Brighton (A) 12:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy would have been slaughtered for selling our "world-class" midfield at the time though.
A leader doesn't listen to the masses. The masses are ignorant followers that need to be educated and led not pandered to. Some people were on board with both of these moves my friend. It would have been hard to hear those voices above the din of 'world class'/gooner scum etc etc but that's why dissenting voices should be considered instead of reflexively shouted down.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Hindsight is a wonderful thing for those that need hindsight to interpret the evidence playing out before them but wasn't necessary for some folks. I'll let you guess which side I was on.

For the third time... Don't engage with me then, silly. :)
Ok let's turn this around tbf I hate conflict rather everyone just get on we do have the same agenda after all. I am curious about your tag-line...is it some sort of chat up line you use on Grinder or some strange BDSM fantasy you have......night night Airfixx sleep tight. You never know whose out there.

That must be painful, I had a trapped nerve in my elbow for about 18 months that eventually needed an operation which was bad enough, dislocated elbow must be through the roof type pain.
Get well soon Hugo.
I'm such a bad person - I thought he was putting it on because he dropped such a ricket!

Just when I thought today couldn't get any worse, I've got lumbered taking my mum out with her geriatric friends to a dance, and not one where I can join in - it's all waltzes and foxtrot. Serves me right for moaning that I was missing Strictly.
You driving? Have a half snakebite and bag pork scratchins you’ll be fine evening will get better.

Why does poch continue to pick players like Erisken who clearly don’t give a flying fuck and just want to stay Injury free until January ? Does he want to get sacked and end up with a big pay out?

Why does poch continue to pick players like Erisken who clearly don’t give a flying fuck and just want to stay Injury free until January ? Does he want to get sacked and end up with a big pay out?
For the same reasons he picked Dier, Dele, Serge, Sissoko RB, bench Lucas .... probably for that reason

Who is the best and on form defensive midfielder out of Dire, Sissoko, Nodemeble or Eriksen?

I would say Sissoko and he was played RB today.

A leader doesn't listen to the masses. The masses are ignorant followers that need to be educated and led not pandered to.

Well, if Poch/Levy (our proverbial leaders) have been listening to 'the plebs' then fuck them both off; they both aught to have the conviction of their professional insight.

I suspect however said players weren't sold because in fact they were wanted by the manager.

Some people were on board with both of these moves my friend. It would have been hard to hear those voices above the din of 'world class'/gooner scum etc etc but that's why dissenting voices should be considered instead of reflexively shouted down.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing for those that need hindsight to interpret the evidence playing out before them but wasn't necessary for some folks. I'll let you guess which side I was on.

You only joined in Aug 18 so I wouldn't know what your opinion was back in those days, but you can bet your ass the vast majority of those saying they should have been sold now would have been at the front of the queue accusing Levy of selling the team out from under Poch at the time.

(You may note in the post you quoted that I put the term world class in speech marks... The intent was to acknowledge that this was the common narrative rather than a tangible fact at the time.... I.e. It was debatable, but with us flying high, VERY few did.)

Personally, I don't strive to be first with such judgements (or present myself as scout material)... When seeing players of ours performing to the level that they were at the time; I'm typically inclined to put faith in them maintaining or improving... If this makes me a happy clapper then so be it. :)

Too many of the essential ‘cogs’ of the last few seasons are gone (Dembele and pretty-much Wanyama) or out-of-form (Alli, Dier, Jan, Sanchez, Rose, Eriksen, Kane) that we have to rely on Lamela-of-the-million-touches and Son. It’s not surprising we’re struggling.

I was also wondering earlier, as every player ran all over the place, if the instructions are becoming too complex. I think it was Bobby Robson who rejuvenated Shearer by telling him to ‘face forward and run onto the ball’. Is Poch making the roles too difficult, perhaps?

Ok let's turn this around tbf I hate conflict rather everyone just get on we do have the same agenda after all. I am curious about your tag-line...is it some sort of chat up line you use on Grinder or some strange BDSM fantasy you have......night night Airfixx sleep tight. You never know whose out there.

It's a line from a cab driver I once encountered whom, in broken English, was inquiring whether I was a boxing fan.... Seemed quite in theme with the gesturing in my avatar.

....Sorry if it got your juices flowing. :dierpochhug:

I'm such a bad person - I thought he was putting it on because he dropped such a ricket!
Don’t feel too bad, I don’t think you were the only one.
Need to wait for the announcement regarding his rehab, but I think it will be months rather than weeks, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

It's a line from a cab driver I once encountered whom, in broken English, was inquiring whether I was a boxing fan.... Seemed quite in theme with the gesturing in my avatar.

....Sorry if it got your juices flowing. :dierpochhug:
Take it easy Airfixx, swords sheathed and oiled for another day!! Pmsl just realized how that came out haha........totally unintentionally. Seriously though I bear you no I'll will just fucked off like the rest of us. Till we meet again....

You driving? Have a half snakebite and bag pork scratchins you’ll be fine evening will get better.
Had a couple of vodkas at the supporters club watching the game, that's about my limit, got to get mum home safely, can't expect her to get me home in one piece!

Is it true???

Do it Poch.
Nothing to lose now, son

giphy.gif

Don’t feel too bad, I don’t think you were the only one.
Need to wait for the announcement regarding his rehab, but I think it will be months rather than weeks, but hopefully sooner rather than later.
One consolation, I can feast my eyes on the lovely Gazza, it's not as I can lose myself in the scintillating football!

Back
Top Bottom