Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Liverpool are 8 points ahead of us but Klopp's bombshell that he plans to resign at the end of the season makes me wonder if that will have an effect on Liverpool's team morale. They are also still involved in four competitions so they will have a much heavier fixture list than us. Teams can and have dropped high leads at the top of the table before.

Man City still have Europe and the FA Cup and I feel they have a weaker team compared to last season. Gundoan is a massive loss and if we'd had Son, Bissouma and a fully fit Maddison last night, I think we would have won.

Not worried about Woolwich or Aston Villa. Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United are nowhere.

While it is a long shot, I think we are better placed to win the league this season than we have been for years. If we get our full team back and put a good run of form together, it could happen.

COYS

Agreed it’s a long shot but why not at least go for it, otherwise let’s just give up. It really annoyed me that the ITV commentator Twatterface last night was saying that that was our last chance if silverware last night. We’re literally three points behind Citeh, and they were saying that all four trophies were still up for grabs for them. It is so annoying to be written off because ‘Well, it’s Spurs’ but I just hope the team can use that as motivation.

Yes!

Will we?

Chances are, probably not.

But next season, with a full squad and maybe one or two additions, Ange with a whole season experience with this squad, Liverpool being under a new manager and Woolwich being the bottlers we know they are....... I think it will be a great opportunity for us to give it a go.

Not for me. City showed last night that they are head & shoulders above any other team. Personally, I think we will finish 4th which I would be happy with & gives us a good foundation to bring in a few more players in the Summer to improve our starting 11 & kick on from there

Agreed it’s a long shot but why not at least go for it, otherwise let’s just give up. It really annoyed me that the ITV commentator Twatterface last night was saying that that was our last chance if silverware last night. We’re literally three points behind Citeh, and they were saying that all four trophies were still up for grabs for them. It is so annoying to be written off because ‘Well, it’s Spurs’ but I just hope the team can use that as motivation.
Yes - he said the same thing on Talksport yesterday morning, before the game. He's not fit for the job.

Winning the League is still a mathematical possibility :)

I think the fact this thread is even being made heading into February is a testament to how good we have been this season and could potentially grow to be.

8 points with 17 games to play is nothing really. All it takes is Liverpool to drop points against Chelsea and Woolwich in their next two and for us to take maximum points and by the end of next weekend we half that gap. This season has already shown anything can happen.

I don't think we will win it of course. I don't believe any Spurs fan thinks that. But the direction is upwards.

I know Liverpool are 8 points ahead of us but Klopp's bombshell that he plans to resign at the end of the season makes me wonder if that will have an effect on Liverpool's team morale. They are also still involved in four competitions so they will have a much heavier fixture list than us. Teams can and have dropped high leads at the top of the table before.

Man City still have Europe and the FA Cup and I feel they have a weaker team compared to last season. Gundoan is a massive loss and if we'd had Son, Bissouma and a fully fit Maddison last night, I think we would have won.

Not worried about Woolwich or Aston Villa. Chelsea, Newcastle and Man United are nowhere.

While it is a long shot, I think we are better placed to win the league this season than we have been for years. If we get our full team back and put a good run of form together, it could happen.

COYS
That's not how football Liverpool works...

They'll use this as some kind of divine motivation to "Win it for Klopp" ™®©LFC
...they'll have banners, and t-shirts printed... It'll be relentless from now till May... Not to mention the "REVENGE MATCH" against us, when all wrongs will be righted...

It
Is
Written!

Not for me. City showed last night that they are head & shoulders above any other team. Personally, I think we will finish 4th which I would be happy with & gives us a good foundation to bring in a few more players in the Summer to improve our starting 11 & kick on from there

City didn’t show me that last night tbh.

I think we will beat them at home in the league.

We played pre season shit last night. Not sure they have many more levels to go up from that.

Of course we can, but I don't think we will. I reckon if anything Klopp stepping down will galvanize Liverpool, while obviously City will come home strong, IMO it'll be and the scum battling for 3rd.

City didn’t show me that last night tbh.

I think we will beat them at home in the league.

We played pre season shit last night. Not sure they have many more levels to go up from that.

Lack of presence in the middle for the most part, I'd say. It felt like City had an extra man on the pitch for most of the game.

In the home game we'll have Sarr and Bissouma available. Maddison too. A midfield much more capable of controlling and dominating the game.

Defensively we were fine. It's everything in front of that last night that will need to go up a level or two. I also feel quietly confident about the league fixture.

I think the fact this thread is even being made heading into February is a testament to how good we have been this season and could potentially grow to be.

8 points with 17 games to play is nothing really. All it takes is Liverpool to drop points against Chelsea and Woolwich in their next two and for us to take maximum points and by the end of next weekend we half that gap. This season has already shown anything can happen.

I don't think we will win it of course. I don't believe any Spurs fan thinks that. But the direction is upwards.
We need two sides to shit the bed as well as Goons and Villa to drop off. Big ask, we’ve got a chance of catching Liv and there’s a chance of City drifting but the chances of both are low

We need two sides to shit the bed as well as Goons and Villa to drop off. Big ask, we’ve got a chance of catching Liv and there’s a chance of City drifting but the chances of both are low

Hence the words :

I don't think we will win it

Back
Top Bottom