Champions League Round of 16 Draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who did the scum get?

can’t find their draw anywhere.

mr bean swag GIF

So list the easier and harder draws?

We are good enough to beat them. Good enough to be favorites? That’s debatable.

No one’s saying they’ll be a walk in the park, but based on the 7 teams we could have drawn, it’s not the toughest option either.
Fair enough but some people in here are acting like it's going to be a walk in the park. It's 60/40 in our favor with both teams fully fit. I've yet to see us show up this season against a solid team.

Why don't we just buy all of AC Milan good players, give them Emerson. Then proceed to watch Emerson put in absolute worldie of a performance against us.

Maybe we should loan them Tanganga too as they wanted him.

Really interesting draw this.

Final probably City v PSG but could just as easily be Spurs v Benfica

Tournaments innit, think our diabolical last gasp football might serve us well. How do you play a team that wants to go 2-0 down in the first half? Nobody expects us to keep using the same terrible strategy….which is what makes it such a brilliant strategy

BountifulDisfiguredHectorsdolphin-size_restricted.gif

better lb, better lw on form, better defence, other then that i agree
They've conceded 14 in Serie A. We've conceded 18 in the PL. Don't know that I'd credit them with a better defence.

Anyway, happy with the draw. We will be favoured to win it, but they should be good matches against a historic club that we have some history with. That's what the CL is all about.

They've conceded 14 in Serie A. We've conceded 18 in the PL. Don't know that I'd credit them with a better defence.

Anyway, happy with the draw. We will be favoured to win it, but they should be good matches against a historic club that we have some history with. That's what the CL is all about.
Exactly. You want to play the big names. Not Red Bull something.

Made up with this draw, Milan have always been my Italian team after a day trip on an Italian holiday back in the 90’s. Saw the stadium and got a shirt but never seen them play except for on the telly.

Obviously, hope we smash them. Won’t be easy but it’s a proper Champions League match and I need to get to one of these!

They are not brilliant. How did they do against Chelski?
They are not brilliant but for us its a brilliant draw.
Not saying they’re brilliant but I don’t think Chelsea is a good example of how good they are considering they were missing first team players and their depth players for that game. They had third stringers starting and youth players on the bench in both games against them. Just to name a few, Maignan, Hernandez, Calabria (their captain), Messias, Salemakers, Florenzi, Kjaer & Zlatan Ibrahimovic all unavailable.

I wouldn’t say the Italian champions are a brilliant draw for us, I think people are underestimating how good they are at full strength. It should be a great tie and if our recent form is anything to go by I wouldn’t be confident in beating a full strength Milan at all.

I wouldn’t say the Italian champions are a brilliant draw for us, I think people are underestimating how good they are at full strength. It should be a great tie and if our recent form is anything to go by I wouldn’t be confident in beating a full strength Milan at all.

Its 3months away, it won’t.

We have 3 forwards who are taking huge roles for their countries at the World Cup (if Richarlison And Son both make it), that will be long passed and hopefully Sons malaise will have, plus that inner call that is surely hindering Kane and most others nearer 30 (or +).

Suspect we will see many teams change quite dramatically post the World Cup, hopefully ours most!

Back
Top Bottom