Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

86 points is our max if we win all our games. If we win all our games we would take points off all the top 3. The only concern is that there is one top 3 fixture left which is man city v the scum where either could drop points. So to win the the league we'd have to go on a incredible run and hope the top 3 also drop points outside of fixtures against us.

convincing.png
I like that strip. And i know i have been reading those before. But can't recall the site where I can find it. Do you have a link?

I know in the premier league there is no such thing as an easy game but ….. but
Fulham, Luton,West Ham, forest and Newcastle right now are all very beatable….
Just saying

86 points is the maximum we can get, so it's EXTREMELY unlikely. Historically we can win all games apart from two, Chelsea away and Liverpool away. I reckon we finish the season at around the 78 point mark. That November run completely ruined our chances.

No, it will be City or Liverpool.

I think fourth is ours now.

To win it we would have to win every game and would still be relying on three teams to drop nine points each.

And let's be real we won't win at Anfield for starters

Realistically the top are going well and very difficult to see them dropping many points at this stage the way they are playing and getting results .We have still a battle for top four ,some real tough matches to play .

No date the Chelsea postponed match yet.
They're waiting to see if we're still in with a shout of finishing 4th, or (even more terrifying for them) disturbing the Top 3...

If we lose a couple in the next few weeks, and are no longer a threat, they'll reschedule it in some empty week...

If we go on a run, and are 'in danger' of spoiling the Top 3 Title Super Sunday Showdown in May, then they'll shoehorn it in between the Man City & Woolwich games, to try and make sure we potentially lose all three!!

...anything to help lubricate their Top Three Title wankfest!

They're waiting to see if we're still in with a shout of finishing 4th, or (even more terrifying for them) disturbing the Top 3...

If we lose a couple in the next few weeks, and are no longer a threat, they'll reschedule it in some empty week...

If we go on a run, and are 'in danger' of spoiling the Top 3 Title Super Sunday Showdown in May, then they'll shoehorn it in between the Man City & Woolwich games, to try and make sure we potentially lose all three!!

...anything to help lubricate their Top Three Title wankfest!

There's only two or so available mid weeks they can fit it in...

Issue is, they also have to schedule in Woolwich and if they beat Leicester at the weekend, they'll also have to fit in Brighton too.

There's only two or so available mid weeks they can fit it in...

Issue is, they also have to schedule in Woolwich and if they beat Leicester at the weekend, they'll also have to fit in Brighton too.
In that case, they'll probably reschedule it on the morning of the NLD... assuming that'll be on telly at 4pm

12:30; Chelsea v Spurs
16:00; Spurs v Woolwich

That's a full 2 hours of recovery - allowing for 15 minutes of injury time, or until Chelsea score the winner... (We can warm down on the coach from Stamford Bridge to N17)

Totally doable, I don't see the problem!

Last edited:
86 points is our max if we win all our games. If we win all our games we would take points off all the top 3. The only concern is that there is one top 3 fixture left which is man city v the scum where either could drop points. So to win the the league we'd have to go on a incredible run and hope the top 3 also drop points outside of fixtures against us.
I agree with you but a lot can happen in ten (eleven) games. The top 3 will all drop points. Say we beat Fulham this weekend and Brighton get a point against Liverpool. Woolwich and City draw. We are then 2 points closer to all of them (who we still play) and with a game in hand too, and it then starts looking more plausible even if still unlikely.

I agree with you but a lot can happen in ten (eleven) games. The top 3 will all drop points. Say we beat Fulham this weekend and Brighton get a point against Liverpool. Woolwich and City draw. We are then 2 points closer to all of them (who we still play) and with a game in hand too, and it then starts looking more plausible even if still unlikely.
Jim Carrey Chance GIF

Liverpool and City are and regularly capable of winning 10 on the bounce.
In the PL era, we have never done it. Not even at our title challenging best between 16-18

Back
Top Bottom