Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I like the last line..pochettino sees his future in london. Of course, barca aint approched him

I may be wrong, but hasn't he gone on the record to say as ex espanyol, barca aint for him?
He has. He said he'd never manage Barca and Woolwich out of respect to his current and former employers

Get the contract signed and watch him go from strength to strength.

I wouldn't be suprised to see him drop into a Modric role.

We're missing a little spark at times and I think there's only a few players in the league who could do it like Eriksen can.

If Moose goes then I can see it.

Edit to make sense!

Wouldn't mind seeing this, and particularly with our rumoured signings being more attacking mids I'd expect either Eriksen or Dele (or both) will be playing a deeper role next year.

This is all pointless, because we all know wife beater extraordinaire and former "Wanker of the week" Stan Collymore is packing up his Primark shopper bag full of money to arrive at Levy's door and put down £15 for the entire Spurs first team, but not signing Hugo as he has high hopes for Karius.

Wouldn't mind seeing this, and particularly with our rumoured signings being more attacking mids I'd expect either Eriksen or Dele (or both) will be playing a deeper role next year.
Not convinced. You need a powerful ball winner and space occupier like Dembele. Only team that I can think of to get away with it is Barca with generational ludicrous talent Xavi-Iniesta-Messi. Otherwise you need that Kante/Dembele/Henderson (lol) type force.

Not sure Eriksen would be as productive there. Dele could be one day if he muscled up. Definitely has the aggro attitude
:deledoubt:

Edit: Kante not Kanye...

Should have read the Eriksen thread yesterday. Am very pleased he's re-signed with us.
Huge signing, key member of the squad, and all that.
With him locked down for now, we should be able to move on to addressing other xfer business.

Not convinced. You need a powerful ball winner and space occupier like Dembele. Only team that I can think of to get away with it is Barca with generational ludicrous talent Xavi-Iniesta-Messi. Otherwise you need that Kante/Dembele/Henderson (lol) type force.

Not sure Eriksen would be as productive there. Dele could be one day if he muscled up. Definitely has the aggro attitude
:deledoubt:

Edit: Kante not Kanye...
Wanyama? Dier? Man City do it with Fernandinho, there are a number of players that could do the job. A midfield 3 of wanyama with dele and eriksen either side and a front 3 of Son - Kane - Moura gives me goosebumps on my balls.

It might not work, but it also might work :eriksenserious:

The Spanish press certainly seem to be loving the idea of Eriksen playing in La Liga. Mundo Deportivo recently 'reported' Eriksen's alleged interest in replacing Iniesta at Barcelona; and Marca have, today, claimed that Eriksen is being lined up to succeed Modric at Real.

Has he signed his contract extension yet?

Last edited:
The Spanish press certainly seem to be loving the idea of Eriksen playing in La Liga. Mundo Deportivo recently 'reported' Eriksen's alleged interest in replacing Iniesta at Barcelona; and Marca have, today, claimed that Eriksen is being lined up to succeed Modric at Real.

Has he signed his contract extension yet?
Marca claimed that Iniesta was moving to Madrid and put it on their front page, twice!
Their bullshitters of the highest degree.

Wish we'd hurry up and announce this supposed contract signing.

Barca and Madrid talk worry me. Those are two clubs that most would find irresistible.

Christian Eriksen asked about Real Madrid speculation

"I do not want to talk about rumors and the future," he is quoted as saying in BT as Denmark prepare for the tournament in Russia.

When the follow up question came about that Marca front page, Eriksen just replied emphatically "No!"

The only issue for Eriksen this summer, other than the World Cup, is that he is due to become a father imminently with his girlfriend set to give birth.

Denmark boss Aage Hareide said: "Obviously he has thoughts with his family, so we hope the child will come sooner rather than later.

"Christian likes to play soccer, so I'm not so worried about it. It's more the fact that he may have to leave when he gets the message, so it would be good to get it over with."

Eriksen explained: "I have the phone with me. Someone is holding it, so if something happens, I'll hear that. But when I'm on the pitch, I can focus on other things."

Christian Eriksen asked about Real Madrid speculation

"I do not want to talk about rumors and the future," he is quoted as saying in BT as Denmark prepare for the tournament in Russia.

When the follow up question came about that Marca front page, Eriksen just replied emphatically "No!"

The only issue for Eriksen this summer, other than the World Cup, is that he is due to become a father imminently with his girlfriend set to give birth.

Denmark boss Aage Hareide said: "Obviously he has thoughts with his family, so we hope the child will come sooner rather than later.

"Christian likes to play soccer, so I'm not so worried about it. It's more the fact that he may have to leave when he gets the message, so it would be good to get it over with."

Eriksen explained: "I have the phone with me. Someone is holding it, so if something happens, I'll hear that. But when I'm on the pitch, I can focus on other things."

I read that as the rumors are nonsense! I'm signing a new deal with Spurs

Back
Top Bottom