You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Competition Champions League 2018-19

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Super Jan Fan, 9 May 2018.

1. Park Lane Mark Twain

We are the underdogs. Currently only Porto and Ajax are longer shots than us so we can't have expectations that surpass that. If people start saying we haven't got enough mentality to get over the line etc because we lose a two legged tie against a team that's spent X10 more than us over the last decade they're fooling themselves.

We need to focus on the league, that's most important than the Champions League now. We get a free hit at it and should be going in to the tie as fans with no expectations. If we can rattle them and get a good result first leg it'll be a bonus.

A positive result against them in the league is more inpoimpor than a positive result against them in these two games. Got to keep that Champions League consistency going as the years go by

2. Nikesh

That probably didn't need saying and was fairly obvious. Also where is maths? We can't even beat Burnley and Southampton playing like we did....against Burnley and Southampton:pocheyes:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Kaner Owns Woolwich

Remember Shitty is endorsed by Drake aka the kiss of death. We’ll smash em. Whose next?

We should have went out in the groups. We’re freerolling, got nothing to lose with zero expectations. Which makes us the most dangerous team left IMO

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. CroSpurs

holy shit

5. Totti

Chess extraordinaire

It didn't even look in.

• Agree x 1
  6. Notabadsquad

Llorente at 30 absolutely. Was still superb. Now. Hmmmm...

I said this game because what City's central defenders do not like is physicality and pace.

It's not about names but styles

That's why Sterling being absent in either game would be such a boost to us. This season their best player.

7. CroSpurs

This could be bullshit, but that was my first thought when I was watching the game.

8. Totti

Chess extraordinaire

What I don't understand is why they changed the goal line in the review footage. Odd.

9. Nabil Bentaleb

We start off with high hopes, then we bottle it.

Man when you look into it.

10. Park Lane Mark Twain

I don't believe UEFA, FIFA or whoever has the final say would tamper with the technology on such huge, easy to expose scales.

Refs getting bribed or footballers taking one on the chin for some dough I get, officials taking backhanders from countries to host a big tournament likewise but editing goal lines and the size of the ball so it fits within their desired outcome should by the very slim chance the ball possibly creep over the line or be borderline and they can use this to their advantage I honestly don't think so or buy it.

What's more likely is the person who has tweeted that has done a little editing of his own to make his tweet have substance and get hits. The effort it would take to short notice alter so many things on the basis that the ball was exactly that amount over the line in that particular moment or piece of play I don't buy.

Of all the things dodgy in football I don't think goaline technology is one of them

11. Totti

Chess extraordinaire

Theres zero editing in terms of the goal line.

Here are screens:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Odd because the goal line HAS to be same thickness as the posts, it's in the rule book. So why they've tampered with the goal line and it's thickness is beyond me.

12. sammyspurs

Anyone know what bluemoon is saying?

13. Park Lane Mark Twain

Are these real shots from the night or a little online editing though? If UEFA & FIFA wanted to leverage bias surely the non-introduction of VAR would have been easier for them to do so.

Get a dodgy ref, get him to give the 50/50s the way you want, no worries etc.

Ajax scored a goal when VAR favoured them when it looked like a throw in a week or so earlier. Do people honestly believe that if there is corruption going on that a. Real Madrid wouldn't be involved and b. Ajax would be having a swindle? Personally I think it's all about using certain evidence to back an agenda without looking at the whole picture. Some information or evidence is completely ignored because it doesn't suit someone's agenda when looking for a theory.

Foul play in football perhaps, but with goalline technology it doesn't add up to me

• Agree x 2
  14. sammyspurs

Just checked bluemoon...largely confident but respectful
    Fair enough.

• Agree x 1
  15. King Mousa

Man City is a difficult draw but don't forget we beat Real Madrid last season - a team who have won this competition 3 times in a row and 4 times in the last 5 years. We've also drawn away to Real, Juve (who have got to 2 finals recently) and Barca (who have won it a few years ago). Man City are no way near that level. So although Man City are favourites over us it will still be tight over those 2 legs.

16. Totti

Chess extraordinaire

Exactly the same shots mate.

Here's a vid from the official CL twitter page.

Which shows the dodgy line.

Camera angles are incredible.

17. fogueres

I agree, it will be very complicated for MCity too. Last year in CL they were slaughtered by Liverpool. Two years ago killed by the Monaco. Only 3 years ago they were defeated by Real Madrid: they are difficult but without a big tradition in CL.

The Totthenam has the qualities to play it.

• Like x 1
  18. Park Lane Mark Twain

The lines thickness definitely changes in their official tweet which is pretty shambolic really. A journalist worth his or her's bread should be following up on this, even though I don't think it's made a difference the goal. Can't be having 1980s Amstrad lines for such high tech equipment. Ridiculous

19. Cranston

I’m all for our MPs being lizards, but I can’t buy UEFA running some real-time heist on goal line technology.

• Agree x 2
  20. Park Lane Mark Twain

Last year Man City lost to a Liverpool team that finished below us in the league. Since that game they've added one player, Mahrez.

They'll be favourites but as you've highlighted they are far from invincible in this competition.

• Like x 4
Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info