Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We don't have such luxuries?? We had TEN full internationals on the pitch, do me a favour - we have by far the better team on paper, stop making excuses for them mate fs

As a club do you honestly me think Tottenham have the same financial luxuries a team like Chelsea have?

Losing your two top goal outlets ain't an excuse mate, it's a fact. It would kill off most teams let's be honest.

Give them a couple of days off, get them back in Wednesday or something ready for a massive spell of fixtures starting with Wolves
Firstly with Jose as our manager the answer is it doesn’t matter. He will still play a Lo-block.

If, and for hypothetical sake, our manager was Rapp Hasslurtl, Naglesmann, Lampard, Poch, Klopp they would no doubt play Parrott, Dele, Bergwjin, Lucas. But they will be playing a stystem of football that will mitigate the loss. Just as Lampard did today and Naglesmann did during the week and Klopp has done when he couldn’t play Salah, Maine.

It’s not about the individuals, it’s about the system and how the team play as a collective.

For José it is all about the individual, it’s why he wants the season to be over.

Point of order sir ! Poch didn't play Parrott other than in the horrible Colchester game, so no reason to believe he would now.

Did we end up just bypassing the midfield and losing the second ball, which just brought the pressure back onto the team?

I will watch it later tonight, but I am just trying to get the picture because some posters were made to believe that Ndombele will change the way Jose plays football and I argue that will be hard when he doesn’t trust the idea of building up under pressure.

We tried some long balls yes but that wasnt the issue.

We played too deep, Chelsea pushed up and outnumbered us in midfield . As a result both N'dombele and winks were crowded out with no options and no chance. We didnt have an out ball either which didnt help.

I'm interested to know what you think when you see it but personally I fully blame Mourinho. He got the tactics so so wrong in my opinion.

Yeah but WE know its their cup final and WE don't rise to the occassion, we are like having a sniff at Margot Robbie and having a bad case of Mr Floppy.

WE know how much these cunts want to beat us, and WE know how much they take the piss when they do, but WE still can't get up for it.
Lamela and Lo Celso the only two giving a bit back today. It's shameful
Shame the fans know what the players don't...
Maybe the PLAYERS need to edure 25 years + of piss taking and Anti Semitic vitriol to TRULY realise just how much this fixture means.....
Or maybe they really don't give a shit!

Because we all go into work and tell everyone exactly what we think right? The only person who gets away with it is that c**t Carragher.

Good for Carragher (cunt!).... Mostly, the rest of them just peddle homogenised narrative re-inforcement; regurgitating the tabloid bullet-points and 'popular' (mis)conception.

I don't crave opinion... I'd prefer genuine insight and astute analysis. I don't care who's delivering it.

Last edited:
The pain of not having a striker is something we will live with every time we play for the rest of this season. So frustrating, this was totally avoidable.

Tell Levy to sell up and let someone with ambition to take over we’ve all had enough. 8th richest club in the world and no strikers and a team that don’t care, brilliant. #LevyOut
Oh God looking at your Avatar hurts my heart.😭

Point of order sir ! Poch didn't play Parrott other than in the horrible Colchester game, so no reason to believe he would now.

If Parrott ain't ready he ain't ready. People say what do we have to lose by playing him? We could throw a kid in who can't handle it yet and ruin him before he's even started. I think Mourinho has seen his fair share of strikers to know when one can hack it at a certain time or not, intrist his judgement on this one until things have changed with Troy.

As a club do you honestly me think Tottenham have the same financial luxuries a team like Chelsea have?

Losing your two top goal outlets ain't an excuse mate, it's a fact. It would kill off most teams let's be honest.

Chelsea had a transfer ban and have a lot of youth in their squad atm - our team is more experienced and contains better players imo. We have got a lot of talent in the last two windows and enough experience and class to play football better than a championship plodder side which is what we looked like AGAIN today, Missing strikers or not. Giroud had one goal in a year before today and alonso hasnt been playing and we let both score as expected, the only surprise was fucking Barkley didnt get one.

We should NOT be being totally and utterly dominated by that chelsea side who have been struggling for ages, their only other big win the last three months was at our fucking gaff.

Depressing and shocking performance and tactics and it isnt just today, our wins are down to luck and hoping someone bangs a goal in.

Chelsea had a transfer ban and have a lot of youth in their squad atm - our team is more experienced and contains better players imo. We have got a lot of talent in the last two windows and enough experience and class to play football better than a championship plodder side which is what we looked like AGAIN today, Missing strikers or not. Giroud had one goal in a year before today and alonso hasnt been playing and we let both score as expected, the only surprise was fucking Barkley didnt get one.

We should NOT be being totally and utterly dominated by that chelsea side who have been struggling for ages, their only other big win the last three months was at our fucking gaff.

Depressing and shocking performance and tactics and it isnt just today, our wins are down to luck and hoping someone bangs a goal in.

We have no fit striker or backup striker, I honestly don't understand how people don't see how hard that will make it for us. We've had to play half a season with a backup GK, have only really started seeing anything from one of our £150ma worth of summer investments in Lo Celso and I hate to break it to you but the only reason Chelsea had a transfer ban is because they were being underhanded to attract the top youth, the same youth they had to rely on.

Without a striker you're half defeated before you even walk onto the pitch. Anything we achieve from now until the end of the season or until one or the other is back is a bonus mate. That's just how football goes without a killer on the pitch.

Much like the Leipzig game, nothing surprising. We did the best we could with our situation, they scored two outstanding goals, and that was it.

5th will be a huge struggle.

There are no quick fixes here.

Against Villa, we tried to press and OK we scored 3 goals but we conceded 2 against a pretty poor side. Would that approach have worked today - very doubtful given Chelsea's greater quality.

For this game, it is fair to think the fatigue factor was also in Mourinho's mind and hence he reverted to sitting deeper and counter attacking, a style that requires less energy. Totally understandable, but the reality is our defence isn't good enough to pull that off consistently.

Now is not the time to judge Mourinho - there are a lot of factors he can't control at play. The fact we are even in with a shout of CL is pretty miraculous.
He does not do miracles unfortunately. Don't get on his back. for the team's failings. He was offered massive money and he nievely thought He could do a job . On a lighter note, did I see him turning up for the RBL game wearing jeans? Good thing he wasn't trying to get into hospitality

Just got caught up with the match. We are garbage, definitely not a top 4 team. We'll be lucky to get 5th. Every game we look largely inferior to the opposition, regardless of the result, regardless of who the opposition is. They all pass around us effortlessly like we are barely there, they all take the piss out of us and the commentators/pundits/journalist all laugh at us for being so shit. I'm sick of watching this turgid garbage.
Dont be daft, we are on the verge of greatness with levy at the wheel.

We have no fit striker or backup striker, I honestly don't understand how people don't see how hard that will make it for us. We've had to play half a season with a backup GK, have only really started seeing anything from one of our £150ma worth of summer investments in Lo Celso and I hate to break it to you but the only reason Chelsea had a transfer ban is because they were being underhanded to attract the top youth, the same youth they had to rely on.

Without a striker you're half defeated before you even walk onto the pitch. Anything we achieve from now until the end of the season or until one or the other is back is a bonus mate. That's just how football goes without a killer on the pitch.
It would not of mattered if we had a striker or not on the pitch we have won once in 30 years there, a record matched by illustrious clubs like West ham and Bournemouth this is our beloved spurs legacy.

We tried some long balls yes but that wasnt the issue.

We played too deep, Chelsea pushed up and outnumbered us in midfield . As a result both N'dombele and winks were crowded out with no options and no chance. We didnt have an out ball either which didnt help.

I'm interested to know what you think when you see it but personally I fully blame Mourinho. He got the tactics so so wrong in my opinion.

Becoming a theme. Too stubborn to even put parrot on the bench. Even give him a few minutes game time. He "isn't ready" well how's he going to be ready???

Back
Top Bottom