Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he'll ever be good enough but there's atleast 8 or 9 other players I'd cunt off before him tonight. He atleast tried to make something happen.

Don't think we play in a way that fits him, he would probably thrive if we play on counter, but definitely not skillful enough to create something or keeps possession.
Said this the other day and got asked what the 'hate' was about. I don't hate him and I don't rate him. Here's a thing let's stop buying Forest level players. This team desperately needs flair and the system that some have some odd Jihadi style faith in looks fundamentally flawed.....

tbh I think the raw attributes are there with him to be a modern day Aaron Lennon.

He deserves time, IMO, he'll come good.
Lennon beat his man five times a game. This guy does it five times a season. He has none of Lennon's attributes except vaguely the same complexion and position lol

tbh I think the raw attributes are there with him to be a modern day Aaron Lennon.

He deserves time, IMO, he'll come good.
The thing that worries me most is lack of belief getting at the defender, literally checks back everytime. Would much prefer him to drive at FB and try to go past even if he loses it sometimes. His best attributes so far are his low cross into box and arriving at back post. But for price we paid need to see a lot more. Definitely not writing him off yet though

£50m on a winger who can't beat a man; hasn't got a trick, jink or stepover in his locker; can't shoot; misses sitters; puts in floaty crosses; or crosses bashed straight into the fullback; doesn't utilise his so-called pace; scared to take risks, list goes on.

Terrible, terrible, overspend on a bench player.
hes a shockingly bad dribbler for a winger. balls not tight enough to him and like you say doesnt even have a shoulder drop in him. fucking awful. FIFTY FUCKING MILLION POUND!!! the state of it.

The thing that worries me most is lack of belief getting at the defender, literally checks back everytime. Would much prefer him to drive at FB and try to go past even if he loses it sometimes. His best attributes so far are his low cross into box and arriving at back post. But for price we paid need to see a lot more. Definitely not writing him off yet though
I'm not sure it's a lack of belief as much as it's good self awareness - he just doesn't have the technical ability to get past the defender. He can believe himself to la la land but it won't improve his dribbling.

I'm not sure it's a lack of belief as much as it's good self awareness - he just doesn't have the technical ability to get past the defender. He can believe himself to la la land but it won't improve his dribbling.
That's fair but one thing he has is raw pace but he barely uses it. Should knock it five yards past defender on one v ones and open up

Seems like a nice lad who tries his best but like much of the team he's lacking steel in his character. Worth holding onto though he may well improve in that aspect as he gets older. Not sure that will be when Ange is the manager though.

Doesn't create that separation that elite wingers do and the thing is, he also doesn't have finishing ability to make up for the other things he lacks.

He's had some really good contributions this season. But its quite telling that most of those were when he has come off the bench with the momentum in swing, usually at home in front of a home crowd and space to run into and create.

Sort of player who will destroy teams in the Europa League next year though - but we need to aim for better in the Premier League, it's such an important position for us.

That's fair but one thing he has is raw pace but he barely uses it. Should knock it five yards past defender on one v ones and open up
he barely uses his pace because hes in a system that aims to pin the oppo in, hes not in a counter attacking side.

knock it 5 yards past a defender? what youre talking about would require good technique...he aint bale. he does knock it 5 yards everytime he trys to run with it but its into a defender not past them.

Back
Top Bottom