Champions League Round of 16 Draw

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like I am taking the wife to Milan for Valentine’s Day
Boy will she get surprised when you end up at San Siro!

No Problem Reaction GIF

Complete guess, but 350-400?
The last time we played at the San Siro in 2018-19 the allocation was 5,000 and the cut-off was 410. Allocation should be the same.

Edit: Don’t panic! I don’t know where I got that figure from, but it was rubbish. All ST holders and all members who applied in 2018-19 were successful.

Last edited:
The last time we played at the San Siro in 2018-19 the allocation was 5,000 and the cut-off was 410. Allocation should be the same.

Edit: Don’t panic! I don’t know where I got that figure from, but it was rubbish. All ST holders and all members who applied in 2018-19 were successful.
Wow. I didn't expect that. Do we think that'll be the same for this one? btw I'm happy to go out and get tix on spec with the locals if need be but it would be just great to be in the away end with 5,000 there.

Wow. I didn't expect that. Do we think that'll be the same for this one? btw I'm happy to go out and get tix on spec with the locals if need be but it would be just great to be in the away end with 5,000 there.
No I don’t think it will be the same. 2018-19 was a group match and this is last 16. There are more than 5,000 ST holders on >300 points, plus you’ve got players, "premium season ticket holders”, sponsors, etc. So even with a 5,000 allocation you're probably looking at a cutoff of >300, but since Chelsea only got 4,369 for their game v AC Milan recently we may not even get 5,000 this time.

I went to that game.

Plenty of empty seats in our end. We didn't sell out.

This time we will, but cut off around the 340 mark I reckon. Think it's half term too so that might influence things.

No I don’t think it will be the same. 2018-19 was a group match and this is last 16. There are more than 5,000 ST holders on >300 points, plus you’ve got players, "premium season ticket holders”, sponsors, etc. So even with a 5,000 allocation you're probably looking at a cutoff of >300, but since Chelsea only got 4,369 for their game v AC Milan recently we may not even get 5,000 this time.
Lots of speculation on Twitter that ,in accordance with Italian law , tickets for the game in Milan will have the holders name printed on them and this will be cross checked against your passport on the day of the game.No match, no admission.If this is true it will mean the required ticketing points will be substantially lower.
Good idea imo as it really helps stop the ticketing points hoarders who just buy to get the points then sell on the tickets.As an example the ticketing points required for Forest tomorrow evening was 329-I met about ten people in the pub on Sunday who don’t have that many points but are going to this game-it’s a disgrace ( though I do understand that the point hoarders are desperate to maintain their place at the top of the list).

Lots of speculation on Twitter that ,in accordance with Italian law , tickets for the game in Milan will have the holders name printed on them and this will be cross checked against your passport on the day of the game.No match, no admission.If this is true it will mean the required ticketing points will be substantially lower.
Good idea imo as it really helps stop the ticketing points hoarders who just buy to get the points then sell on the tickets.As an example the ticketing points required for Forest tomorrow evening was 329-I met about ten people in the pub on Sunday who don’t have that many points but are going to this game-it’s a disgrace ( though I do understand that the point hoarders are desperate to maintain their place at the top of the list).
Yes this was certainly true the last time we played there.

Stewards were checking passports.

Had a bit of a nightmare with local police. They weren't letting anything into the ground, many people lost phone chargers, battery packs, expensive cameras etc.

Lucky to progress from the easiest group of the tournament. We'll do well to get any further.
But it wasn’t. All 4 teams in our group are ranked higher in elo than all but Athletico Madrid and Porto in group B.

We had
spurs -15
Frankfurt -26
Marseille - 40
Sporting - 45

City’s group had 2 better top teams and Sevilla at 43 and Copenhagen at 103.

Half of these groups just have 2 high rated teams and 2 long shots. Is that any better than 4 decent teams?

Was it the easiest to win? You’d have a point here because there was no dominant team.

Was it the easiest to advance? Not at all, because there was no weak team.

So list the easier and harder draws?

We are good enough to beat them. Good enough to be favorites? That’s debatable.

No one’s saying they’ll be a walk in the park, but based on the 7 teams we could have drawn, it’s not the toughest option either.
Are we going to have to come from behind twice...?

when did the club start wearing all white during european matches?
Without looking it up, 'coz I can't be bothered, our first European campaign was the European Cup in 1961/62, and from the limited tv coverage at the time, we wore all white then. Think it was something to do with Real Madrid being the best team around at the time and it was some sort of tribute - can't imagine that happening today!

Back
Top Bottom