Brentford fc vs TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR/ Sun 13th 14:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

First game will tell us a lot about how Ange's rubber hits the EPL road.

Mind you, he usually has a rough start at any new club but you at least want to see evidence of his attacking style. Wouldn't be surprised to see a strong performance, and if it is... can only augur well.

I’d ask that everyone temper their expectations for the first few games. Ange is renowned for having poor starts, the team is completely changing their on field tactics from the last few years and we’ll have lost our talisman. Brentford won 5 of their last 6 games last season which included games against us and Man City. If people think we’re going to get off to an amazing start and hit the ground running, you might be in for a rude awakening and it’ll be a long season for you. Let’s see how we’re doing at Christmas and just hope that we become more enjoyable to watch

I’d ask that everyone temper their expectations for the first few games. Ange is renowned for having poor starts, the team is completely changing their on field tactics from the last few years and we’ll have lost our talisman. Brentford won 5 of their last 6 games last season which included games against us and Man City. If people think we’re going to get off to an amazing start and hit the ground running, you might be in for a rude awakening and it’ll be a long season for you. Let’s see how we’re doing at Christmas and just hope that we become more enjoyable to watch

But he's never taken over a team as good as ours.

I never watched Celtic pre season games the year he took over but how did they look? Did they adapt as quickly to his system as our players have?

We have better players than he's managed before. Maybe better players find it easier to adapt to said system?

I'm not going to be sad if we lose to Brentford opening day. They're hardly a shit team. Have given plenty of teams a tough time, it's opening day and they'll be just as up for it.

This is an absolute must win !
....yeah, good luck with tempering those expectations JIMINHO JIMINHO

Scarlett to come on and score a 95th minute tap in for 2-1, run over to the fans with a grimace on his face and take his shirt off to reveal an undershirt with the words "MY TURN NOW".

One can dream...

Let's hope Ange doesn't give a series of team talks leading up to the game which are as negative as some of the comments on here! "Right lads, I know Harry has gone, and I hear on TFG forum we're essentially finished. I agree, we're fucked. Good luck out there."

I actually think he's the best man to inspire the team and prove very quickly that his philosophy is the key to success in the League proper. These players should go out there believing that they can be the start of something special under him, Kane or no Kane.

Vicario
Emerson Romero Dav Udogie
Bissouma
Maddison Lo Celso
Porro Son Perisic

Dav and Lo Celso could be vdV and Skipp really, but feel they have just about done enough to earn starts first game.

COYS

Sky have announced that they won’t bother showing the match on Sunday. They will spend the entire three hours in the studio gloating instead. Lineker and Shearer being brought in just to sit there grinning.

Not sure I will even watch it yet as cannot see us getting any points. Will make a decision Sunday but certainly will not listen to Sky's build up and will mute the commentary as cannot bear their joy that he has gone.
Come on, we were 2-0 up against barcelona with our B team. Had the A team travelled we would have won.

I'm sure we can give Brentford some problems

You are absolutely right, I have been meaning to do it to be fair 😅 I'll get on it
Thank U Reaction GIF by BROCKHAMPTON

Let's get back to what matters most, and that's Spurs winning football matches.

i'm going for a Nice 1-3 win with a slick entertaining performance.

Fuck the circus I can't wait for this game.

this has got Desmond 2-2 written all over it.

Not sure we are good enough to go there and win, (I think I heard only 2 teams managed that last season?)
there will be goals and there will be goals conceded.

Wouldn't be a bad point actually

Back
Top Bottom