Can we still win the league?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

45 points to play for. 7 points behind.

The answer to the questions remains yes we can still win the league.

West Ham’s slim chances of a title challenge took a bit of a “hammering” at the weekend though.

brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif

Not according to Phil McNumpty's lead article on BBC football. 3 way race apparently.
Until very recently I was honestly thinking we were in with a good chance. Only league games to play and the team getting back to full strength with a couple of good additions .
The last 3 performances have been a bit of a reality check for me and Still think we're a bit short Madders is improving but still not quite up to speed. Can't see Biss being 100% for a little while and worry Sonny will come back fatigued.
There is still a chance of course and that should be commended and unlike Phil I reckon we could finish above one of those 3.

They just write the latest thing. It's empty click hunting.

If we win and others drop points they will change the narrative, so it's up to us to change that a bit really.

If they told the truth based on recent history they would have to say it's a one horse race.

Mathematically yes, realistically no.

First season under Ange, new system and quite a few new players so top 4 would be an absolutely fantastic achievement under the circumstances.

Look at our defence and game management compared to the top 3, as painful as it is the top 3 are a step up from us in terms of defending, consistency and game management which is fine by the way.

Mathematically we can but given City are about to push the accelerator, we can't afford to lose a single game from this point, and I just don't think that's feasible.

This isn't a moan, or being defeatist. We're in a great position to start building for next season, especially since the spine of our team will have had a serious chance to gel by then. Like I said on Saturday, it's already February and that's the first time Bentancur and Maddison have started together, it's incredible bad luck we've had but now we can start to find our feet.

I’m glad we seen Allison and VVD having a shocker at two of the goals. It shows that these guys are there to be got at.

Exactly what I'm saying.

If that was Romero and Vicario, this place would fall apart in despair.

Even great players (and the Liverpool pair are) make mistakes and can have shockers. This title race will be about who manages the fuck ups mentally more than who fucks up the least.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You’d think we are the only team that doesn’t defend well or have players that don’t play well.
Liverpool finding out what it’s like to not have their big players on the pitch!

Our game management isn't as good as the top 3, any of those teams would have seen that result out against Everton and that's the difference.

I watched the sequence to the last goal again and we have the ball away 4 times in a minute before the foul, mental

Mathematically yes, realistically no.

First season under Ange, new system and quite a few new players so top 4 would be an absolutely fantastic achievement under the circumstances.
This.

Also, we aren't good enough at the moment, we all have eyes.

BUT, were it not for our injuries and combined with the suspensions of our first-team players I feel we were 100% capable of putting up a genuine challenge. We were very, very good (we might have got into a period of funk without these absentee players who's to know).

I like what moves we are making in the market, so feel as confident as I can be without ever hearing of the players we are bringing in, my enthusiasm is rooted in the profile of the players.

I'd like to see us replicate how we played early on under Ange, I only see it in fits and starts right now. Still, some excuses to be offered up with how the midfield functions (is Bentancur properly fit? Should he be at 6 or an 8, where Sarr fits with him loads of pieces to the jigsaw aren't clear where they fit) and how our front 3 can't keep and recycle the ball that relieves some pressure and allows us to have better control.

But in short we are so much better than I was expecting in Ange's first season to be where we are just 7 points off top is a super achievement thus far.

Sorry. I'm not buying in to this conspiracy nonsense. We're pleading more victimhood than the scousers these days.
Yes, we've had decisions go against us. But we've had some massive, game changing one's go for us too. Like Liverpool at home and City away.
There's fans of every team who swear that they're the ones being victimised.
Looking at it without any bias, I would say, if anyone, Wolves have suffered the most injustice this season
Yeah I'm with you on the ref element, John...despite some on here (one especially) claiming there's a big conspiracy aimed at preventing Spurs from winning.

Our game management isn't as good as the top 3, any of those teams would have seen that result out against Everton and that's the difference.

I watched the sequence to the last goal again and we have the ball away 4 times in a minute before the foul, mental
I agree with you on that. The nerves will get to Woolwich and Liverpool too as we get right into the business end. City will motor on now I think.

More relevant question, can Man. City do it again? Realistically that's the best scenario we could hope for at this point. Fairly confident they will.

Back
Top Bottom