Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When he is on top form, he has no equal. Can't be coincidence that when we play our best, he is the chief architect. He's also showing some personality, although still quite calm, he has a very dry sense of humour. Such an important part of the team - all our creativity comes from him.
I agree - I think he has got a really good head on his shoulders, and with the possible exception of Harry, he is probably the last player I can see agitating for a move to a 'Galactico' side - he seems settled in London with his g/f and he has such maturity. A quiet man but vital presence in our team.

The sheer madness of Eriksen’s shot yesterday, the ball’s highest point...

DZusO0jXcAIHiTN

The sheer madness of Eriksen’s shot yesterday, the ball’s highest point...

DZusO0jXcAIHiTN
A lot of pundits were criticising Caballero yesterday, but I'm really not sure anyone could have saved it, despite being pretty central. I think it was nigh on impossible to judge the movement and dip (I didn't realise quite how high that ball was until I saw this pic) at that pace.

A lot of pundits were criticising Caballero yesterday, but I'm really not sure anyone could have saved it, despite being pretty central. I think it was nigh on impossible to judge the movement and dip (I didn't realise quite how high that ball was until I saw this pic) at that pace.
That's what they said on MOD

Besides all the usual amazing things you can say about Chris during this match, I loved his passion from his sensational strike.

I don’t think we’ve ever seen so much emotion from him in a celebration.

I'd say tied with the goal against Palace last season. But anyway fantastic goal yesterday. Seen it probably like 20 times by now.

i totally agreee the ball was going up and down and then right :roflmao: , caballero didn't know what to do and i don't blame him

Amazing goals like yesterday's aside, Eriksen is such an outstanding player. I can't believe how underrated he is in the media and with other fans still really. I'm not complaining but how is he not getting linked with a super club every day in the papers? I don't get it to be honest. This season as well he seems to have matured as a team player, he seems to be showing some leadership where perhaps he was more passive before, so he's telling players off, he's leading by example. Same with his national team. I think he's really gone up a level and I'm really looking forward to what he's going to do over the next couple of years.

Amazing goals like yesterday's aside, Eriksen is such an outstanding player. I can't believe how underrated he is in the media and with other fans still really. I'm not complaining but how is he not getting linked with a super club every day in the papers? I don't get it to be honest. This season as well he seems to have matured as a team player, he seems to be showing some leadership where perhaps he was more passive before, so he's telling players off, he's leading by example. Same with his national team. I think he's really gone up a level and I'm really looking forward to what he's going to do over the next couple of years.

Especially so when you consider the number of goals, assists and chances created - the eye-catching stuff that other fans usually notice. Plus, takes corners and free kicks. A good number of those goals were outside the box screamers as well (apparently no PL player has scored more from outside the box since 2013).

Anyone else notice him (and Lamela) totally ripping into Sonny even AS Dele was scoring the 3rd??

They alluded to it in the post match interview about Sonny not passing to Lamela... but still, shows the desire and commitment to lambast a team mate even THOUGH we scored! (I could be understood it more if Dele had've ended up missing, as Lamela would have been the better option....

Good sign of the players' maturity and focusing on the bigger picture though.

When he is on top form, he has no equal. Can't be coincidence that when we play our best, he is the chief architect. He's also showing some personality, although still quite calm, he has a very dry sense of humour. Such an important part of the team - all our creativity comes from him.
Jose will try and man mark him in the Semi. From memory he played Zouma at DM in the league cup final to nullify him.

Caballero thought it was well over. When he realized the dip it was too late and his feet were planted.

Let me have my say on little Eric. I have criticised him in the past but this season I cannot fault him.
He has improved a LOT! He needs space to cast his magic spells and he seems to find that space at will.
I don't want the little fella going into 50/50 tackles. He is far too important to us to risk injuring himself.
Two seasons ago I thought he wasn't good enough for Barca. Last season I thought he would slot into the
Barca midfield. This season I think he would enhance their team and that is a worry. He would improve
any team in the world to be honest. I would value Eriksen conservatively at £130m.
(I would still like to see him hit the gym though).

Last edited:
You can tell he's finally made it at Spurs, because people spell his name correctly.

Long gone are the days of Erikson, Ericssen and Erixen.

Ok, I made that last one up.

There’s posts on here by me a couple of years back saying I wasn’t that impressed. Could not have been more wrong. He’s now running our side like Modric did. With added goals and assists.

Perfect player.

There’s posts on here by me a couple of years back saying I wasn’t that impressed. Could not have been more wrong. He’s now running our side like Modric did. With added goals and assists.

Perfect player.

Hes hit a lot more goals and assists than Luka ever did, though to be fair, I'm not sure Modric was ever really afforded the freedom to get forward as much being positioned in the center of Redknapp's 4-4-2 and needing to cover for Huddlestone.

I'd still take Eriksen over Modric any day of the week though. I really don't understand how Barca hasn't bid 80m+ for him yet.

Back
Top Bottom