Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

... and I thought that was your role in life.. along with the other half-wits inhabiting this forum.

Unable to express themselves in words, they resort to one-liners, copious use of the 'Disagree' button and general abuse, without expressing any opinions of their own.

Go on, give us an opinion?
Ok, it's my opinion your a dick

(Edit for the typo nonse * you're )

Last edited:
What are you cunts arguing about? It isn’t obvious reading through the posts.

I hope Eriksen stays, but I imagine he only will if he’s on parity with Harry et al. That’s what I’d want if I was him.

If he’s been vaguely wise with his money he’s probably got £20m in the bank/assets by now. He can double that easy by the end of his career if he gets 200k a week.

So then it becomes a question. Do you spend all your best years at Spurs, maybe do something special and end your career with £40m in the bank, or;

do you high-tail it to Madrid, get 50% of the game time, undoubtedly win lots of trophies at the cost of a somewhat empty career, and finish with about £60m.

I dunno, but beyond £40m I imagine extra money has a decreasing rate of return in terms of worth to you and your life. At that point you’ve already got luxury houses around the world, investments, the cars and the yachts not to mention your grandchildren’s life of luxury secure. You’re basically just acquiring more for more’s sake.

Eriksen seems like a bright guy. If he is, he’ll realise that the life of the footballer is to spend the rest of your life sitting in your Sunseeker wishing you were still a footballer. So it really matters that you achieve all you can in your career and have no regrets. Is that at Spurs or in Spain? We’ll find out soon enough.

I'm sure some do. However many (most) don't. I thought I was advocating Eriksen pushing for a higher salary (either with us or elsewhere)!

You have no idea what my value system is! I have already stated that spiralling salaries are a bubble that will eventually correct itself(as markets do)

Oh well, back to insults. Presumably a return to five year plans and the greater Soviet will have you lining all dissidents up against a wall?

You still haven't answered the question: Who decides on the level of the cap? Please try to answer this as the only position you appear to have is to disagree with everything I write. (Again, your right to do so)

I hadn't mentioned salary caps.... Assumed that was directed at someone else.

I agree that it's a non-starter, but it has little to do with my earlier contradiction.

It's your single-minded outlook on people's motivations i refuted.

(Ditch the moaning about insults.... You're dishing more than enough out yourself .)

...Are we done?

This "They only have a short career to earn as much as possible" is a fucking laugh. He earns as much in a week as some people do in 10 years.

You seem oblivious to the fact that money isnt the be all and end all for everyone...

Ignorant.

I was talking about the man in the street.

It's a CHOICE not a compulsion.

Some people aren't primarily driven by money and a swish lifestyle. In fact financial compromise can lead to an improved quality of life if one's isnt governed by shopping, trends and shiny things.

Keep telling yourself otherwise tho....

My point is that it's fucking ridiculous to insinuate that footballers will struggle financially because their careers are only short.

Ramsey on his 400K PW will earn more in one year than the average bloke on 40K will in 30 plus years.

This is a ridiculous argument that gets recycled everytime we're meant to feel sorry for them earning all that money but only until they're 35 and stop playing then what do they do.

Well when they're 35 and stop playing they can always go get... you know a job like us plebs.

Yeah they're paid what they're worth, market dictates blah blah.

It's still fucking obscene and something needs to be done to stop it otherwise where does it end?

Footballs shite now, who gives a shit if City win the league, even City fans know deap down it's all a bit fake. The seasons only interesting because we're all hoping Liverpool slip up again and we're getting a new stadium.

Love my club, but hate football and footballers, selfish greedy cunts. Yeah Eriksens off, Tobys off fuck em, fuck feeling sorry for them because they won't get paid £200k or whatever once they retire.

You don't understand what I'm saying do you?

A MAN ON 400K PER WEEK IS NOT GOING TO STRUGGLE EVEN IF HIS CAREER IS A SHORT ONE.

Fucking hell man.

What would the best wage be for Erickson? 150K, 200K 250K? and then what? we have the rest of the team waiting outside Levi's office asking for a rise.

By the way, I can't see Ramsey earning more that his Welsh mate Bale!
State of this place sometimes, eh.

Of course footballers are paid too much money. And of course we at Tottenham Hotspur hold the moral high ground for refusing to succumb to such ridiculous demands.

And the way all these chairmen and CEO's are milking the gravy train too. They've all got their snouts in the trough of sky billions and £1,000 ST prices.

Nice to see us bucking the trend there too :sneaky:

Tottenham double amount paid to Daniel Levy for the year to more than £6m

Tottenham and Daniel Levy are the highest paid directors and chairmen in British football : coys

Tottenham Hotspur reveal season ticket prices for their new stadium | Daily Mail Online

We may not be able to keep players like Eriksen, or pay them market rate wages. But at least we're doing it the right way .

Of course footballers are paid too much money. And of course we at Tottenham Hotspur hold the moral high ground for refusing to succumb to such ridiculous demands.

And the way all these chairmen and CEO's are milking the gravy train too. They've all got their snouts in the trough of sky billions and £1,000 ST prices.

Tottenham and Daniel Levy are the highest paid directors and chairmen in British football : coys

Tottenham Hotspur reveal season ticket prices for their new stadium | Daily Mail Online

We may not be able to keep players like Eriksen. But at least we're doing it the right way .

Christ, you're boring..... EVERYTHING you moan at others for, you do in spades!

The point i was making was barely even about football (let alone Spurs transfer policy) yet somehow you shoehorn a bunch of unrelated quotes in as added vindication to your standard blinkered drivel about Levy and embezzlement.

If it sucks to be Spurs so bad then fuck off you abhorrent, disingenuous window licking cunt.

We may not be able to keep players like Eriksen, or pay them market rate wages. But at least we're doing it the right way .

Haven't been around that long, but this much seems obvious to me.....

giphy.gif

Haven't been around that long, but this much seems obvious to me.....

giphy.gif

Oh indeed... Mr Thomas is far from being a deep and diverse read. He crops up to make the same post every few days....

Always quick to attempt to groom a newbie too as' aside from his ever depleting band of sycophants, he's pretty much got zero credibility.

You know that equates to around £120k a week right? That's less than a fair few of our players and certainly less than many of the highest paid players in the league. Do you think those so called players put in the hours Levy does? I imagine most once training is finished, are either off player golf, gambling or increasing their income by promoting some shite somewhere.

You're taking another cunt off and raising it by a cunt off.

What would the best wage be for Erickson? 150K, 200K 250K? and then what? we have the rest of the team waiting outside Levi's office asking for a rise.

err... Yes. This is how a market works! The best wage for Eriksen is what someone will pay. I have no idea what it is but it's significantly north of the £65K a week we pay him. And yes, if others see him being paid it, they will want their share.

When deciding on an individuals remuneration there are three things to consider:

1) Inflation. How much does my salary need to go up to buy the same that I bought last year. At these stratospheric pay levels, inflation is irrelevant.

2) What others get paid (the market rate), so de Bruyne, Hazard, Salah get paid (very roughly) the same. So Sterling is not paid the same as James Tarkowski or Leighton Baines.

3) The ability of the employer to pay (this can be debt, PL money, a country, Mafia, ticket sales, TV money). Pay more than you can afford and (without a backer) you go bust.

These are facts. We can jump up and down and say that everyone should be paid the same, but life isn't like that.

Because Branson owns an island we all should own one?

I wonder where these reports of £110,000 p/w come from? How could anyone know?

Wasn't it also reported that we offered Toby £130,000 p/w though he wanted £180,000?

The only point I'm trying to make is that if we believe these reported figures then surely they don't stack up.

Toby 130 grand > Eriksen 110. At the VERY least Eriksen should be offered what we offered Toby.

If he’s been vaguely wise with his money he’s probably got £20m in the bank/assets by now. He can double that easy by the end of his career if he gets 200k a week.

Eriksen seems like he knows a thing or two. I imagine he has various investments and also many indorsements further adding to his income. Therefore I believe money wouldn't be his motivation. If his dream move to Barca or Madrid didn't materialize (I do understand it has been his desire to play for either and wouldn't blame him) Then I hope he would still have the ambition and love for us that he would like to stay and help us over the line.

Back to my original point. If the £110,000 offer is true it is an insult imo to a great player. He is now in his prime years and would be very difficult to replace with any money we received for him.

Back
Top Bottom