Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You’d think we are the only team that doesn’t defend well or have players that don’t play well.
Liverpool finding out what it’s like to not have their big players on the pitch!

I think performance-wise they've been a real mix-bag all season.

Arse have looked steadier than them; albeit not as intimidating on an attacking level.

Exactly what I'm saying.

If that was Romero and Vicario, this place would fall apart in despair.

Even great players (and the Liverpool pair are) make mistakes and can have shockers. This title race will be about who manages the fuck ups mentally more than who fucks up the least.

Which is why there's only one winner.

As long as we get 2nd we will get it retrospectively when city get banned for eternity!
“Champions retrospectively, your never sing that!”
:mickyarm:

Yeh, first point of order is Madz, Biss & Bentancur to get back into form and starting to control the midfield battle again.

So long as we can do that I think that buys Sonny a little time to refresh.

It's where we've struggled the most lately for me. Particularly first half Saturday. Bents not quite at it yet. Understandable after the injuries though and he'll get there I'm sure.
Shame because when all fit and firing I think we've got the best midfield options in the league.

It's where we've struggled the most lately for me. Particularly first half Saturday. Bents not quite at it yet. Understandable after the injuries though and he'll get there I'm sure.
Shame because when all fit and firing I think we've got the best midfield options in the league.

Prob 2nd behind City tbh, but totally agree otherwise.

They just write the latest thing. It's empty click hunting.

If we win and others drop points they will change the narrative, so it's up to us to change that a bit really.

If they told the truth based on recent history they would have to say it's a one horse race.

It never bothers me when we get written off or overlooked by the media. Better to quietly go about the business of winning games and see where it takes us.
Pool and the goons have not looked that special for me and with the European games returning I think we can finish above one of them... Maybe both?
City? Perhaps not.

It never bothers me when we get written off or overlooked by the media. Better to quietly go about the business of winning games and see where it takes us.
Pool and the goons have not looked that special for me and with the European games returning I think we can finish above one of them... Maybe both?
City? Perhaps not.
Our last four games are ridiculous, three of them are against the top three, so that will be tough.
If we finish fourth, that would be amazing in itself.

Our last four games are ridiculous, three of them are against the top three, so that will be tough.
If we finish fourth, that would be amazing in itself.

Totally agree 4th would be a helluva first season under Ange and quite possible that Villa might even pip us to that.
I know we have the three of them in a row towards the business end and away at the Geordies just before that. Doesn't get much tougher.
I just think the Scousers aren't quite as good as some have made em out to be and Arse are not as special as the majority of their 'orrible fans believe.

Totally agree 4th would be a helluva first season under Ange and quite possible that Villa might even pip us to that.
I know we have the three of them in a row towards the business end and away at the Geordies just before that. Doesn't get much tougher.
I just think the Scousers aren't quite as good as some have made em out to be and Arse are not as special as the majority of their 'orrible fans believe.
I'm a little confused this year just how many teams are in the CL....and where you have to finish...or is that in the near future...

I think fifth gets CL, if English teams do well in Europe.
We have Liverpool last game of the season, that will be hard especially as, they could need to win for the title, and klopp last game in charge.

Yes I've heard it said on talkshite and on here I think that 5th place could get champos league so yeah must depend on how the English teams fair. Ill try and have a Google in a mo.
I thought Burnley and Sheffield utd were our last games? Unless there's some rescheduling afoot? I think the Chelski game is being moved I assume because of the league cup final?

Yes I've heard it said on talkshite and on here I think that 5th place could get champos league so yeah must depend on how the English teams fair. Ill try and have a Google in a mo.
I thought Burnley and Sheffield utd were our last games? Unless there's some rescheduling afoot? I think the Chelski game is being moved I assume because of the league cup final?

Statistics say England have a 75% chance of getting five teams in the Champions League next year. I like those odds.

I think our City game was said to be likely to be moved too.

Could win all our games and still not win it! I'm Just hoping we can get our groove back and keep our players fit. Go on a nice run to secure CL and then let Ange work out what we need to win it in the next few years :ange-pray:

I think performance-wise they've been a real mix-bag all season.

Arse have looked steadier than them; albeit not as intimidating on an attacking level.
This has been the season there’s not been a standout team. Liverpool have been consistent but not great to watch. There’s still something missing with Woolwich. Villa will shit the bed and will finish below Utd and we will hopefully put pressure on the top 3 and might just cause a wee upset. Our next 6 games are all winnable. I think we might just click soon and get back to that early season form.

I just look at City and know they’ll hit form now and go on their usual second half of the season run.

City were another level of ruthless last night. Looks like Pep left De Bruyner "recovering" even longer than he needed to and it's reignited the fire.

They are the only team that's objectively levels above us at this point. Would take some doing to keep up with them but still a loooong way to go and the season just got started.

City were another level of ruthless last night. Looks like Pep left De Bruyner "recovering" even longer than he needed to and it's reignited the fire.

They are the only team that's objectively levels above us at this point. Would take some doing to keep up with them but still a loooong way to go and the season just got started.

Incredibly, we had a better xG against Brentford than they did last night.

Even with a depleted midfield and our top goalscorer missing.

Show how little xG means from one game though and also that we were at home.

I'd love for us to start controlling tough away games like that again. We have done previously this season and getting everyone fit and available should help a bit but recently every win has been a bit tense.

View: https://x.com/InvertTheWing/status/1754641555082653859?s=20

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Back
Top Bottom