Brennan Johnson

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think he’s a good option. young enough to develop as well. Obviously massively overpriced but that’s how it is for British players. has definitely improved as time has gone on and has a good attitude. Is his return much worse than doku for example and a lot of people blow smoke up his arse

think he showed some good moments yesterday, just needs greater consistency. Hope it's not another Jenas type situation were he has moments but you know who could do more consistently

I think he is the player who annoys and frustrates me the most in this team - just so painfully basic and one-dimensional. One of the most uninspiring wingers I've seen since Ruel Fox!

People were cheering when we didn't go fully in for Anthony Gordan and now look! Bring it on ourselves. It's not the 90s anymore. Strong footed wingers on the same side as their foot just isn't a thing. You need to be inverted to make it in elite level tactics. He either develops on the Left and learns this or we sell to whoever stumps up 20 mill.

you know the clear sign that hes a shit footballer? just watch him with the ball...lacks that elegant look on the ball that players should have at this level. the ball is never properly attached to him, its always looking to get away from him.

Personally I thought he was one of the few players trying to make something happen tonight. Some iffy final balls but there were at least 7 other players out there who were worse.

If we bought him for 20m or less, I think everyone’s opinion of him would be different. I also think he’d be playing consistently better because he doesn’t have that price tag over his head. He’s very frustrating though. Really think he should have scored that ball from PEH right after the second goal

Personally I thought he was one of the few players trying to make something happen tonight. Some iffy final balls but there were at least 7 other players out there who were worse.
He was trying indeed. That's what worries me, he was still unbelievably bad. Every cross hit the first man and he is clearly super limited technically. He looked like an amateur trying to get past his man.

Trying is not enough.

We are supposedly one of the top Premier League clubs. WE NEED QUALITY.

No matter how hard he tries, Johnson is not going to suddenly become technically gifted. The bloke has Everton written all over him. Absolutely bizarre signing.

Don't think we play in a way that fits him, he would probably thrive if we play on counter, but definitely not skillful enough to create something or keeps possession.

£50m on a winger who can't beat a man; hasn't got a trick, jink or stepover in his locker; can't shoot; misses sitters; puts in floaty crosses; or crosses bashed straight into the fullback; doesn't utilise his so-called pace; scared to take risks, list goes on.

Terrible, terrible, overspend on a bench player.

Back
Top Bottom