Champions League 2018-19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree, it will be very complicated for MCity too. Last year in CL they were slaughtered by Liverpool. Two years ago killed by the Monaco. Only 3 years ago they were defeated by Real Madrid: they are difficult but without a big tradition in CL.

The Totthenam has the qualities to play it.

Last year Man City lost to a Liverpool team that finished below us in the league. Since that game they've added one player, Mahrez.

They'll be favourites but as you've highlighted they are far from invincible in this competition.

Last year Man City lost to a Liverpool team that finished below us in the league. Since that game they've added one player, Mahrez.

They'll be favourites but as you've highlighted they are far from invincible in this competition.

Paradoxically, Liverpool is a very dangerous team in CL. It has the same tradition as Milan ( not that of recent years ) in Italy.

While it's nice to have the moral high ground, something to cling on but unfortunately there isn't a trophy for "doing it the right way"
The media , other fans , the world don't give a fuck . We are all praying for a miracle but our past history in crunch games leaves us with only a small chance of beating the oil men mercenaries .
True. If you won the lottery would you say well I didn't earn the ££ so it's hollow & means nothing. Or think woohoo I'm rich!

Stop fucking moaning it’s a CL quarter, one leg will be under the lights at WHL, and City will bring a massive noisy contingent.

It’s going to be magic.

So what if we play them every season...not in the CL we don’t.
The reward is a semi against Ajax or Juve.

This is our season, in all it’s glory. Try and remember that when thinking it’s all shit. The CL is a massive chink of light for us, I don’t care who we get from here on in.

Bang on !!!
Couldn't agree more.

I absolutely cannot wait.I am bouncing up and down already. Can you imagine what the sound and atmosphere will
be like. It will be amazing.
It is the quarter finals of the CL at our brand new stadium. What a fantastic experience to look forward to.

I am biased, but I really thought we deserved a point against them at the start of the season.

City are beatable.

We can beat City.

We can win the Champions League.

Come on you Spurs fans !

Really think this is when we stick that “Harry Kane team” remark back in peps face.

Need to create an atmosphere like the Woolwich 5-1 semi.
And if you see someone getting thrown out of the North stand middle tier for persistent standing that will probably be me. Fuck sitting down for this one. (I chose the back row sitting against concrete for a reason)

100% have to make the Lane a cauldron of noise.

Let’s all believe :tobyarm::pochohshit:

So Ajax are going to beat Juventus then........

The Juventus is theoretically favored: Ajax has a lot of talent but little experience. But we must always be very careful: they have nothing to lose. They have already eliminated Real Madrid. In CL not only the big names count, the attitude is important (in addition to luck). Wanda's Juventus was embarrassing, giving up. Juventus Stadium Juventus was spectacular in intensity and desire to win.

Never underestimate anyone in the final phase of the CL. In the groups it is easier to recover, after it is complicated.

Way too much wrist slitting going on here. It's tough to get ahead of City in the league because of the strength in depth their Sheik's money gives them, but in a CL game it's 11vs11. De Bruyne may be out, Fernandinho is currently injured and Aguero is long overdue a hamstring. We're hopefully not far off full fitness and there's not that much in the teams.

This is a coach vs coach and crowd vs crowd battle. Klopp and Anfield beat Pep and the Etihad last year so no reason why Poch and the New Stadium can't do it this year.

So basically the most difficult draw bar Barcelona...

> The atmosphere in the new stadium will be incredible.
> We're lucky that the home leg is first.

Not saying it's likely to happen, but we need to hope for those two things to create a cauldron in the first leg and bite their faces off like Liverpool did last year.

Looking on the bright side, City do seem to have a 'block' when it comes to the Champions League. They've messed up games at this stage that they really shouldn't have.

Back
Top Bottom