Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1-0 down under 5 minutes again is the issue, nothing else

100%..

That's mentality and that is about the manager, the team around him and a lack of message getting through.

If today was a one-off then no problem.

Ahead in 5 games and not won. Always prone to early giveaways and not sorted.

Nothing good to read or infer in stats like that.

1-0 down under 5 minutes again is the issue, nothing else

Sarcasm noted, and indeed far from it, but I pretty much knew we were fucked from that moment.

Apparently so did the camera crew too.... Did you you notice how they panned to close ups of each of our players to capture the look of anguish on their faces?

I thought it was a cert that we were gonna lose Jan too.... He seemed destined for a concussion and I was shocked they let him play on after that shiner.

For a multitude of reasons, today bothers me far more than Tuesday night did.... I make no bones about it, EPL is bread and butter for me.

What really concerned me today was the total lack of movement, the players didn’t try, some of them not one bit.

Every time we had the ball no runners, just static, half the team must have come off the pitch without breaking a sweat.

I can forgive the Bayern lose to some degree, we where deer in the headlights but today was different. It was very alarming.

Something is bugging me , Harry Kane.
He was the captain today for 88mins but didn't show it in anyway I can remember.
Two matches we lost in four days, no interview no tweet.
Is he having second thoughts?! Or just upset!

What really concerned me today was the total lack of movement, the players didn’t try, some of them not one bit.

Every time we had the ball no runners, just static, half the team must have come off the pitch without breaking a sweat.

I can forgive the Bayern lose to some degree, we where deer in the headlights but today was different. It was very alarming.
Levy told everyone not to move

they both aught to have the conviction of their professional insight.

I suspect however said players weren't sold because in fact they were wanted by the manager.
Yes, a demerit in his line. I imagine the dier one was pride vs Mourinho becasue Dier was already behind Vic at the time. I imagine most were pretty comfortable with that arrangement. I was.

but you can bet your ass the vast majority of those saying they should have been sold now would have been at the front of the queue accusing Levy of selling the team out from under Poch at the time.
Yes, random flip-flopping does occur but that is different from changing your opinion based on new evidence or having been at the front of the queue with unpopular opinions that ultimately become conventional wisdom. Both get lumped into that dismissive hindsight charge.

But that would have depended on how the proceeds were utilized, right? If we sold Dele and Dier and got Neymar would those folks have been angry? If we sold them and shopped at WestHam then I can understand.

When seeing players of ours performing to the level that they were at the time;
This is the point you are missing. Dele never performed, he scored. His performances were always that of a very raw player. His goal contributions always outpaced his actual play and I would expect a manager to see that considering how much time they have to see it.

Just home from work. I know the score but should I watch the game? All your comments make it sound like a horror film. Shall I avoid this, have a large drink and go shag the wife or are there any redeeming features to be gained by watching it?

I've been wittering on about dancing with my mum because I don't think I have the strength to relive the game in any shape or form. I still can't quite get my head around how truly awful we were, from start to finish. We usually have at least a 30 minute spell where we do something useful. But today - absolutely nothing, we made them look exciting and dynamic. They should be too embarrassed to pick up their wages this week, completely unacceptable performance.

Just home from work. I know the score but should I watch the game? All your comments make it sound like a horror film. Shall I avoid this, have a large drink and go shag the wife or are there any redeeming features to be gained by watching it?
Watch it and the shag the wife.....she’ll call you Mr Stallion from that moment on

Back
Top Bottom