the need to come on a rival forum to get confirmation......isn’t it enough that the entire media is sucking VVDs cock?
In fact most of this forum are too, yet it’s not enough for little online Scouser...

“WHAT???? Someone doesn’t rate a Liverpool player!!!!?????”

Maybe you will wear a black armband to work this week.
Also funny how you didn’t dare to say Vertonghen or Toby, because, we all know that VVD is not better now don’t we.

27 years old but with about 4 more caps than 21yr Davinson. World class indeed.

One good season, in a career and he’s the best defender on the planet.
You know why I don’t believe the hype?
Because I don’t have twitter and Facebook....therefore I can judge a player on his actual qualities.

If you think VVD is a quality footballer, your standards aren’t very high. Fabinho stood in at CB and looked equally competent.

Your defence is your midfield and oppo teams unwillingness to over commit bodies forward due to VVDs ability to hoooooooooof the ball up to Mane.

Well done la.....try not to bottle that title race now eh, tosser

'Ave im!

:tobyarm:

He’s got more assists than any other player since he came to the PL. Even in an average season his numbers are excellent.
Numbers aren’t everything though and this is where some fans obsession makes them look silly.

Eriksen could have the game of his life, yet get no assists, no goals, make no tackles, no interceptions.
He could be the catalyst as we beat City away and progress in the CL, yet the stats above mean he was shit to some.
He could link absolutely everything in the team, spread the play, be a 3rd or 4th hand pass in every goal, make space for others, and feed the full backs.....he could have a worldie. But the “numbers” didn’t match up on the graph.

Same way that he can be poor for ten games, but get an assist in every one of them.

Some fans don’t understand this, yet sit here trying to tell people how football works.

Numbers aren’t everything though and this is where some fans obsession makes them look silly.

Eriksen could have the game of his life, yet get no assists, no goals, make no tackles, no interceptions.
He could be the catalyst as we beat City away and progress in the CL, yet the stats above mean he was shit to some.
He could link absolutely everything in the team, spread the play, be a 3rd or 4th hand pass in every goal, make space for others, and feed the full backs.....he could have a worldie. But the “numbers” didn’t match up on the graph.

Same way that he can be poor for ten games, but get an assist in every one of them.

Some fans don’t understand this, yet sit here trying to tell people how football works.

It's kind ion funny isn't it how all the time he wasn't getting goals and assists, but still seeing the same (often more) ball as the last three games, still trying stuff etc, he was shit, the last three games he's still tried a lot of stuff that hasn't come off, been even less involved than some of those "shit" games,(some people are saying he wasn't great today) but now he's assisted three and scored in his last three (and a couple of those assists took a fair bit of effort from the scorer) you're calling him great again.

Seems your more of a "stat" man than an eye guy after all?

You call out others for stuff you get shown up for, in the hope that it deflects from the very same bollocks you peddle. Say it first then it makes it a bit harder for someone call you out for out it eh?

You are fucking great at twisting sentences and I'll give you your due, your bullshit is at least quite slick bullshit, but it's still bullshit.

Shock horror, our key creative midfielder gets an assist against a relegated team we score four against and perhaps should have scored six past. Was ok today but still well below his best. Few better options on the bench so stuck with him. Personally think his mind was made up several months ago that he is going. For all his good work I’m hacked off with his lack of interest and fight.

I'm not sure how 10 assists in 10 games could possibly be considered poor. Even if that assist was the one positive contribution he made in any of those games, the very fact that he made it in every single one of them proves his value to being on the pitch. If Kane scored 'only' one goal a game for 10 games in a row, he'd be considered the most in-form striker in Europe, regardless of whether or not he was quiet for most of those games.

Sure, numbers are not everything, but they provide context and insight into what some people judge solely by the eye. There's a reason why eye-witness testimony is considered the least reliable form of evidence. All you're really saying is that you're willing to dismiss clear, unbiased, statistical evidence if it contradicts what your own eyes are telling you.

Maybe it's time for an eye-test?

Back
Top Bottom