Chelsea v Tottenham Hotspur (A) Sat., 22.2.2020 (12:30)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

15 millions quid a year

FrenchEveryEmu-size_restricted.gif
Easy money for him & he likes london. Levy got levy'd.

Kane and Son would've destroyed this team in the first half..ppl need to stop blaming mourinho lol. You could have Simeone and he could hardly have done any better given the squad

A number of things went wrong for us today.

First of all the injuries to Son & Kane. With Kane we would have had someone who can hold the ball up and bring in players plus when he's in and around the box he'll take the shot rather than faffing around and being indecisive. Son would have given us someone who runs in behind.

Playing 5 at the back I would have started Sess & Aurier as the WB as they have the pace and energy to get up and down plus they would have helped us overload the midfield. My CBs would then have been Toby, Davo & Tanganga. Also, Dele should have started up top with Bergwijn playing off him. Lucas doesn't have the brains, the ball control or passing to play up top. He could have done a job as an impact sub.

The more you look at the GLC foul the more it looks like a red, we've had a lot worse red card decisions go against us this season including the Mount challenge on Dier (I think) when we played them at home.

We keep laughing at Chelsea, West Ham and all the other teams as we are their cup final and they always raise their games against us. This isn't a secret so our players need to up their effort. To an extent, I can deal with playing badly but I can't deal with players walking around feeling sorry for themselves. GLC, Lamela, Winks & Tanganga are the only fit players who always give everything when playing for us. There may be better players in our team but talent means nothing if you're not willing to put in the work.

I'm still confident on CL football assuming Man City are disqualified. We've got over a week until our next game so plenty of time to rest, reassess and be ready for a good Wolves team.

What does the money have to do with anything? Ndombele cost £65m but was outplayed by Mason Mount today.
Seems to mean everything when criticising Levy.

I think at home, we can compete with a Leipzig team without their first 3 CB’s injured. I don’t think that’s preposterous.

Its worse than that. Levy has left us with an average team with lots of holes & flaws.

It's not only about that I'm afraid. Chelski had holes today and they beat us. Some people here are looking for simple answers (I've been doing this myself for a while), but our problems seem to lie deeper.

Really? I remember a back 4 with Dier/ Vic dropping in to cover

Dier / Toby / Jan
Walker / Vic / Dembele / Davies
Eriksen / Dele
Kane
@Mindnumb spamming 'dissagrees' in the face of facts though, like a champ

If you recall, Conte went 3atb early doors and we followed suit not long after as we were (ironically) struggling for goals... It was the year that 3CBs became in-vogue again.

Wolves at home in 8 days time is going to be a big game

Players will all be fresh after a week's rest.

All about how we set up tactically to give ourselves best chance to score goals, as we will concede goals with the defence we have.

There are no quick fixes here.

Against Villa, we tried to press and OK we scored 3 goals but we conceded 2 against a pretty poor side. Would that approach have worked today - very doubtful given Chelsea's greater quality.

For this game, it is fair to think the fatigue factor was also in Mourinho's mind and hence he reverted to sitting deeper and counter attacking, a style that requires less energy. Totally understandable, but the reality is our defence isn't good enough to pull that off consistently.

Now is not the time to judge Mourinho - there are a lot of factors he can't control at play. The fact we are even in with a shout of CL is pretty miraculous.

Seems to mean everything when criticising Levy.

I think at home, we can compete with a Leipzig team without their first 3 CB’s injured. I don’t think that’s preposterous.

We did compete, we lost 1-0 and had the same shots on target as them. Not competing is losing 7-2 and getting DESTROYED with your best XI. Not an injury ravaged team scrapping away and losing to one mistake.

Back
Top Bottom